Game Thread: Warriors @ Utah Jazz 2007-11-03

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors start small against the Jazz?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:10 pm

YES
86%
NO
14%

Total votes : 7

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:42 pm
deronwilliams,you are such a loser. warriors are a better team than last year, this is a fact - if you deny that, it means you have a short basket IQ. you will see them in the playoffs, don't worry....
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:45 pm
mattiri wrote:deronwilliams,you are such a loser. warriors are a better team than last year, this is a fact - if you deny that, it means you have a short basket IQ. you will see them in the playoffs, don't worry....
they are better than last year?!?!?!?! THAT IS A FACT?!!?!? and what do you have to base this on? their 0-3 start? the fact that utah blew them out by 20+ both games. or the fact that you made Kaman look like an all star yesterday?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:42 pm
Another loss. The team seemingly played better but they were behind all the way and got beaten at the end instead of being the other way around. Harrington was amazing but imagine had he only shot 50% and not 75%? Would have been worse even.

Monta just not clicking, same with Belinelli. Just not enough from more than one or two player a game right now and that doesn't work. Baron got spanked by Deron this game and I never thought that would happen. Deron really has arrived after a strangely crap rookie season and looks the real deal

migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:48 pm
deronwilliams wrote:
mattiri wrote:deronwilliams,you are such a loser. warriors are a better team than last year, this is a fact - if you deny that, it means you have a short basket IQ. you will see them in the playoffs, don't worry....
they are better than last year?!?!?!?! THAT IS A FACT?!!?!? and what do you have to base this on? their 0-3 start? the fact that utah blew them out by 20+ both games. or the fact that you made Kaman look like an all star yesterday?

you are basing the entire season based on 3 games without one of our key players??? wow... :banghead: Don't get me wrong you guys have one of the better coach, pg, and pf but to go OUT on a limb and say we won't make the playoffs is naive... unless you know something i don't anything can happen especially early in the season. I would hate to see Deron williams or Boozer out for 7 games and see what happens...
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:01 am
hahahaha...some people are stupid enough to judge the team by 3 game losing....look at Bulls they are 3 game lost too, u want to say they will not make it to playoff or garbage team....that's funny...the league just starting and nobody know what will happen.Jazz also one of the possibility teams that can't make playoff...coz if one of the key players injure; they gone and doomed.But i can't said that..why...i don't know the future.
I have a wise words 'Be silence;noone would thought u are mute' :wink:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:52 am
Another awful loss. I mean, 133 points allowed?. We improved on the boards (beaten 38-30, I can live with that), but the D cannot allow 0.750 from 3pt and .630 from the field. Nobody can win with the rivals scoring so easily.

Not everything is bad, tho. Al had a monster game, Azu keeps playing well and once S-Jax comes back, I expect a big improvement (I consider him as our second best player, after Baron).

The way I see it, this should be our lineup once he comes back:

PG.- Baron
SG.- Azu
SF.- S-Jax
PF.- Harrington
C.- Beans

That's an extremely competitive team that will suffer against the top teams in the west but that should be able to win against most rivals and secure a playoff spot. 0-3 means nothing at this point. Chicago is also 0-3 and nobody is panicking there.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:08 am
Nice point William that Bulls are also 0-3

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:25 am
The first three games of the season have been awfully disappointing. While the fact that the Warriors lost all three games hurts, it is the way in which they have lost that is bothersome.

This team has not played with any fire or sense of urgency yet this season. They seem to be going through the motions and that is evident when they are continuosly outrebounded and outworked go for boards and loose balls and when they just don't play a lick of defense against the opponent.

As others have pointed out in this and other threads, if the Warriors are playing like the way they are now, they need to shoot very high percentages of shots to be close let alone win. Unfortunately, they are not shooting well, defending well or rebounding well so in turn they are getting blown out.

I can live with losses, but not the way they are losing right now. The Warriors end of the season run, including the playoffs was based on defense and rebounding. I do believe this team sorely misses Stephen Jackson and his presence will help this team, but we are going to need more than Jackson to get this team going in the right direction.

I am not waiving the white towel as it is a long season, but I was hoping and expecting a better start and better effort out of the gate. I am hoping things change for the better sooner rather than later.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:09 am
~W~ wrote:
deronwilliams wrote:

you are basing the entire season based on 3 games without one of our key players??? wow... :banghead: Don't get me wrong you guys have one of the better coach, pg, and pf but to go OUT on a limb and say we won't make the playoffs is naive... unless you know something i don't anything can happen especially early in the season. I would hate to see Deron williams or Boozer out for 7 games and see what happens...
i was NOT the one who said the warriors ARE better than last year. that was mattiri who said that. I just found that statement ridiculous because not only are they winless but they have been blown out twice and look like one of the worst teams in the league yet mattiri says they are BETTER than the warriors of last year...

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:56 pm
deronwilliams wrote:
~W~ wrote:
deronwilliams wrote:

i was NOT the one who said the warriors ARE better than last year. that was mattiri who said that. I just found that statement ridiculous because not only are they winless but they have been blown out twice and look like one of the worst teams in the league yet mattiri says they are BETTER than the warriors of last year...

With respect to mattirni we really dont know if we are or worse until we are playing with our entire squad. However, to suggest we won't make the playoffs based on the first 3 games is considered to be a blanket statement that should be reconsidered. Thats all I'm saying...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:57 pm
~W~ wrote:
deronwilliams wrote:
~W~ wrote:
deronwilliams wrote:

With respect to mattirni we really dont know if we are or worse until we are playing with our entire squad. However, to suggest we won't make the playoffs based on the first 3 games is considered to be a blanket statement that should be reconsidered. Thats all I'm saying...
yeah ur right, it is a very long season and you guys can turn it around just like you did towards the end of last year. I was just basing my opinion on watchign them play these last 3 games...

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:17 pm
deronwilliams wrote:
~W~ wrote:
deronwilliams wrote:
~W~ wrote:
deronwilliams wrote:

yeah ur right, it is a very long season and you guys can turn it around just like you did towards the end of last year. I was just basing my opinion on watchign them play these last 3 games...

Hey, no worries... It like the Lakers they started off hot last year like they are this year, and then everything cooled off..
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:42 pm
Yeah, remember that the Warriors lost their season opener last season but they made the playoffs. If anyone wants the base the season on the first few games, I'll base our season on the fact we lost our season opener this year so that means we're going to the playoffs.

C'mon guys, be real. Let's judge 'em after the all-star break where everyone is playing.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Previous

Return to Game Threads