96%
NO
4%

Total votes : 25

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:57 am
First of all, welcome to the board, section223. :hello2:

About the game, I can only talk from the boxscore (I got the Rockets vs Lakers instead). I said in another thread that, with this lineup I expected Boozer to get 40 and 20. It wasn't such an overstatement, after all.

Actually, the reason this game was not even close was that, once again, the Jazz dominated the boards 56-37. You just cannot win a game if you allow so many second and third chances to your rival. I don't need to watch a game to realize that much. It happened during all the playoff series last year (minus one game, if I'm not wrong). In games like that, you need to hit a high % of your shots or you're out of the game. That's what seems to have happened in this case.

I can't comment on indivial performances, tho. Not without watching the game. Guess the torrent will be out soon.

As others have said, no biggie. It won't be the same story against the Clippers.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:08 am
First of all, I think of all the teams in the NBA the Warriors do NOT match up well with the Jazz. They are bigger, stronger and the Warriors cannot keep them off the boards with their smaller, more athletic team.

I am not all that concerned about the loss, but I did see a few things that were a bit bothersome. There was simply too much one-on-one stuff going on. The Warriors rarely worked a set play in the half court set and that was a problem. They were left with bail out jump shots and had Pietrus not been hitting in the third quarter this outcome could have been worse.

The team did a nice job in the first quarter attacking the rim and getting to the line. Unfortunately, as we all saw too many times last season, free throw shooting is an issue with this team. They must shoot better from the line.

As others have eluded to, the main problem with last night was interior defense and defensive rebounding. We had a very small lineup in there and Boozer just ate us up all night long. Millsap was effected as well for the Jazz picking up boards on the offensive end and getting easy put backs.

It is just one game and it is clear that Stephen Jackson is missed, particularly on the defensive end. He will be a welcome addition in two weeks when he comes back.

Lastly, I can't say enough positive about the play of Andrei Kirilenko. The guy may not score the most points, but I have not seen many, if any, players block shots the way he does. He is an eraser down low and changes games. One of the main reasons the Warriors quit driving to the basket was seemingly because Kirilenko was down there blocking shot after shot. He is quite the defensive player and a difference maker on that end of the floor few teams can counteract.

On to LA for what I hope will be the Warriors first win of the season.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:07 am
Nobody here brought up the point that Ronnie Brewer killed them tonight! He didn't even make a jumper tonight. All of his points were postups and layups. That's why we can't have Monta starting at the SG! Brewer is 6''7 220lbs!

I don't think this guy scores when you have a strong SG like J-rich! If when get into the playoffs against the Jazz forget about it. They know how to take away the W's out of their transition!
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:42 am
i think nellie still do some experiment with the line-up coz without S-jax nellie kind of confuse how to put the team together and play solid.
We should see couples more game....or maybe wiat until sjax back... :D

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:07 am
Well....not so impressed with the Jacksonless Warriors. I started giggling when the W's ran down the floor and started jacking bad shot after bad shot, same old same old. Does anyone on GSW understand the principle of rebounding? And per usual, Dwill pretty much imposed his game, completely dissecting the phantom dubs D.

PS How do you like Ronnie Brewer? Dude doesn't need a jumpshot to score and he was downright nasty picking pockets last night?
Be nice to us or we will bring democracy to your country.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:14 am
jazzin6 wrote:And per usual, Dwill pretty much imposed his game, completely dissecting the phantom dubs D.

And as usual, Baron outplayed Deron :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:37 am
81 games to go, bro. lets see if they can get back on that horse that done bucked them off. Could the Baron be the second coming of Kobe, uselessly scoring points, padding stats but not making his team win?

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:37 am
need to feed beans the rock a lil more and work the o thru him imo
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:19 am
jazzin6 wrote:81 games to go, bro. lets see if they can get back on that horse that done bucked them off. Could the Baron be the second coming of Kobe, uselessly scoring points, padding stats but not making his team win?

...? Even though he led his team to the eastern-conference semifinals when they weren't even expected to make the playoffs?

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:36 am

It's tough to get out and run when you don't create turnovers and it takes a miracle for you to get a defensive rebouond. The problem is when the Warriors play the Jazz they struggle to get a defensive stop, when the Jazz do miss a shot an offensive rebound happens about 50% of the time thus limiting the fast break points. We will see a much different team against the Clippers on Friday and a similar game as tonight come Saturday. The NBA is all about matchups and quite simply the Warriors do not match up well against two teams and two teams only. The Jazz and Spurs.

YES. THE NBA IS ALL ABOUT MATCHUPS!! And you would think after getting beat in the playoffs by the Jazz in 5 games last season, that Nellie would try and go BIGGER against them, not SMALLER!!

Everyone is like well we don't match up well against the Spurs and Jazz. Umm people...Those are two teams that are the cream of the crop in the West. We made it to the 2nd round last year against the Jazz and lost and the Spurs won the Championship. So where does that leave us if we can't even match up against them??

We struggle to get a defensive stop because we are too small!!! The Jazz have big, strong guys who can bully us down low. The problem with playing small ball is our guys always start at a very fast pace, score a lot of points and then once the game slows down and our team starts running out of steam, then we start getting killed in the paint. Without Baron or Stephen Jackson on the floor, everyone looks lost. We actually got younger this year so now we have even less veteran leadership. Especially without J-Rich out there!

It's frustrating that we have three 6'10+ footers (two of them lottery picks BTW) sitting on the bench and we wonder why we can't get a rebound. And don't tell me our young guys are just not ready yet and need to play in the D-League. Well if they are not ready then that's our bad for drafting these guys! Boozer and Milsap were both 2nd rounders.

I could go on and on...I'm tired of typing. I'm just glad Elton Brand is out when we play the Clips.

PLEASE DISREGARD MY RANT!!!!!!!!! It's only one game.

All our bay area teams are sorry and if the Dubs don't get it done this year I'm going to probably...Well do nothing except spend more money going to games, drinking more 10 dollar beers, and buying more merchandise. Cuz I love sports.

Peace!
Born and raised in the muthaf***'n 808 /
Now I reside in the Golden State!

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:47 am
It's frustrating that we have three 6'10+ footers (two of them lottery picks BTW) sitting on the bench and we wonder why we can't get a rebound. And don't tell me our young guys are just not ready yet and need to play in the D-League. Well if they are not ready then that's our bad for drafting these guys! Boozer and Milsap were both 2nd rounders.

Point well made. I feel the pain.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:51 am
JayPat wrote:
jazzin6 wrote:81 games to go, bro. lets see if they can get back on that horse that done bucked them off. Could the Baron be the second coming of Kobe, uselessly scoring points, padding stats but not making his team win?

...? Even though he led his team to the eastern-conference semifinals when they weren't even expected to make the playoffs?

Like boss tells me, "What have you done for me lately"? Dwill is the league's second best pg, and #1 lives in PHX. Time will prove this out and I will be here to remind you. See ya.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:54 am
jazzin6 wrote:
JayPat wrote:

Like boss tells me, "What have you done for me lately"? Dwill is the league's second best pg, and #1 lives in PHX. Time will prove this out and I will be here to remind you. See ya.

DWill was committing dumb fouls on Monta Ellis while Baron Davis racked up a better all around night than Williams.

The Jazz beat the Warriors, no doubt in my mind. But as far as the point guard matchup, Williams was clearly outplayed and in over his head. As with the playoffs, you owe your win to the best bottom-feeder in the league, Carlos Boozer.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:07 am
32 wrote:
jazzin6 wrote:
JayPat wrote:

DWill was committing dumb fouls on Monta Ellis while Baron Davis racked up a better all around night than Williams.

The Jazz beat the Warriors, no doubt in my mind. But as far as the point guard matchup, Williams was clearly outplayed and in over his head. As with the playoffs, you owe your win to the best bottom-feeder in the league, Carlos Boozer.

I think I recollect Millsap single handedly outrebounding your entire team, AK swatting shots into the 10th row and DW CONTROLLING the pace of the game. Oh, never mind, GSW doesn't get game pace, one trick sprint ponies. Love the way Baron gets the dubs into that half court offense.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:08 am
jazzin6 wrote:
32 wrote:
jazzin6 wrote:
JayPat wrote:

I think I recollect Millsap single handedly outrebounding your entire team, AK swatting shots into the 10th row and DW CONTROLLING the pace of the game. Oh, never mind, GSW doesn't get game pace, one trick sprint ponies. Love the way Baron gets the dubs into that half court offense.

Ok dude We know you have a hard on for DWill, But the reason the Jazz won had nothing to do with him, Baron definitely won the pg battle last night. The reason you won was because rebounding period.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads