kg and the celts are ****ing amazing

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:45 am
So does anyone here actually disagree with me when I say KG really has established himself as the best player in the league? The way he's been playing lately, I honestly think if you swapped him with Tim Duncan, the Spurs would have five rings instead of four. I mean, the guy is averaging 20, 15, and 6. That is ****ing insane, man.

No one chest thumps like Kevin Garnett either, my god. I feel like he'd break stone with one of those. As much as I love the dubs, I really can't wait for each upcoming Boston game. It's a real treat to see these guys play. I really hope they make it to the Finals, and the way they're playing, it's hard to see them not doing it. We'll see when they play Detroit (all the way in December), but man, they might actually be undefeated until then. They are too good, it's almost unfair.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:04 am
They're gonna lose games man!

I mean they'll definately win there division and they'll probably wrap up winning the East and will definately make Eastern conference Finals.

But each team needs role players.

Do i have to remind you of the negative effect on team chemistry the LA LAKERS had a few years back (Kobe, Shaq, Mailman & The Glove)

All i see this team doing is those 3 guys posing for photos and hanging out together. I havn;t seen much in terms of the Big 3 showing the other 9 guys on the lineup love and i think they're will be a negative impact on the team somewhere down the track with 3 BIG EGOS like that in the lockerroom (well maybe not so Jesus Shuttleworth, i've never really seen him with a EGO)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:00 am
Boston is an extremely good team... but they're not exactly deep. They need to stay healthy, and only Rondo and Posey (and, at times, Perkins) are of any help.

Of course, they should be considered the top contender in the east right now... but we'll see how they endure a full season.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:10 am
pawnograffiti wrote:They're gonna lose games man!

I mean they'll definately win there division and they'll probably wrap up winning the East and will definately make Eastern conference Finals.

Do i have to remind you of the negative effect on team chemistry the LA LAKERS had a few years back (Kobe, Shaq, Mailman & The Glove)

All i see this team doing is those 3 guys posing for photos and hanging out together. I havn;t seen much in terms of the Big 3 showing the other 9 guys on the lineup love and i think they're will be a negative impact on the team somewhere down the track with 3 BIG EGOS like that in the lockerroom (well maybe not so Jesus Shuttleworth, i've never really seen him with a EGO)

yes, i know they will lose games, c'mon, i'm not a serious enough homer to think it's rigged in their favor the rest of the season.

however,
as the big three continues to gel and get even better, they are going to vastly improve the talent around them. you have to remember something, everyone is in the nba for a reason. you have to be damn good to get there. and ANYONE can look damn good if they're getting open looks all the time. case in point; since everyone on the big three commands double teams, the rest of the team will free up and be able to contribute in that way. eddie house, james posey, kendrick perkins, and rajon rondo have all made valuable contributions to the team, contributions that are likely to improve as the season goes on.

and you honestly think the big three are selfish?
i don't know man. have you been watching the way these guys play games? they are playing some of the best team ball i have ever seen in my life. and their defense is amazing, i think they're actually first in the league right now in opponent's pts scored. so, not only are they already the bets defensive team in the league , they might even have the capability be the best shooting team too (ray ray is like shooting 60+%)
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:49 am
yup they will lost some games and for sure is for W's... :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:27 pm
They are looking great but they could fall for a few games for sure. The big three are so good together, none of them ball hogs and the role players, like Eddie House, are playing very well. It doesn't get any better than this though and it wil be interesting how they react to losing a few

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:52 pm
gumby wrote:
pawnograffiti wrote:They're gonna lose games man!

yes, i know they will lose games, c'mon, i'm not a serious enough homer to think it's rigged in their favor the rest of the season.

however,
as the big three continues to gel and get even better, they are going to vastly improve the talent around them. you have to remember something, everyone is in the nba for a reason. you have to be damn good to get there. and ANYONE can look damn good if they're getting open looks all the time. case in point; since everyone on the big three commands double teams, the rest of the team will free up and be able to contribute in that way. eddie house, james posey, kendrick perkins, and rajon rondo have all made valuable contributions to the team, contributions that are likely to improve as the season goes on.

and you honestly think the big three are selfish?
i don't know man. have you been watching the way these guys play games? they are playing some of the best team ball i have ever seen in my life. and their defense is amazing, i think they're actually first in the league right now in opponent's pts scored. so, not only are they already the bets defensive team in the league , they might even have the capability be the best shooting team too (ray ray is like shooting 60+%)

I'm just saying they not gonna win 82 games and your a douchebag if yuo actually post that.

i do agree with you though on the double team theory. KG Demands a instand double team and i could see teams wanting to throw the occassional DT on a firing Allen or streaky Pierce. Sure other guys are gonna have way open looks

& yeah free agents will wanna come in and play with the Celts as the season progress (look for those solid retired vet signings a little bit into the season) you know when your Kwillis or Jmashburns sign up with a playoff team around March/April just in hope to win a title.

Yeah they'll get to Eastern Conference Final... But i think they'll fall short to the Pistons (Pistons have too many QUALITY BIGS) & the Pistons bench is a lot deeper
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:03 am
pawnograffiti wrote:Yeah they'll get to Eastern Conference Final... But i think they'll fall short to the Pistons (Pistons have too many QUALITY BIGS) & the Pistons bench is a lot deeper

I can't see the Pistons winning the east. As for their big men, they're not as great. McDyess is not the same player we saw in Denver, 'Sheed is still effective, but getting old and Maxiell won't do much against KG. I like him, but he's not gonna be a difference maker.

I think that only Miami, IF (big if) they're all healthy or Chicago IF (another big if) they're able to trade for Kobe without giving up all of their young players, can hope to beat the Celtics. Or Cleveland if Lebron can win the series by himself, something not too far-fetched.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:18 pm
TMC wrote:
pawnograffiti wrote:Yeah they'll get to Eastern Conference Final... But i think they'll fall short to the Pistons (Pistons have too many QUALITY BIGS) & the Pistons bench is a lot deeper

I can't see the Pistons winning the east. As for their big men, they're not as great. McDyess is not the same player we saw in Denver, 'Sheed is still effective, but getting old and Maxiell won't do much against KG. I like him, but he's not gonna be a difference maker.

I think that only Miami, IF (big if) they're all healthy or Chicago IF (another big if) they're able to trade for Kobe without giving up all of their young players, can hope to beat the Celtics. Or Cleveland if Lebron can win the series by himself, something not too far-fetched.

The Pistons are still the best Eastern Conference TEAM. They play as a team so well, like the Spurs almost. Maxiell is coming along and they have found a couple of contributors on the bench. They still need one more effective player though I think but the Celts can easily lose if one of their big three doesn't play well because their role players can be up and down from game to game

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:50 pm
I like KG, Allen, and even like Piece a little bit. But I have hated the Celts all my life and always will.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:45 pm
I've never had any love for any northern east team. The Red Sox are okay, but I'm not a fan of them(only during the series because I'm not a Rockies fan). The Patriots(cheaters), Celtics(desperate) ect ect ect...
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:59 pm
Can't say I've ever liked the Celts but I don't play favourites as much as I used to

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:15 am
the truth is, you have 3 players who all need a double team, and last time I checked there are only 5 players on the floor at once, so, so long as all three stay healthy (and you have 3 very durable players), they should be looking at 65 wins this year and a trip to the finals.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:50 am
migya wrote:The Pistons are still the best Eastern Conference TEAM. They play as a team so well, like the Spurs almost. Maxiell is coming along and they have found a couple of contributors on the bench. They still need one more effective player though I think but the Celts can easily lose if one of their big three doesn't play well because their role players can be up and down from game to game

Three words:

FLIP SAUNDERS CHOKES

It's been happening forever, so I don't expect the trend to change. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:56 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:The Pistons are still the best Eastern Conference TEAM. They play as a team so well, like the Spurs almost. Maxiell is coming along and they have found a couple of contributors on the bench. They still need one more effective player though I think but the Celts can easily lose if one of their big three doesn't play well because their role players can be up and down from game to game

Three words:

FLIP SAUNDERS CHOKES

It's been happening forever, so I don't expect the trend to change. :wink:

You are too harsh and the players are the ones out there :wink:

Next

Return to Sports Board