Game Thread: Warriors @ Los Angeles Clippers 2007-11-02

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors bounce back and get a road win?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:16 pm

YES
94%
NO
6%

Total votes : 18

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Marco can shoot it and he'll have to when the team is getting smashed like they were against Utah because the three point shot is one of the team's best weapons

Yeah, but at times seems like we abuse it. It's been happening for the last few years. Even when the shots ain't falling, we keep shooting... I know it's the nature of this team, but that won't make you win big. That's why we need some scoring inside.

But we have no inside scoring so it's take it to the basket, run and gun or shoot threes

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:18 am
migya wrote:But we have no inside scoring so it's take it to the basket, run and gun or shoot threes

Yeah, I'm not saying we have many more options. Just that, with that way of playing, this team is just a borderline playoff team. And will be until someone develops that scoring ability inside.

In other words, we'll be able to win against most teams, but don't stand a chance against the Spurs, Jazz or Suns, to name a few.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:21 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:But we have no inside scoring so it's take it to the basket, run and gun or shoot threes

Yeah, I'm not saying we have many more options. Just that, with that way of playing, this team is just a borderline playoff team. And will be until someone develops that scoring ability inside.

In other words, we'll be able to win against most teams, but don't stand a chance against the Spurs, Jazz or Suns, to name a few.

The team went on the late season run playing like I said

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:58 am
Dubs by 8.

Nellie is still palying around with the lineup, both starting and off the bench. And expect him to do so the whole year.

Pietrus can play PF, if and when the Dubs play zone or are rotating over to help--much like last year when Harrington was playing center against the Mavs and Rockets. He had lots of help.

More Bellinelli now, with Jack out, to see if the kid really has the stroke.

How bout more Azu. He looked pretty good the other night on offense. And I have to imagine he'll hustle on defense to get more minutes.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:01 pm
Dubs by over 10. And Harrington definitely should start.

I agree with more Belly, and I want to see B-Wright suit-up and in there, too. He’ll contribute and also begin to develop.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:28 am
i really think this game is a prime example of why we need to be developing brendan wright. i have no idea why he wasnt suited for game one, did anyone see this kid play in college? all last year he was right behind durant and oden in the rankings. he's got as much potential as ellis and beans, if not, maybe more. has anyone seen this guy? he's long as hell. and long = good in the nba. just look at what all the suns said about durant

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:15 pm
The Warriors should win this game. The Clippers are without Brand and he was a huge part of that team. With him down the scoring load rests squarely on the shoulders of Corey Magette.

That being said, without a dominant big man in the post, the Warriors should be able to run up and down and stay out of the half court sets that opponents try to force them into.

The one thing I am worried about is playing on the road. I hope the first game tonight will show that the Warriors are ready for a change of fortunes on their travels this season. Let's get win #1 tonight. I fully expect to see the Warriors win by about 8.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:46 pm
We should Murder these guys Warriors by 15. Monster game for Baron and Monta.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:10 pm
well...W's have to win this game coz we'll play Jazz again tomorrow night...geeez what a crazy schedule we had plus without 'crazy' jax.
wish monta have a big night..... :D and boost my fantasy team...
hehehehe...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:00 pm
I need Biedrins to do something for me tonight.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:19 pm
After this first quarter, just a tough game so far. Offense is doing okay, but the defense doesnt look like they can make a stop. Glad to see Marco getting some time, but I wish they would have activated someone for Croshere, who is gone for a week.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:25 pm
time to put in POB and Wright... LETS GO NELLIE!@!@!

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:51 pm
THANK GOD POB was in!!! I see potential already!!! Lets go W
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:51 pm
Good call. O'Bryant played pretty well in his limited time. Nice to see him get in there. Good defense, blocked a nice shot, and would be nice to see him develop an offensive game. I dont even think Wright is activated for today's game.

Nice run by the Warriors. Monta went off, Harrington started playing well, and Baron played like Baron. Azubuike also had a couple nice plays. Defense creates offense.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:02 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Good call. O'Bryant played pretty well in his limited time. Nice to see him get in there. Good defense, blocked a nice shot, and would be nice to see him develop an offensive game. I dont even think Wright is activated for today's game.

Nice run by the Warriors. Monta went off, Harrington started playing well, and Baron played like Baron. Azubuike also had a couple nice plays. Defense creates offense.

I think for the first time this season, you can tell the warriors are playing like the warriors....

Lasme is dressed NOT wright... believe it or not, our second unit is why we are back in the game
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads