Barry Bonds

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:49 pm
They have to. Or else they wouldn't have indicted him. Well, the 4th branch of the government finally got what they wanted. They got a story, it was on Bonds, and now he has a very likely chance to getting busted. Now they can report it over and over again on Sportscenter and what not. :roll:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:49 pm
I, as 32 will probably tell you, will jump off his bandwagon the minute he is found guilty of steriods. Indictments dont mean anything until the gavel sounds.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:40 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I, as 32 will probably tell you, will jump off his bandwagon the minute he is found guilty of steriods. Indictments dont mean anything until the gavel sounds.

They're not after his steroid use, they're after him for lying.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:12 am
shiiittt..who never lie in this world....
leave B.bond alone...do your own business. :evil:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:04 am
StuckInSoCal wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I, as 32 will probably tell you, will jump off his bandwagon the minute he is found guilty of steriods. Indictments dont mean anything until the gavel sounds.

Which is precisely why I don't give a sh*t.

They're getting Barry on BS, Al Capone charges. Its disgusting. They've been after this guy for 4 years. Stephen A. Smith put it best yesterday, with his points about McGwire, Palmero, and every other white home run hitter not getting anywhere NEAR as much flack as Barry Bonds. I understand Barry is the home run king. I understand he's the big fish. But come on. This is just plain, goddamn ridiculous.

As with Barry's attorney, I also question (should Barry be found innocent) whether the federal government or American media will spend a fraction of as much energry rebuilding Barry's reputation, as they've done destroying it.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:23 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:

I know that, but like 32 said, who gives a damn about him lying? As a baseball fan, do you really care if he lies? You shouldn't.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:08 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:

I know that, but like 32 said, who gives a damn about him lying? As a baseball fan, do you really care if he lies? You shouldn't.

You dont care about him lying to a Federal grand jury????

He needed to tell the truth to the grand jury just like Giambi did. If he was a MAN, he would have admitted his mistake, apologized, and taken the consequences. People would have respected him for that.

Instead he lied and stayed his arrogant A-hole self thinking he is above the law and would not get caught.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:59 pm
badabing8888 wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:

You dont care about him lying to a Federal grand jury????

He needed to tell the truth to the grand jury just like Giambi did. If he was a MAN, he would have admitted his mistake, apologized, and taken the consequences. People would have respected him for that.

Instead he lied and stayed his arrogant A-hole self thinking he is above the law and would not get caught.

No one denys that he is an a-hole. Honestly, though, as baseball fans, we dont need to worry about what they do off the field. Focus on what they do on it.

As for your middle paragraph saying that people would respect him.... people have never ever respected him. Not now, not in the past, and not in the future. He could do the nicest thing in the world, and people would still hate him. Dont kid yourself that people would respect him. People have been out to get him for YEARS, and it is a fuking joke.
Previous

Return to Sports Board