Game Thread: Detroit Pistons @ Warriors 2007-11-14

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Did you imagine the Warriors starting off 0-5?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:40 am

YES
12%
NO
88%

Total votes : 17

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:23 am
I did not get to see the entire game so I can't comment about everything, but from what I saw in the second half, this team was playing not to lose rather than playing to win. It was almost as though it was a foregone conclusion that the Pistons knew they were going to come back and win the game and ultimately, that is exactly what happened.

Defensively, we are terrible right now and until we improve in this area, we are going to struggle to win games. As I have said, we were successful last season late in the year because of a committment on the defensive end and a committment to rebounding. That is not happening right now and we are paying for it by picking up loss after loss.

With an East Coast trip coming up after the Clippers game Friday, this could get worse before it gets better.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:33 am
Man, that was bad.

W's relied on the zone too much, and strating in the 3rd, the Pistons just totally dismantled it. Add in the complete inability to score, with the all-too-often 'three bomb' strategy (34 3 attempts!), and a lead can easily be erased. But, a 30 point difference? That's just poor.

In addition to the usual (FT's, defense, rebounding), I saw two negatives while at the game.

There is NO floor leadership. I know Jack is out, and that Baron is hurt/tired, but NO ONE stepped up anywhere to lead the W's. Energy was low, players were stagnant, ball didn't move.

Nellie's reliance (insistance) on using only established players is biting him in the nether area. 48 minutes for Azu, 45 for Baron, 37 each for Al and AB. Its too much, and its going to bring injuries. I realize he's trying to get the best team out there, and guys like POB, Wright and Mario are not our top players, but they are not going to imporve soley in practice either.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:04 pm
saw the game in person...

even with the 22 pt lead, you had the feeling that it was NEVER enough. The way we got the 22 pt lead was pretty much shooting lights out and Wallace being in foul trouble. Davis looked tired PERIOD, his LACK of defense really hurt but he can only do so much. AB missed about 4 lay-ups after fumbling the ball...

Heres my take on the other players:

Marco - First play TURNOVER... I think they really need to run set plays for him.

POB - First two minutes, TWO FOULS... still he was not that bad and he played his role

Wright - LONG and made a difference when he was in the game. Rebounding, put backs, etc...

Harrington - Probably tired out also, missed 2 POINT BLANK lay-ups.. But was probably our best player

Baron - Would have had more assist if other players finish. Tired legs, and shots was not falling in second half. Nelson better watch out, because Baron is PLAYING TOO MUCH!

Barnes - up and down... shot too many threes but was def much better than any other small forwards we had... (not name sjax)

Buike - he was solid, JUST SOLID, all around game. Got hit a couple of times and no call, but played within himself.

Monta - I'm starting to lose faith... free throw is HORRIBLE and he appears to be one dimensional.

AB - under performed... sad sad sad... his FG % is awful because he just cannot finish like he did last year.

Nelly - needs to run more set plays... thats all...
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:08 pm
~W~ wrote:Buike - he was solid, JUST SOLID, all around game. Got hit a couple of times and no call, but played within himself.

Monta - I'm starting to lose faith... free throw is HORRIBLE and he appears to be one dimensional.

AB - under performed... sad sad sad... his FG % is awful because he just cannot finish like he did last year.

OK, wait. I agree with a fair amount said here, and I'm not going to defend the team as a whole, but I will defend AB.

Underperformed? Aweful FG%

18 points, 11 rebs, 6/6 Ft, 2 Assists, 1 turnover on 6 of 13 in 37 min.

Where as Azu had
16 points, 6 reb, 1/2 FT, 4 assist, 2 turnovers, on 6 of 17 in 48 min.

Azu was solid, but AB was 'sad, sad, sad?'
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:01 pm
J-Rich wrote:Sorry ass W's!!! Can't even win a game up by 20 pts at home. I'm waiting for someone here to say this was a good loss! I'm gonna laugh in their face! Plus, playing without Billups.

This was a good loss...

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:04 pm
drazz wrote:
~W~ wrote:Buike - he was solid, JUST SOLID, all around game. Got hit a couple of times and no call, but played within himself.

OK, wait. I agree with a fair amount said here, and I'm not going to defend the team as a whole, but I will defend AB.

Underperformed? Aweful FG%

18 points, 11 rebs, 6/6 Ft, 2 Assists, 1 turnover on 6 of 13 in 37 min.

Where as Azu had
16 points, 6 reb, 1/2 FT, 4 assist, 2 turnovers, on 6 of 17 in 48 min.

Azu was solid, but AB was 'sad, sad, sad?'

maybe i was too harsh but as I sat in the SO CALL club 200 area, i cant help but notice that the 7 shots he missed was practically all layups. Yes, he made his free throws and yes he had one turnover but last year he would of have finished those layups. But you're right, I was too harsh.
Previous

Return to Game Threads