Game Thread: Warriors @ Los Angeles Clippers 2007-11-02

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors bounce back and get a road win?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:16 pm

YES
17
94%
NO
1
6%
 
Total votes : 18

User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:01 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:15 pm
Seriously was it just me or did Baron play no defense tonight. It's hard to ever criticize Baron but come on he got dominated by Cuttion "freaking" Mobley, only one of those shots he made was good d by Baron, all the rest was a result of lazy defense.
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 772
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:21 am
Location: SOCAL
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:16 pm
My problem with Mullin this offseason is that so many teams in the West (including LAC) appeared to get better.

I don't think the same can be said about the W's. Mullin did not addres GSW's weaknesses and that really concerns me...

Its early, but its absolutely clear we just will not beat teams that have above avg. play on the inside.

Andris needs to be agressive and maybe needs to workout with Barry Bonds (if you know what I mean) :mrgreen:

We need toughness and drive in the middle and there is not a single person on the roster that can provide it, not one... :evil:
This season is not a flop.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:29 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:34 pm
i hope people realized that Sjax was a key component to our team success last year and we are without him right now. So KEEP that in mind...
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:59 pm
Location: oakland
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:41 pm
that's the problem....we can't rely on one player to be the key player...we need all 5 players on the floor is key player.
We are the worst team on rebounding category... :(
I hope this game play only for temporary....we need to do something. :|
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:59 pm
Great game by AZ. But obviously, we sorely miss Jax (especially his D), and we’ll definitely struggle the first 7 games. And we’re just getting pummeled on the boards: the Jazz game 56 – 37; Tonight: 53 – 36. This is no accident and will continue if we keep this lineup and not have the right subs to compete. I would have tested Lasme in there because he’s a bruiser/scrapper and a solid rebounder who would have helped out Dre who was getting pinballed around. We’re just completely outgunned in that department, which is so critical. And starting Pietrus is just pure stupidity.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21377
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:02 am
Can't believe the team lost this game. It really is looking bad and if it doesn't turn around soon the team will not only not make the playoffs but be struggling to get 35 wins. Biedrins looking the worst so far in the two games this season and tonight he got smashed by Kaman, who is no offensive champion. Croshere wasn't there, why is that? Without him and not playing BWright, no way the team can hope to outrebound the opposition, just not going to happen. Monta also not doing much. Azu right now looks like the definate starting SG and Monta should have to earn that spot right now. The stats don't show O'bryant doing much but with what most of you are saying, he played well and so he should have played more in place of Biedrins.

Just real disappointing and this almost had to be a win
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:27 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am
We should have won tonight or at least have lost it by a point or two. I mean the Clippers are garbage right now but they looked really good against us. Just imagine if we loose BD or SJax to injury, right now this team will not survive one bit. So hopefully someone can step up, the only one that looks to be doing that is Buike, I think he needs more confidence in him to start being a leader on the team, like what Jrich brought.
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:58 am
migya wrote:Can't believe the team lost this game.


I can. It's the same 'ol story, after all. Outrebounded 53-36. There's the game. Until we learn how to not get outrebounded by more than 10 boards, we'll have trouble winning a single game. Even Kaman had a career day against us. 26 and 18??? Those were Shaq's numbers in his prime...

As someone said in another thread, there are three keys to run:

1.- Defense.
2.- Secure the Boards.
3.- Run itself.

We're doing just one of those things. We can't win that way. If needed, as someone else said before in this thread, Beans and POB have to play together.

On the bright side, Azu looks great and Baron is still Baron. Other than that, pretty disappointing start of the season. I kinda expected the Jazz win, but not to lose against the Clips, who are not a good team without Brand.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21377
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:40 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Can't believe the team lost this game.


I can. It's the same 'ol story, after all. Outrebounded 53-36. There's the game. Until we learn how to not get outrebounded by more than 10 boards, we'll have trouble winning a single game.



That's just it, the team should not have gotten outrebounded by the Clips! Biedrins should be able to outdo Kaman and Harrington anyone of the Clipper's players inside. Very bad loss
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:29 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:37 pm
GSW United wrote:that's the problem....we can't rely on one player to be the key player...we need all 5 players on the floor is key player.
We are the worst team on rebounding category... :(
I hope this game play only for temporary....we need to do something. :|


thats the problem? u telling me that sjax wouldnt have made a diference in any of the two games? i never said he was the only key player but many would agree he is one of our key players....

anyways, the shots cutino made at the end is as tough as it gets and there is nothing we can do. wish monta comes off the bench instead of starting because barnes, hudson, and etc other than harrington aint gving us muc help
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:03 pm
This team is built to win when they're on fire. They ain't gonna win if they're not rebounding, turning it over, and shooting at 38-40%. They have to be firing from all cylinders to win. When SJax comes back, I think that'll change a bit more. But it'll still be somewhat the same.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:42 pm
warriors have to be lights out from 3 to win....they will get outrebounded by any team in the league the way they play...
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21377
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:30 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:This team is built to win when they're on fire. They ain't gonna win if they're not rebounding, turning it over, and shooting at 38-40%. They have to be firing from all cylinders to win. When SJax comes back, I think that'll change a bit more. But it'll still be somewhat the same.



That goes for all teams mate :wink:
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:34 pm
migya wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:This team is built to win when they're on fire. They ain't gonna win if they're not rebounding, turning it over, and shooting at 38-40%. They have to be firing from all cylinders to win. When SJax comes back, I think that'll change a bit more. But it'll still be somewhat the same.



That goes for all teams mate :wink:


What I meant was that they won't win unless they're shooting high percentages. A team like the Spurs can shoot 38-40% and rebound below their average but still have a chance to win even though it would be close. This team was built to win on high percentages. They're not going to get it done shooting poorly from the three. That's their game. Shoot the ball ASAP.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21377
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:02 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:
migya wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:This team is built to win when they're on fire. They ain't gonna win if they're not rebounding, turning it over, and shooting at 38-40%. They have to be firing from all cylinders to win. When SJax comes back, I think that'll change a bit more. But it'll still be somewhat the same.



That goes for all teams mate :wink:


What I meant was that they won't win unless they're shooting high percentages. A team like the Spurs can shoot 38-40% and rebound below their average but still have a chance to win even though it would be close. This team was built to win on high percentages. They're not going to get it done shooting poorly from the three. That's their game. Shoot the ball ASAP.



In other words, our team can't defend that well and needs to out gun the opposition
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron