Game Thread: Cleveland Cavaliers @ Warriors 2007-11-06

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors defend homecourt against the Cavs?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:01 pm

YES
75%
NO
25%

Total votes : 12

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:16 pm
Nice to see Brandan Wright getting some playing time out there. Couple nice defensive plays so far. A block and changed a couple shots. I like him out there as a defensive stopper. Yet to see his offensive game, though.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:25 pm
Monta has gone off in this game. Barnes, as well.

I think it is kind of wierd that Marco has not gotten any playing time at all tonight. :|
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:49 pm
It's crunch time! This is winnable, we need it.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:00 pm
Damn, I thought we were going to pull that off. At least they were close and showed an effort that they didnt show in the previous three games. They really need Jack back.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:07 pm
****!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:07 pm
F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:15 pm
0-4. Great effort, close game but still, 0-4.

Monta finally had a good game and seemed like most of the guys played well but just not enough. The team has to step up in order to get out of this hole and I think it really starts with defense.

Azu fell down to Earth and good to see Harrington get rhythm, especially at the start of the fourth quarter.

Nelson has got to find out what it will take to turn this around but right now, disappointing

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:33 pm
gibson and jones killed our zone. 3 defenders on lebron on that one...lebron is good, but 2 defenders shoulda been enough. for the zone to work, you cant take your eyes off of anyone. when you're playing man you can feel where your man is.

other than that last second break down it was a well played game. nice to see barnes coming out of his hole, good seeing them run plays to get biedrins into an offensive rhythm, i like how harrington is still beasting the boards...that is going to be key for us this year. i also like that POB is getting time that isnt garbage time...give him some real experience. i also like that nelson is slowly tryin to get wright some experience as well. i see nothing but good signs going into thursday's matchup vs the mavs. the mavs are gonna come to play so i hope our team is ready for another hard grinder.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:13 am
it is odd that belinelli is riding the pine, considering how high Nelson was on him. they basically played 7 guys...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:34 am
:cry:
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:37 am
migya wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
Warriors Biggest fan wrote:warrriors lose by 30. they suck bad. probably worst team in nba. wnba teams can outrebound these chumps.

I think this is Don Nelson. :wink:

Or a troll... :evil:

Certainly sounds like it. Was this guy banned because I don't know if you are able to post as a guest, I'm pretty sure only members can post

Yeah, Hobbes banned his old account and he came back under a new username. That's fixed, too. His IPs have been banned, so he shouldn't be back.

About the game, I'm not too disappointed. It was our best game of the year. Did a good effort on the boards, beating the Cavs 47-43 and recovered some players that were MIA in the first games, like Monta and Barnes. It would have been nice to see more of Wright and the rest of the young guys, but we lost due to a big game by one of the biggest stars of the league. That sh*t happens. The good news is that not every team has a Lebron, so things will improve from now on.

As for the last play, I agree with EMan. 3 men were a bit too much. That allowed Lebron to find an open teammate for the pass to Gibson.

In all, it's an encouraging game. Hopefully the Mavs will be our first win.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:56 am
coltraning wrote:it is odd that belinelli is riding the pine, considering how high Nelson was on him. they basically played 7 guys...

I don't know why Nelson doesn't use the deep roster he has. Belinelli hasn't even had a real opportunity, what's the point in great preseason performances if it doesn't get you real time in regular season games! Very strange. Also, what's up with Croshere? I read ge was out for a week or something, why is that?

I point the finger at Nelson's coaching more than anything else right now. Last game was good but the other games, he should have worked it better. He has to find what makes some of the players click because there doesn't seem to be more than three or four guys playing well in any same game

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:27 am
For the first time this season I cannot fault the effort or committment of this team for the loss last night. Unfortunately, effort alone was not enough to get that all important first win.

After sleeping a few hours after the game and thinking about it a bit, I am still baffled as to why Nellie had the Warriors defending the Cavs last important possession in a zone. And on top of that, why on Earth would they leave Gibson alone for a three. The Warriors have a team of athletes that can and should be able to guard teams man-to-man. I know Lebron is going to command a double team most of the night, but to leave Gibson open playing a zone defense with slow rotations is just unacceptable to me. It is not as though this was the first time all night he had hit a three. That was his fifth. You would think the Warriors would get the picture that if Lebron does not take the shot, he will find Gibson for a shot of his own from outside the arc. The Warriors should NOT have been playing zone. I do not get that at all.

Monta was good tonight and provided a big spark in the second quarter. Biedrins chipped in tonight as well and had a nice game. Having those two play well will surely help this team pick up some wins.

What I have noticed this season is that the Warriors do a good job of fighting back in games after being down. They have done it most every game. Unfortunately, once they are back tied or leading by one, they seem to fall apart. They somehow need to find a way to not just catch teams, but catch teams and blow past them and take a commanding lead. They seem to allow teams to stay in games by taking ill advised shots or letting the opponent get an offensive board or something that leads to another possession. That has to change.

Lastly, there seems to be too much one-on-one stuff going on with this team. It is as though one guy gets the ball and everyone else stands around and watches that player make a move and take a shot. There is little to no movement on this team and that needs to be addressed. If you watch the Suns they are always moving and getting easy shots created by their off the ball movement. The Warriors could learn a thing or two watching them play. Until this team learns to move a little bit without the ball and stops standing around they will continue to lose games.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:34 am
ChicagoTom wrote:For the first time this season I cannot fault the effort or committment of this team for the loss last night. Unfortunately, effort alone was not enough to get that all important first win.

After sleeping a few hours after the game and thinking about it a bit, I am still baffled as to why Nellie had the Warriors defending the Cavs last important possession in a zone. And on top of that, why on Earth would they leave Gibson alone for a three. The Warriors have a team of athletes that can and should be able to guard teams man-to-man. I know Lebron is going to command a double team most of the night, but to leave Gibson open playing a zone defense with slow rotations is just unacceptable to me. It is not as though this was the first time all night he had hit a three. That was his fifth. You would think the Warriors would get the picture that if Lebron does not take the shot, he will find Gibson for a shot of his own from outside the arc. The Warriors should NOT have been playing zone. I do not get that at all.

Monta was good tonight and provided a big spark in the second quarter. Biedrins chipped in tonight as well and had a nice game. Having those two play well will surely help this team pick up some wins.

What I have noticed this season is that the Warriors do a good job of fighting back in games after being down. They have done it most every game. Unfortunately, once they are back tied or leading by one, they seem to fall apart. They somehow need to find a way to not just catch teams, but catch teams and blow past them and take a commanding lead. They seem to allow teams to stay in games by taking ill advised shots or letting the opponent get an offensive board or something that leads to another possession. That has to change.

Lastly, there seems to be too much one-on-one stuff going on with this team. It is as though one guy gets the ball and everyone else stands around and watches that player make a move and take a shot. There is little to no movement on this team and that needs to be addressed. If you watch the Suns they are always moving and getting easy shots created by their off the ball movement. The Warriors could learn a thing or two watching them play. Until this team learns to move a little bit without the ball and stops standing around they will continue to lose games.

Beautiful explanation :D

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:33 am
migya wrote:
ChicagoTom wrote:For the first time this season I cannot fault the effort or committment of this team for the loss last night. Unfortunately, effort alone was not enough to get that all important first win.

Beautiful explanation :D

I agree. I was at the game, and aside from the awesome Harrington stuff on Lebron, nothing was incredible.

I did get Belinelli's autograph. I saw Mistah FAB and shook his hand. Phill Hellmuth was there too.

I went through the courtside club and they said we had to go, so me and my boy were like alright. Then we walking out my boy spots Marco and I got that fool. He was with his Italian buddies and BEAUTIFUL girlfriend. WOW.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads