YES
81%
NO
19%

Total votes : 16

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:46 pm
that 3 was exactly like the boobie three. same exact spot almost.

bottom line is that we miss too many free throws. i think we missed 12. thats inexcusable. no playoff team misses that many.

jax will help but we contained dirk pretty well overall.

it was the best loss of the season and a good game. were close to our old form. i liked how azu looked. harrington is becoming super solid. monta needs a little more work but hes on his way. id like to see marco more.

and after all our mistakes. we still had a chance to tie it at the end. bd just missed a wide open three.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:17 am
d1mex wrote:that 3 was exactly like the boobie three. same exact spot almost.

bottom line is that we miss too many free throws. i think we missed 12. thats inexcusable. no playoff team misses that many.

it was the best loss of the season and a good game. were close to our old form. i liked how azu looked. harrington is becoming super solid. monta needs a little more work but hes on his way. id like to see marco more.

and after all our mistakes. we still had a chance to tie it at the end. bd just missed a wide open three.

Pretty much it. Baron wide open, strange that he missed it but he had a super game anyway. The last two losses were well played so the team looks like they are coming back to form.

Azu looks great and he certainly is making things in the backcourt alot easier, full credit to him and he deserves the starting SG spot right now.

Why did Nelson only use 6 players???? He should have at least used another two guys

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:22 am
migya wrote:

Pretty much it. Baron wide open, strange that he missed it but he had a super game anyway. The last two losses were well played so the team looks like they are coming back to form.

Azu looks great and he certainly is making things in the backcourt alot easier, full credit to him and he deserves the starting SG spot right now.

Why did Nelson only use 6 players???? He should have at least used another two guys

Well, Pietrus had the flu, Wright is a rookie. Lasme=no chance of getting in. POB was in the game for a second and so was Marco.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:21 am
d1mex wrote:
migya wrote:

Well, Pietrus had the flu, Wright is a rookie. Lasme=no chance of getting in. POB was in the game for a second and so was Marco.

I see that as a problem as Belinelli and BWright need court time for sure. The Mavs have relative unknowns, like Bass, getting the time and playing well

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:55 am
are the warriors reading this? Practice your freethrows!!! Damn you are professional players spend sometime practicing freethrows. :banghead:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:21 am
gswbayarea wrote:are the warriors reading this? Practice your freethrows!!! Damn you are professional players spend sometime practicing freethrows. :banghead:

Welcome :)

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:26 am
migya wrote:
gswbayarea wrote:are the warriors reading this? Practice your freethrows!!! Damn you are professional players spend sometime practicing freethrows. :banghead:

:mrgreen:

Welcome, buddy. :hello2:

Two keys to the game, and sadly the two keys we already know:

1.- Rebounding. Dallas ain't exactly a rebounding force in the league, but still beat us by 11.

2.- Free throws. A 53.3%?. For real?. Who can win shooting so bad from the line?

I'm not gonna focus on any specific play because they do not matter. If we grabe 5 more boards and shoot around 70% from the line, we win the game. As simple as that.

One of the things I agree with is that we have to play more guys. It was basically a 6 man rotation, and we should be playing 9 guys in our rotation. Granted, we had several out, but Belinelli or POB should have been able to help more.

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:04 am
I know I am preaching to the choir when I say this free throw shooting was the difference in last night's game. I just do not understand how a professional basketball team shoots 16 of 30 for a game. Makes no sense to me.

Overall, I think the Warriors played their best game of the season last night outside of free throw shooting. Baron played extremely well as did Azubuike. While Kelenna may not be Jason Richardson, he is doing a great job picking up the scoring slack and rebounding well too.

The Warriors still gave up a lot of points but I thought their defense was better than it has been. We did give up some second chance points on some easy offensive rebound putbacks which was unfortunate.

I am not panicking with this team. When Stephen Jackson comes back and adds a bit more fire to the team in all areas, I think we will be okay. The problem is that the Western Conference is once again loaded and digging any deeper of a hole will be tough to dig out of in terms of the playoff race.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:35 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

:mrgreen:

Welcome, buddy. :hello2:

Two keys to the game, and sadly the two keys we already know:

1.- Rebounding. Dallas ain't exactly a rebounding force in the league, but still beat us by 11.

2.- Free throws. A 53.3%?. For real?. Who can win shooting so bad from the line?

I'm not gonna focus on any specific play because they do not matter. If we grabe 5 more boards and shoot around 70% from the line, we win the game. As simple as that.

One of the things I agree with is that we have to play more guys. It was basically a 6 man rotation, and we should be playing 9 guys in our rotation. Granted, we had several out, but Belinelli or POB should have been able to help more.

That last rebound was very grabable. We had like 3 guys surrounding the rim yet Baas still gets it.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:40 am
the dubs got into the bonus in the 4th pretty early, but i was telling myself , it's not gonna mean ****

16/30 at the line = yeah ****ing right

good luck to the team trying to be successful with that continuing
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:51 am
I think Special K has shown the league that J-Rich was expendable. He threw it down like J-Rich, shot 3s like J-Rich, and even missed free throws like J-Rich :mrgreen:
Thunder wrote:Harrington out 2 weeks with bad attitude.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:16 pm
Buk, great game, BD great game, I said it of the Cavs game FREETHROWS will kill us this year. I am optimistic though.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:27 pm
If there was a definition of a promising loss: it was this.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:07 pm
Can we just play the Mavs everygame this year?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:44 pm
Hoonyo wrote:I think Special K has shown the league that J-Rich was expendable. He threw it down like J-Rich, shot 3s like J-Rich, and even missed free throws like J-Rich :mrgreen:

He has been the biggest surprise and second best player so far. Without him playing the way he has, things would look much worse

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads