All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:28 pm
Red Sox up 3-0... and no thread?

:?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:43 pm
I thought about starting one up to see who was actually watching it. Even though it was a sweep, I enjoyed watching the Red Sox go to work. Of course, the Rockies had really no chance IMO because they hadn't played for 8-9 days so they lost a lot of momentum during that span. And the thing is that the ratings went up. Was this truly a more attractive matchup for viewers than the previous years?

Gee, Boston is rolling on all cylinders. The Red Sox win the title. The Patriots are pretty much unstoppable and most likely will win the title as well. Celtic fans actually have something to look forward to this season. And so on...
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:46 am
JayPat wrote:Red Sox up 3-0... and no thread?

You know. It's just baseball... :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:39 pm
Boring teams with a boring score. Yawn. Wake me up when basketball season starts. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:40 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:Gee, Boston is rolling on all cylinders. The Red Sox win the title. The Patriots are pretty much unstoppable and most likely will win the title as well. Celtic fans actually have something to look forward to this season. And so on...

Dont forget about Boston College. They will go to the National Championship game, then get killed, but they will make it nonetheless.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:30 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:Gee, Boston is rolling on all cylinders. The Red Sox win the title. The Patriots are pretty much unstoppable and most likely will win the title as well. Celtic fans actually have something to look forward to this season. And so on...

Dont forget about Boston College. They will go to the National Championship game, then get killed, but they will make it nonetheless.

Yeah, them too. I was just summing up all the professional sports team, that's why I didn't include them.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:47 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

Yeah, them too. I was just summing up all the professional sports team, that's why I didn't include them.

Yeah, yeah.... you forgot. :wink:

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:01 am

The Rockies making the series was the biggest joke in a long, long time. I was thrilled they got swept.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:47 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:

The Rockies making the series was the biggest joke in a long, long time. I was thrilled they got swept.

StuckInSoCal.... are you a jealous Dodger fan? :wink:

The biggest joke is Ohio State and Boston College at one and two despite playing nobody with a pulse thus far.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:19 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:

The biggest joke is Ohio State and Boston College at one and two despite playing nobody with a pulse thus far.

yeah i 2nd that... the whole BCS standings is so screwed up that i dont even care about college football anymore. All the bowl games will be boring ot me.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:43 pm
Viz wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:

yeah i 2nd that... the whole BCS standings is so screwed up that i dont even care about college football anymore. All the bowl games will be boring ot me.

Personally, I wouldnt go that far as to say that I dont care about college football, but I dont like that two losses and you're season is done. I love college football, and I will watch it when I get time, but, yeah, I hate the BCS, and how it is organized.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:56 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:

No, I'm a Giants fan. And I hate the Rockies. Horrible ballpark that really screwed up some good Giants seasons in the last 90s when we'd lose 15-13 slug fests and guys like then starter Joe Nathan ended up on the DL after the whooping.

They basically got real lucky at the end of this year and caught lightning in a bottle. Their starting pitching is HORRIBLE (Josh Fogg a world series starter?), and their offense is over-rated due to Coors Field.

The NL west is just lousy. The Giants, of course, did poorly this year, but the Dodgers and Padres had huge holes and didn't fill them at the trading deadline. The DBacks, like the Rockies, have enough young talent and veterans to put together a decent season, but they didn't belong in the playoffs either. The AL is so superior to the NL right now it's not even funny. I hope the four-game sweep showed a few owners and GMs they need to work harder or spend more or try something different.

And for the record, I live in SoCal (and have for almost a year) but will NEVER switch to any SoCal teams. I'd rather give up sports. =D
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)

Return to Sports Board