Game Thread: Utah Jazz @ Warriors 2007-10-30

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Do you still believe?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:13 am

YES
24
96%
NO
1
4%
 
Total votes : 25


Rookie
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 2:02 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:14 am
32 wrote:You're right. AK was swatting all kinds of shots in the playoffs. But too bad the only time you'll find him in a highlight reel is getting a dirty tampon slammed down his throat by Baron Davis. You should be thanking the Golden State franchise for making your boy famous.


I find it hilarious you morons think that the highlight reel is more important than the final score - or the outcome of a playoff series.

Thank you, Baron Davis, for making AK famous by dunking on him during the only game out of five you were able to win.

Also, I think it's very likely that "32" is quite familiar with dirty tampons.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:35 am
UtahSheetFan wrote:
32 wrote:You're right. AK was swatting all kinds of shots in the playoffs. But too bad the only time you'll find him in a highlight reel is getting a dirty tampon slammed down his throat by Baron Davis. You should be thanking the Golden State franchise for making your boy famous.


I find it hilarious you morons think that the highlight reel is more important than the final score - or the outcome of a playoff series.

Thank you, Baron Davis, for making AK famous by dunking on him during the only game out of five you were able to win.

Also, I think it's very likely that "32" is quite familiar with dirty tampons.
hahahaahha yeah, i came in and posted nothing offensive and 32 just goes off on the jazz so this message is directed solely for 32 and the rest of you can cover ur eyes and not read this....

the warriors love living in the past. they dont care that they lost the playoff series last year 4-1, they dont care that they got manhandled at home and lost by 21 despite being favorites by 3.5. they dont even care about winning or losing. they only care that baron gets his points and assists and a filthy jam once in a blue moon. there were about 20000 posters of baron dunking on AK on opening night...do they remember that they lost that series? or is that all they have left, just that one jam? and 32 mentioned stephen jackson being the difference maker and with him they probably would have won. 32, do you remember the playoffs when jackson could barely get off a shot? i think AK blocked him about 30 times in that series. the last game he went like 3-15. he is the reason why you guys lost???? tell him not to shoot up a strip club at 3 am so he wont get suspended again. you guys did not shoot uncharacteristically in that game vs utah. those are 3 pt shots...you make some, and you miss most. that is usually how it works in the nba. the warriors run last year was a fluke. they were launching 3 pt shots from all over the court last year and hitting all of them. well all that stopped once they ran into utah. you miss that 3 pt shot and you wont get another opportunity because the jazz grab every single board. amazing how the warriors make the playoffs once in the last 16 years then you get fans like 32 going off like they are a top tier team...
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:47 am
Em... I don't like to get into this petty fights, but I'll do an exception this time because, if not, I'm afraid it will escalate into something bigger.

This is a Warriors board. Not a Jazz board, not a NBA board. Strictly a Warriors board. If you expect non-biased fans, you should look for them in other sites. Some of us try to stay more close to earth, some of us are more enthusiastic about our team. But we're all Warrior fans.

With that said, if you come here to talk trash after a game, you may get a few irritated answers. That's normal. I'd expect the same to happen if we win at Utah and some of our members decide to go to Jazzfans to talk sh*t after the game.



What I'm trying to say is this: fans of other teams are welcome into this board, but keep in mind this is a Warriors board. If these discussions get out of control and become personal fights, we'll have to ban some people. We were forced to do it during the series with the Jazz and will do it again if necessary. And if I have to choose between one of our own, like 32, and fans of other teams, the pick is clear.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:50 am
TMC wrote:Em... I don't like to get into this petty fights, but I'll do an exception this time because, if not, I'm afraid it will escalate into something bigger.

This is a Warriors board. Not a Jazz board, not a NBA board. Strictly a Warriors board. If you expect non-biased fans, you should look for them in other sites. Some of us try to stay more close to earth, some of us are more enthusiastic about our team. But we're all Warrior fans.

With that said, if you come here to talk trash after a game, you may get a few irritated answers. That's normal. I'd expect the same to happen if we win at Utah and some of our members decide to go to Jazzfans to talk sh*t after the game.



What I'm trying to say is this: fans of other teams are welcome into this board, but keep in mind this is a Warriors board. If these discussions get out of control and become personal fights, we'll have to ban some people. We were forced to do it during the series with the Jazz and will do it again if necessary. And if I have to choose between one of our own, like 32, and fans of other teams, the pick is clear.
yes i totally understand...he just irritated me with his dirty tampon post. but its all good :)

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:29 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:52 am
deronwilliams wrote: the warriors run last year was a fluke. they were launching 3 pt shots from all over the court last year and hitting all of them. well all that stopped once they ran into utah. you miss that 3 pt shot and you wont get another opportunity because the jazz grab every single board. amazing how the warriors make the playoffs once in the last 16 years then you get fans like 32 going off like they are a top tier team...


I know this was directed at 32 but I would have to respectfully disagree with that statement. To say that it was a fluke to win out X amount of games to get into the playoffs with one of the harder schedule when we were FINALLY healthy and to beat the team with the BEST RECORD, the same team that made it to the finals a year ago, is not a fluke. I'm sick and tired of hearing people talk about Mavs dont match up well against us, blah blah blah, in the end we won. If you called the Warriors run a fluke then you may as well say that the Mavs are a fluke, and so on.

I got nothing against the Jazz because they have a great team, excellent PG, and Carlos Bruiser is a beast. (CANNOT BELIEVE he screwed over the CAVS though but that is a different story) but the fact remains, these two teams will meet up again, and i hope they do in the playoffs.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:55 am
~W~ wrote:
deronwilliams wrote: the warriors run last year was a fluke. they were launching 3 pt shots from all over the court last year and hitting all of them. well all that stopped once they ran into utah. you miss that 3 pt shot and you wont get another opportunity because the jazz grab every single board. amazing how the warriors make the playoffs once in the last 16 years then you get fans like 32 going off like they are a top tier team...


I know this was directed at 32 but I would have to respectfully disagree with that statement. To say that it was a fluke to win out X amount of games to get into the playoffs with one of the harder schedule when we were FINALLY healthy and to beat the team with the BEST RECORD, the same team that made it to the finals a year ago, is not a fluke. I'm sick and tired of hearing people talk about Mavs dont match up well against us, blah blah blah, in the end we won. If you called the Warriors run a fluke then you may as well say that the Mavs are a fluke, and so on.

I got nothing against the Jazz because they have a great team, excellent PG, and Carlos Bruiser is a beast. (CANNOT BELIEVE he screwed over the CAVS though but that is a different story) but the fact remains, these two teams will meet up again, and i hope they do in the playoffs.
i dont actually believe that, it was just something i said because of 32's post. i DO fear the warriors because ive seen what they can do when they get hot. I also hope we meet again in the playoffs :)
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21362
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:04 am
deronwilliams wrote:
TMC wrote:Em... I don't like to get into this petty fights, but I'll do an exception this time because, if not, I'm afraid it will escalate into something bigger.

This is a Warriors board. Not a Jazz board, not a NBA board. Strictly a Warriors board. If you expect non-biased fans, you should look for them in other sites. Some of us try to stay more close to earth, some of us are more enthusiastic about our team. But we're all Warrior fans.

With that said, if you come here to talk trash after a game, you may get a few irritated answers. That's normal. I'd expect the same to happen if we win at Utah and some of our members decide to go to Jazzfans to talk sh*t after the game.



What I'm trying to say is this: fans of other teams are welcome into this board, but keep in mind this is a Warriors board. If these discussions get out of control and become personal fights, we'll have to ban some people. We were forced to do it during the series with the Jazz and will do it again if necessary. And if I have to choose between one of our own, like 32, and fans of other teams, the pick is clear.
yes i totally understand...he just irritated me with his dirty tampon post. but its all good :)



I also believe that it is understandable that some of us fans and regulars of this forum will get alittle irate at somewhat gloating by other team's fans coming to this forum but in this case, #32 instigated the nastiness and so I don't blame the couple of Jazz fans of the past couple of days for being offended. Please do not escalate it though or, as happened last playoffs, the Jazz fans will be cut off just to stop the arguments
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:20 am
migya wrote:
deronwilliams wrote:
TMC wrote:Em... I don't like to get into this petty fights, but I'll do an exception this time because, if not, I'm afraid it will escalate into something bigger.

This is a Warriors board. Not a Jazz board, not a NBA board. Strictly a Warriors board. If you expect non-biased fans, you should look for them in other sites. Some of us try to stay more close to earth, some of us are more enthusiastic about our team. But we're all Warrior fans.

With that said, if you come here to talk trash after a game, you may get a few irritated answers. That's normal. I'd expect the same to happen if we win at Utah and some of our members decide to go to Jazzfans to talk sh*t after the game.



What I'm trying to say is this: fans of other teams are welcome into this board, but keep in mind this is a Warriors board. If these discussions get out of control and become personal fights, we'll have to ban some people. We were forced to do it during the series with the Jazz and will do it again if necessary. And if I have to choose between one of our own, like 32, and fans of other teams, the pick is clear.
yes i totally understand...he just irritated me with his dirty tampon post. but its all good :)



I also believe that it is understandable that some of us fans and regulars of this forum will get alittle irate at somewhat gloating by other team's fans coming to this forum but in this case, #32 instigated the nastiness and so I don't blame the couple of Jazz fans of the past couple of days for being offended. Please do not escalate it though or, as happened last playoffs, the Jazz fans will be cut off just to stop the arguments
yeah no more on my part. but i do not believe i gloated about anything. someone commented on how good ak was and i just agreed and said ak usually plays well against the warriors. i apologize if it seemed like i was gloating.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:03 am
~W~ wrote:I got nothing against the Jazz because they have a great team, excellent PG, and Carlos Bruiser is a beast. (CANNOT BELIEVE he screwed over the CAVS though but that is a different story) but the fact remains, these two teams will meet up again, and i hope they do in the playoffs.


You forgot that they also had one of the top coaches of the league. The Jazz are truly great. Boring, predictable, but a great team nonetheless. And one will have trouble beating unless Nellie can find a way to stop the slaughter on the boards.

It's also one of the few teams that will do that to us (I mean, other's might outrebound us, but not by 20. And their D will be worst than the Jazz), so I'm not really worried for the rest of the season. I still think we're a 7th seed in the west. Maybe 8th if New Orleans has a healthy season and play at full strength, but I can't see us missing the playoffs.
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 11:43 pm
Location: St. George, Utah
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:28 am
~W~ wrote:I'm sick and tired of hearing people talk about Mavs dont match up well against us, blah blah blah, in the end we won.


Of course you will win against a soft team like Dallas but once you run into a tough team like the Jazz....
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:29 pm
reignman40 wrote:
~W~ wrote:I'm sick and tired of hearing people talk about Mavs dont match up well against us, blah blah blah, in the end we won.


Of course you will win against a soft team like Dallas but once you run into a tough team like the Jazz....


That's true. Of course you'll beat an offensive team like the Warriors but once you run into a "boring" team like the Spurs...
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21362
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:50 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:
reignman40 wrote:
~W~ wrote:I'm sick and tired of hearing people talk about Mavs dont match up well against us, blah blah blah, in the end we won.


Of course you will win against a soft team like Dallas but once you run into a tough team like the Jazz....


That's true. Of course you'll beat an offensive team like the Warriors but once you run into a "boring" team like the Spurs...



:mrgreen:

I'll say even a juggernaught like the Suns
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:06 pm
reignman40 wrote:
~W~ wrote:I'm sick and tired of hearing people talk about Mavs dont match up well against us, blah blah blah, in the end we won.


Of course you will win against a soft team like Dallas but once you run into a tough team like the Jazz....


Do you want to count wins between Dallas and Utah last year? Soft or not, they won, and they did it a lot. Dont talk like Utah is the best team in the league, either. Fourth or fifth in the conference.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13507
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:21 am
And, as usual, bite me miggy. If your bias against me wasn't fully exposed before, I dunno how you can deny it now. You're taking Jazz fans sides over mine. :mrgreen: Thanks for the home crowd support, TMC. I've always said you're the only real moderator here.

The argument was only instigated after deronwilliams called Baron Davis the 2nd coming of Kobe Bryant. Cutting down our team, our franchise player, our run into the playoffs, and our style of play will not result in a kind response from me. The remark about AK was just the truth. There are no highlights of the Jazz in the playoffs, save for Derek Fisher's return and Baron Davis throwing it on AK. I acknowledged Kirilenko was a good shotblocker. If my comment about Baron's slam on him offended you, than think next time before posting crap like "Baron Davis is the next Kobe Bryant; mindlessly filling a stat sheet, but never helping his team win." THAT is a lie. The comment about AK was just a fact.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
Previous

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest