Game Thread: Cleveland Cavaliers @ Warriors 2007-11-06

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors defend homecourt against the Cavs?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:01 pm

YES
75%
NO
25%

Total votes : 12

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:24 pm
32 wrote:If Nelson DOESN'T start Pietrus, it should be an easy win.

Anybody else think that a BIG lineup might cause a nice mismatch game, too...? Who else enjoyed seeing O'Bryant and Biedrins on the floor together? Hows this lineup sound...

PG - Baron Davis
SG - Stephen Jackson
SF - Al Harrington
PF - Andris Biedrins
C - Patrick O'Bryant

Until SJax gets back, we can use Pietrus or Barnes at the SG spot. But it sure seems like THAT lineup could rebound without losing much speed...

I wouldn't mind seeing it but many of our best games last year was won through never having more than one non outside-shooter on the floor at the time. Often none.

POB has more range than Andris but I don't really want to see him shoot jumpers just yet. The ones he's taken hasn't looked that smooth. I definitely would like to see him getting decent amounts of minutes. I have a good feeling about that kid.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:20 pm
I have seen POB shoot twice this season...

both hook shots, both nothing but net. I don't see what we cant dump it in to him 3-4 times a game in the post and let him hook it in...

However, the three games I saw, Jazz were on FIRE... Kaman should have been stopped by a big but that was a mistake. But Cutino hitting a fall away bank shot, that is high degree difficulty, and AK, Okur, D-Will shoointg 60%+ on jump shot... its hard to defend...

Nevertheless, I anticipate a NEW line up again tonight...
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:45 pm
Anyone else going to the game?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:47 pm
I am. I'll be going to the majority of our home games... 38 out of 41 to be exact. My uncle is taking me with him with him because he has season tickets so yeah...

What section will you be in?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:35 pm
~W~ wrote:
Hoonyo wrote:Start AB AND Wright? Do we want to be in the penalty in less than two minutes?

Out of curiosity what makes you believe we would be in the penalty in 2 minutes? Have they played once together to give that impression? :banghead: I mean we have Petruis, Monta, Barnes at the same time out there... AKA turnover CITY.

Dre is still foul prone. Wright hasn't played in a real game yet. I imagine Drew Gooden drawing early fouls because he ALWAYS seems to play well when he's back home.
Thunder wrote:Harrington out 2 weeks with bad attitude.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:26 pm
Ill be there tonight, cant wait both these teams are struggling, but I think the Ws at home have the advantage, and why is that Jazz fan still even commenting, this is a WARRIORS fan site dude...
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:13 pm
I'm optimistic about this one. Cavs are not a running team, and can't be if they expect Z to play. Warriors have some rest after the horrid first road trip. Coming back home. Lineup change (one of many for the year I am sure.)

Hopefully, we will see a much more determined W's squad with this game, and a (figures crossed) much improved defensive effort. Limit Hughes and Gooden, and things shoudl go our way.

W's by 6.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:22 pm
Warriors Biggest fan wrote:warrriors lose by 30. they suck bad. probably worst team in nba. wnba teams can outrebound these chumps.

I think this is Don Nelson. :wink:

Or a troll... :evil:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:14 pm
Warriors Biggest fan wrote:warrriors lose by 30.

Kind of how Utah has been playing this year, no?

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:32 pm
Hoonyo wrote:
~W~ wrote:
Hoonyo wrote:Start AB AND Wright? Do we want to be in the penalty in less than two minutes?

Out of curiosity what makes you believe we would be in the penalty in 2 minutes? Have they played once together to give that impression? :banghead: I mean we have Petruis, Monta, Barnes at the same time out there... AKA turnover CITY.

Dre is still foul prone. Wright hasn't played in a real game yet. I imagine Drew Gooden drawing early fouls because he ALWAYS seems to play well when he's back home.

I think that given time, they will both adjust. You can teach a lot of things but you can't teach height and length.... :banghead:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:09 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:
Warriors Biggest fan wrote:warrriors lose by 30. they suck bad. probably worst team in nba. wnba teams can outrebound these chumps.

Certainly sounds like it. Was this guy banned because I don't know if you are able to post as a guest, I'm pretty sure only members can post

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:10 pm
migya wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:

Certainly sounds like it. Was this guy banned because I don't know if you are able to post as a guest, I'm pretty sure only members can post

Yeah, it's Deron Williams.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:30 pm
Stephane Lasme is activated for tonights game. He was out there shooting in the warm-ups. Get him in the game!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:10 pm
Sh*t, Warriors. Terrible game so far. No effort on the defensive side; turnovers on offense; not a good job rebounding. Not going to win like that. Baron is trying to do everything.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:45 pm
Warriors tied at the half, but I think we have momentum going into the 2nd half. We still can win this. Monta and Baron have been pretty good so far.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads