Game Thread: Detroit Pistons @ Warriors 2007-11-14

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Did you imagine the Warriors starting off 0-5?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:40 am

YES
12%
NO
88%

Total votes : 17

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:39 am
vietazndude wrote:i agree with sfgiants, if they can make their free throws we can win.
warriors by 8, oh and im new to the forums and im not a jazz fan!

Welcome to the forum

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:43 am
Im sorry to say this.............but Detroit are eveything we are not right now = strong, big, solid, tough.................I dont see us winning this one unfortunately, whether I remember pre trade wins or not.

I can imagine abit of a blowout here.................although hopefully Nellie has spent the week with our boys reviewing game tape and screaming his ass of at them!!............. although hes probably just been down the pub and the players have been working on one on one drills all week!!!

I so want to be wrong..............but my bones tell me otherwise............
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:49 pm
Let's see;

Detroit coming off a loss to the Blazers. Ouch. Second day of a back-to-bcak road trip for them as well. Not a great running team, but solid in half court offense.

Watch for the W's to play a healthy amount of zone--AB on Sheed out at the three line is asking for defensive struggles.

W's need to:
keep McDyess under control
prevent the three bombs from raining down
drive and dish
use the bench effectively (no MP, Croshere available and finally 12 men)
appriciate the rest they got from the week off

W's, with lots of energy, get their first win of the season, 105-92

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:03 pm
what channel is fsn plus? I have comcast digital at home and dishnetwork at the office. Do i need to subscribe to this channel?
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:38 pm
For comcast it's 410 I believe (if not, then it's 420. Either of those, can't remember which).
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:10 pm
vietazndude wrote:i agree with sfgiants, if they can make their free throws we can win.
warriors by 8, oh and im new to the forums and im not a jazz fan!

Yay, someone agrees with me. :mrgreen:

Welcome to the forum man. Good to hear you arent a Jazz fan. :wink:

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:03 pm
tvaldivi wrote:At first I didn't like this game but I looked at the schedule and saw the Pistons were playing the Blazers tonight so that means tomorrow night will be a back end of a back to back! We all know the difficulties of teams playing a back end of a back 2 back, and therefore the Pistons will struggle to keep up with a well rested W's team. Warriors by 9!!!!

1-5 Baby!

well said. hopefully we can come out a blazin right right out the tip off. and yes the game should be on 410

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:54 pm
Sorry ass W's!!! Can't even win a game up by 20 pts at home. I'm waiting for someone here to say this was a good loss! I'm gonna laugh in their face! Plus, playing without Billups.

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:54 pm
i can't stand all this losing....missing ft's....man..............this is super f sauce. loyalty is a curse man.
DUBBBIN’ !

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:59 pm
Should've left Wright in the game longer abit longer! He did play pretty decent against the Pistons frontline!

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:59 pm
J-Rich wrote:Sorry ass W's!!! Can't even win a game up by 20 pts at home. I'm waiting for someone here to say this was a good loss! I'm gonna laugh in their face! Plus, playing without Billups.

hhahaha the good loss line was pretty good.

yeah, that was one of the most depressing games i have seen by the dubs. here we were looking like a good team without sjax and we completely blow iti n the 2nd half with typical warrior threes and so on. if we just learned we could run to the hoop a little more often beacuse they think we're taking threes, we would've won this game easily.

also,
we neededw wright and obryant in there. they were actually doing more good than not comparatively to the other players on teh floor. i dont get nellie man wouldnt you want wright to become an asset by playoff time? then he'd be an awesome 3rrd or even 2nd option in the future...

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:30 pm
classic warriors basketball.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:37 pm
a very disappointed loss again..lead by 22 pts and blow up in 3-4 quarter...

prince kill us with the couple big shots also R.wallace step up on fourth quarter... :banghead:

we should let AL shoot the ball more than barnes...
barnes really can't shoot for tonite game.
i really hate when saw referee called travel on Azu twice and one for monta.
well....nothing to say...just another loss...good nite
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:42 am
Very disappointing. Pistons were without Billups and McDyess, two starters, and the team still didn't get it done. Things need to change and fast

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:28 am
Ugh... awful game. We played really well offensively in the first half, but our D was non-existant. Once again, awful from the FT line (except Beans... Go figure!). And we still can't stop anybody when it matters.

Also, as GSW United said, Barnes shot way too much. Someone has to tell him he's not Kobe. And Wright should have played more. He didn't look bad the few minutes he stayed on the court. I'm actually thinking that Nellie is doing a poor job these first games of the season (I'm not doubting him, just saying that the rotation should be different, according to what our players are doing on the court).

Still, playing at home against the Pistons, who were without McDyess and Billups, and winning by 22... to end up with a L?. That's a terrible loss.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads