YES
96%
NO
4%

Total votes : 25

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:37 pm
just keeping it real with a little early season smack. besides rebounding and evenly matched(?) pg play take a look at the 3 pt percentages.
Be nice to us or we will bring democracy to your country.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:44 pm
zshook wrote:
jazzin6 wrote:
32 wrote:
jazzin6 wrote:
JayPat wrote:
jazzin6 wrote:81 games to go, bro. lets see if they can get back on that horse that done bucked them off. Could the Baron be the second coming of Kobe, uselessly scoring points, padding stats but not making his team win?

...? Even though he led his team to the eastern-conference semifinals when they weren't even expected to make the playoffs?

Like boss tells me, "What have you done for me lately"? Dwill is the league's second best pg, and #1 lives in PHX. Time will prove this out and I will be here to remind you. See ya.

DWill was committing dumb fouls on Monta Ellis while Baron Davis racked up a better all around night than Williams.

The Jazz beat the Warriors, no doubt in my mind. But as far as the point guard matchup, Williams was clearly outplayed and in over his head. As with the playoffs, you owe your win to the best bottom-feeder in the league, Carlos Boozer.

I think I recollect Millsap single handedly outrebounding your entire team, AK swatting shots into the 10th row and DW CONTROLLING the pace of the game. Oh, never mind, GSW doesn't get game pace, one trick sprint ponies. Love the way Baron gets the dubs into that half court offense.

Ok dude We know you have a hard on for DWill, But the reason the Jazz won had nothing to do with him, Baron definitely won the pg battle last night. The reason you won was because rebounding period.
what game did you watch???? dwill had nothing to do with the jazz winning? what if troy hudson was the jazz pg...?i think you might want to rethink that statement you made... i dont think baron outplayed dwill at all...dwill did what he had to do in 32 mins, his stats were pretty damn good. and his team won. this game was about the jazz vs warriors, not dwill vs baron.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:53 pm
D Will is very very good. Very very impressive if you ask me and both PG had exellent games. Baron kept the Warriors in the game, and D Will was always the answer to any runs.

D Will quietly did what he had to do in running his team but I can assure you it was the TEAM Jazz beat the Warriors. It was Baron who kept us in the game (like usual).

Jazz beat the Warriors because Brewer came to play and AK47 was a BEAST in the middle of the key. Meanwhile our bench was NON existence...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:03 pm
~W~ wrote:D Will is very very good. Very very impressive if you ask me and both PG had exellent games. Baron kept the Warriors in the game, and D Will was always the answer to any runs.

D Will quietly did what he had to do in running his team but I can assure you it was the TEAM Jazz beat the Warriors. It was Baron who kept us in the game (like usual).

Jazz beat the Warriors because Brewer came to play and AK47 was a BEAST in the middle of the key. Meanwhile our bench was NON existence...
i agree. i didnt say dwill won teh game for utah, we play as a team, everyone contributed except for okur who is dealing with an injury. i was just responding to the guy who said dwill had NOTHING to do with us winning...
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:09 pm
people who names William or Bill is always GOOD....believe it or not..
Bill gates...Deron William...and William_GSW :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:53 pm
TMC wrote:First of all, welcome to the board, section223. :hello2:

About the game, I can only talk from the boxscore (I got the Rockets vs Lakers instead). I said in another thread that, with this lineup I expected Boozer to get 40 and 20. It wasn't such an overstatement, after all.

Actually, the reason this game was not even close was that, once again, the Jazz dominated the boards 56-37. You just cannot win a game if you allow so many second and third chances to your rival. I don't need to watch a game to realize that much. It happened during all the playoff series last year (minus one game, if I'm not wrong). In games like that, you need to hit a high % of your shots or you're out of the game. That's what seems to have happened in this case.

I can't comment on indivial performances, tho. Not without watching the game. Guess the torrent will be out soon.

As others have said, no biggie. It won't be the same story against the Clippers.

But then what can you do? You have no true 4 to matchup against Boozer. You can say Biedrins is your true 4 that can matchup against him, but then that means you don't have a true center. Utah wins the matchup down low which will ALWAYS hurt the Warriors unless they're firing from all cylinders.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:59 pm
I however, believe that without AK47 defending the middle, the outcome would have been different. And the fact the the Warriors shot themselves out of the game on the free throw line didnt help. The combination of those two was too much to overcome.

deronwilliams wrote:
~W~ wrote:D Will is very very good. Very very impressive if you ask me and both PG had exellent games. Baron kept the Warriors in the game, and D Will was always the answer to any runs.

i agree. i didnt say dwill won teh game for utah, we play as a team, everyone contributed except for okur who is dealing with an injury. i was just responding to the guy who said dwill had NOTHING to do with us winning...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:09 pm
~W~ wrote:I however, believe that without AK47 defending the middle, the outcome would have been different. And the fact the the Warriors shot themselves out of the game on the free throw line didnt help. The combination of those two was too much to overcome.

deronwilliams wrote:

yeah AK was a monster last night. he got 5 or 6 blocked shots, but he challenged and altered many others. hes definitely a game changer. he seems to always play great against the warriors.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:49 pm
The Jazz are as tough as a matchup against the Warriors as anyone in the league. If we can win one or two out of the three, it is fine with me.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:32 pm
jazzin6 wrote:
32 wrote:
jazzin6 wrote:
JayPat wrote:
jazzin6 wrote:81 games to go, bro. lets see if they can get back on that horse that done bucked them off. Could the Baron be the second coming of Kobe, uselessly scoring points, padding stats but not making his team win?

...? Even though he led his team to the eastern-conference semifinals when they weren't even expected to make the playoffs?

Like boss tells me, "What have you done for me lately"? Dwill is the league's second best pg, and #1 lives in PHX. Time will prove this out and I will be here to remind you. See ya.

DWill was committing dumb fouls on Monta Ellis while Baron Davis racked up a better all around night than Williams.

The Jazz beat the Warriors, no doubt in my mind. But as far as the point guard matchup, Williams was clearly outplayed and in over his head. As with the playoffs, you owe your win to the best bottom-feeder in the league, Carlos Boozer.

I think I recollect Millsap single handedly outrebounding your entire team, AK swatting shots into the 10th row and DW CONTROLLING the pace of the game. Oh, never mind, GSW doesn't get game pace, one trick sprint ponies. Love the way Baron gets the dubs into that half court offense.

You're right. AK was swatting all kinds of shots in the playoffs. But too bad the only time you'll find him in a highlight reel is getting a dirty tampon slammed down his throat by Baron Davis. You should be thanking the Golden State franchise for making your boy famous.

The Jazz won last night while the Warriors shot uncharacteristically poor from the arc, Don Nelson was still trying to find his lineups on a team with 5 or 6 new faces, and Stephen Jackson was watching at home for a stunt he pulled in Indiana. Wow. Excuse while I call Ripley. The 4th seed Jazz pulled off the upset of opening night. :roll:

When we get SJax back and Nellie's not still wasting time finding who to play and who not to, than get back at me. I expect the Jazz to win the rematch in Utah, as well. As long as Stephen Jackson is out, the Warriors are at a disadvantage. You should know how it is to have your 2nd best player sitting out a few games. Boozer and AK usually take half the season off.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:25 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:It's frustrating that we have three 6'10+ footers (two of them lottery picks BTW) sitting on the bench and we wonder why we can't get a rebound. And don't tell me our young guys are just not ready yet and need to play in the D-League. Well if they are not ready then that's our bad for drafting these guys! Boozer and Milsap were both 2nd rounders.

Point well made. I feel the pain.

Just said beautifully :D

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:30 pm
The way Boozer played against the team, a double team should have been thrown at him time and time again. Force the Jazz, not known for their three point shooting, to shoot from the outside

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:44 pm
migya wrote:The way Boozer played against the team, a double team should have been thrown at him time and time again. Force the Jazz, not known for their three point shooting, to shoot from the outside

I said that from the begining. Double team fricken Boozer. If Okur wants to take that three, let him. At least he can miss. Boozer within five feet, especially against the Warriors, is a money shot.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:50 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:The way Boozer played against the team, a double team should have been thrown at him time and time again. Force the Jazz, not known for their three point shooting, to shoot from the outside

I said that from the begining. Double team fricken Boozer. If Okur wants to take that three, let him. At least he can miss. Boozer within five feet, especially against the Warriors, is a money shot.

Keep Okur's man on him but when you have a player that can't shoot for shiit, like Brewer,dare the prik to shoot it and go double Boozer. At least try something when Boozer is scoring at will

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:20 am
xbaywarrior wrote:
TMC wrote:First of all, welcome to the board, section223. :hello2:

About the game, I can only talk from the boxscore (I got the Rockets vs Lakers instead). I said in another thread that, with this lineup I expected Boozer to get 40 and 20. It wasn't such an overstatement, after all.

Actually, the reason this game was not even close was that, once again, the Jazz dominated the boards 56-37. You just cannot win a game if you allow so many second and third chances to your rival. I don't need to watch a game to realize that much. It happened during all the playoff series last year (minus one game, if I'm not wrong). In games like that, you need to hit a high % of your shots or you're out of the game. That's what seems to have happened in this case.

I can't comment on indivial performances, tho. Not without watching the game. Guess the torrent will be out soon.

As others have said, no biggie. It won't be the same story against the Clippers.

But then what can you do? You have no true 4 to matchup against Boozer. You can say Biedrins is your true 4 that can matchup against him, but then that means you don't have a true center. Utah wins the matchup down low which will ALWAYS hurt the Warriors unless they're firing from all cylinders.

There are other options. Boozer is their main inside threat, and he'd be the one we have to (try to) stop. Beans over him should be the way to go. If Beans gets in foul trouble, bring POB from the bench over him. Double team him. Just don't try to stop him with a smaller, lighter guy. As for Okur & Millsap, I'm pretty sure Al Harrington could do a decent job with them. Good enough to let the rest of our inside guys to focus on Boozer.

I just can't see how we can win against the Jazz if we allow Boozer to have a field day inside.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads