81%
NO
19%

Total votes : 16

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:47 am
migya wrote:
Hoonyo wrote:I think Special K has shown the league that J-Rich was expendable. He threw it down like J-Rich, shot 3s like J-Rich, and even missed free throws like J-Rich :mrgreen:

He has been the biggest surprise and second best player so far. Without him playing the way he has, things would look much worse

worse than 0-5 :?: :wink: I know what you are saying, though...the 3 consistently good players have been BD, Al and Buke...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:30 am
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:
Hoonyo wrote:I think Special K has shown the league that J-Rich was expendable. He threw it down like J-Rich, shot 3s like J-Rich, and even missed free throws like J-Rich :mrgreen:

He has been the biggest surprise and second best player so far. Without him playing the way he has, things would look much worse

worse than 0-5 :?: :wink: I know what you are saying, though...the 3 consistently good players have been BD, Al and Buke...

Damn, how about Al Harrington? Every time he gets the ball, he is making it. Hitting that open three, driving to the lane, posting up on someone. He has been awesome, and for those of you who are complaining about Dunleavy going off, look at Harrington.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:18 pm
Completely agree with BD, AZ, and Al. And Harrington’s just been a beast.

On a completely different note, this is just an observation, but doesn’t B-Wright run like Neon Deion (aka Primetime)? I didn’t think anyone else would have that style.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:36 pm
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:

Those three are definately the best performing three so far. Pietrus has been pretty solid and consistent, Monta looks like he is coming back to last season's form and Barnes has been pretty good lately also. Biedrins has alos been looking a bit better but he is the one that I expected a bit more from, maybe I'm expecting too much but he was very good in the Euro championships

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:17 pm
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:

Those three are definately the best performing three so far. Pietrus has been pretty solid and consistent, Monta looks like he is coming back to last season's form and Barnes has been pretty good lately also. Biedrins has alos been looking a bit better but he is the one that I expected a bit more from, maybe I'm expecting too much but he was very good in the Euro championships

In terms of individual performances, the W's are doing fine (with the exception of FT's). What is the other huge problem is team defense (including rotating over to open 3pt shooters). We need to improve our D, which is an area Jax can contribute in once he gets back.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:50 pm
JayPat wrote:
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:

In terms of individual performances, the W's are doing fine (with the exception of FT's). What is the other huge problem is team defense (including rotating over to open 3pt shooters). We need to improve our D, which is an area Jax can contribute in once he gets back.

FTs are still a demon for the team and one they must really overcome once and for all. They are "free" throws, it should not be that hard

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:36 am
JayPat wrote:What is the other huge problem is team defense (including rotating over to open 3pt shooters). We need to improve our D, which is an area Jax can contribute in once he gets back.

thats why i dont like sticking with the zone for so long. thats the only defense we are running while barnes is in. given, its the only defense he's successful in...doesnt mean we should stick with it. stick with the zone for too long and teams wil find a way to break it. celveland put in two three point shooters (jones and gibson). gibson tore us up every time down. dallas is a good shooting team. am i suprised that terry and dirk beat us with stack twisting the dagger? hell no im not. dont get me wrong...the zone works...but only for so long.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Previous

Return to Game Threads