Tonights statline vs. SA Spurs

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13536
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:53 pm
migya wrote:
32 wrote:
migya wrote:
32 wrote:
migya wrote:Belinelli has been a disappointment the last few games. Looks like Lasme does more than BWRight

He certainly fouled more people than Wright did. 5 (in 15 minutes) compared to Wright's 0. Brandan got just as many rebounds and shot a better % from the floor.

Lasme can block shots WAY better, but we already knew that.



He also scored more, something that isn't expected of the small school, second rounder. BWright is the one with all the hype and expectation, anything Lasme gives is an added bonus

He scored at a worse clip than Wright in more minutes.



Lasme is not expected to be anything, BWright is, there;s the huge difference. Pretty much anything Lasme gives is a bonus. Lasme looks like he can provide in areas where the team is weak and that makes him an asset, for now and maybe even the future

Thats not what you said. You said "it looks like Lasme does more than Wright". I'm telling you, that's not true. Lasme scored more points because he played 5 more minutes than Wright and took more than twice as many shots. Still, he shot a worse percentage from the field and didn't collect more rebounds (despite playing more minutes).

By your logic, Dunleavy is a better player than Azuibuke. Dunleavy gets 15 PPG, while Kelenna only gets 4.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21382
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:48 pm
32 wrote:
migya wrote:
32 wrote:
migya wrote:
32 wrote:
migya wrote:Belinelli has been a disappointment the last few games. Looks like Lasme does more than BWRight

He certainly fouled more people than Wright did. 5 (in 15 minutes) compared to Wright's 0. Brandan got just as many rebounds and shot a better % from the floor.

Lasme can block shots WAY better, but we already knew that.



He also scored more, something that isn't expected of the small school, second rounder. BWright is the one with all the hype and expectation, anything Lasme gives is an added bonus

He scored at a worse clip than Wright in more minutes.



Lasme is not expected to be anything, BWright is, there;s the huge difference. Pretty much anything Lasme gives is a bonus. Lasme looks like he can provide in areas where the team is weak and that makes him an asset, for now and maybe even the future

Thats not what you said. You said "it looks like Lasme does more than Wright". I'm telling you, that's not true. Lasme scored more points because he played 5 more minutes than Wright and took more than twice as many shots. Still, he shot a worse percentage from the field and didn't collect more rebounds (despite playing more minutes).

By your logic, Dunleavy is a better player than Azuibuke. Dunleavy gets 15 PPG, while Kelenna only gets 4.



The last game they both played in, some four days ago I think it was, Lasme scored more and did more all up than BWright. He may not be as good as Wright, I don't know as they both haven't had time to show anything yet, but Lasme can only be a steal at where he was drafted
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13536
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:03 pm
I'm not denying that he's a 2nd round steal. He certainly has the ability to become one. But he absolutely doesn't do "more than Wright".
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:04 am
migya wrote:Lasme can only be a steal at where he was drafted


I don't consider him a steal. I mean, a steal is a player that, for whatever reason, shouldn't have been available when he was picked. Lasme had (still has) a lot of question marks about the kind of player he can be in the pros. He was picked right where he should.

He's just a low-risk pick. If he pans out, great. If not, he's a second rounder with a non-guaranteed contract. No biggie.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21382
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:45 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Lasme can only be a steal at where he was drafted


I don't consider him a steal. I mean, a steal is a player that, for whatever reason, shouldn't have been available when he was picked. Lasme had (still has) a lot of question marks about the kind of player he can be in the pros. He was picked right where he should.

He's just a low-risk pick. If he pans out, great. If not, he's a second rounder with a non-guaranteed contract. No biggie.



Any 2nd rounder that goes to a very talented team and makes the rotation AND contibutes well in limited minutes is a steal. You just don't expect a 2nd rounder to even make the squad on a talented team that made the playoffs. Lasme's strengths are the team's weaknesses and that gives him a huge opportunity to keep a spot on the team
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:51 pm
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Lasme can only be a steal at where he was drafted


I don't consider him a steal. I mean, a steal is a player that, for whatever reason, shouldn't have been available when he was picked. Lasme had (still has) a lot of question marks about the kind of player he can be in the pros. He was picked right where he should.

He's just a low-risk pick. If he pans out, great. If not, he's a second rounder with a non-guaranteed contract. No biggie.



Lasme's strengths are the team's weaknesses and that gives him a huge opportunity to keep a spot on the team


I dont think that he will make the team this year. We are just too deep with Patrick O'Bryant, Croshere, Barnes, and Pietrus.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21382
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:06 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Lasme can only be a steal at where he was drafted


I don't consider him a steal. I mean, a steal is a player that, for whatever reason, shouldn't have been available when he was picked. Lasme had (still has) a lot of question marks about the kind of player he can be in the pros. He was picked right where he should.

He's just a low-risk pick. If he pans out, great. If not, he's a second rounder with a non-guaranteed contract. No biggie.



Lasme's strengths are the team's weaknesses and that gives him a huge opportunity to keep a spot on the team


I dont think that he will make the team this year. We are just too deep with Patrick O'Bryant, Croshere, Barnes, and Pietrus.



But none of those players are great shotblockers. Lasme is a monster shotblocker and that alone warrants time in certain situations. Lasme is an athlete as well and if he improves his skills in other areas a bit, he'll definately have the ability to be a permanent player on the team
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:20 pm
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Lasme can only be a steal at where he was drafted


I don't consider him a steal. I mean, a steal is a player that, for whatever reason, shouldn't have been available when he was picked. Lasme had (still has) a lot of question marks about the kind of player he can be in the pros. He was picked right where he should.

He's just a low-risk pick. If he pans out, great. If not, he's a second rounder with a non-guaranteed contract. No biggie.



Lasme's strengths are the team's weaknesses and that gives him a huge opportunity to keep a spot on the team


I dont think that he will make the team this year. We are just too deep with Patrick O'Bryant, Croshere, Barnes, and Pietrus.



But none of those players are great shotblockers. Lasme is a monster shotblocker and that alone warrants time in certain situations. Lasme is an athlete as well and if he improves his skills in other areas a bit, he'll definately have the ability to be a permanent player on the team


So who do you think are the 12 we keep?
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21382
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:31 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Lasme can only be a steal at where he was drafted


I don't consider him a steal. I mean, a steal is a player that, for whatever reason, shouldn't have been available when he was picked. Lasme had (still has) a lot of question marks about the kind of player he can be in the pros. He was picked right where he should.

He's just a low-risk pick. If he pans out, great. If not, he's a second rounder with a non-guaranteed contract. No biggie.



Lasme's strengths are the team's weaknesses and that gives him a huge opportunity to keep a spot on the team


I dont think that he will make the team this year. We are just too deep with Patrick O'Bryant, Croshere, Barnes, and Pietrus.



But none of those players are great shotblockers. Lasme is a monster shotblocker and that alone warrants time in certain situations. Lasme is an athlete as well and if he improves his skills in other areas a bit, he'll definately have the ability to be a permanent player on the team


So who do you think are the 12 we keep?



The proper twelve players (as in filling the needed positions and going by what is expected as far as playing time) would be as follows:

Baron
Monta
Belinelli
Azu
Pietrus
Barnes
SJackson
Harrington
BWright
Croshere
Biedrins
O'bryant

Can see Croshere being taken out of the rotation if he doesn't rebound and shoot well, as that is all he brings. One of either Azu or Belinelli will go NBDL if he doesn't perform consistently and well. BWright will go to NBDL if he also doen't perform well.

I see Lasme replacing O'bryant real quick if he shows that he can run well and provide the rebounding and shotblocking. I don't see O'bryant being that good just yet and with BWright and Croshere, Biedrins has backups.

Should be noted that Hudson could be a forgotten man because there are already four guards on the team ahead of him
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13536
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:18 pm
Not point guards. Hudson's only competition is Baron Davis and, occasionally, Monta Ellis. Nellie won't have Belinelli, Azuibuke, or Pietrus run the point consistently.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21382
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:48 am
32 wrote:Not point guards. Hudson's only competition is Baron Davis and, occasionally, Monta Ellis. Nellie won't have Belinelli, Azuibuke, or Pietrus run the point consistently.



The twelve I listed are the most probable. Only O'bryant is at any threat to be removed and replaced with one of the three (Lasme, Hudson or Kosta). Be interesting to see what Hudson thinks if he indeed is not included in the twelve because he is no rookie that is accepting of being placed in the NBDL I'm sure
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:21 am
migya wrote:But none of those players are great shotblockers. Lasme is a monster shotblocker and that alone warrants time in certain situations.


Foyle is still one of the top shot-blockers of the league and is our all time shot-blocking leader. He didn't have any time during all of last year. One skill alone doesn't guarantee more than some garbage minutes.

migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:So who do you think are the 12 we keep?


The proper twelve players (as in filling the needed positions and going by what is expected as far as playing time) would be as follows:

Baron
Monta
Belinelli
Azu
Pietrus
Barnes
SJackson
Harrington
BWright
Croshere
Biedrins
O'bryant


Following Nellie's coaching career a bit, I'd say our 12 guys will be:

Baron
Monta
Azu
Belinelli
S-Jax
Harrington
Beans
Croshere
Pietrus
Hudson
Barnes
Wright (or POB, pending on Nellie's mood).
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13536
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:36 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:The proper twelve players (as in filling the needed positions and going by what is expected as far as playing time) would be as follows:

Baron
Monta
Belinelli
Azu
Pietrus
Barnes
SJackson
Harrington
BWright
Croshere
Biedrins
O'bryant


Following Nellie's coaching career a bit, I'd say our 12 guys will be:

Baron
Monta
Azu
Belinelli
S-Jax
Harrington
Beans
Croshere
Pietrus
Hudson
Barnes
Wright (or POB, pending on Nellie's mood).

Nelson won't have Wright and Crosshere up at the same time. Nelson said he'd give Wright another look after the Seattle game. If BWright can grind himself into a rotation spot, I see Crosshere becoming more of an injury sub.

You can't just list the 12 best players, you need to think of depth as well. Here are the 12 I think will stay:

PG - Baron Davis / Troy Hudson
SG - Monta Ellis / Kelenna Azuibuke / Marco Belinelli
SF - Stephen Jackson / Matt Barnes / Mickael Pietrus
PF - Al Harrington / Brandan Wright
C - Andris Biedrins / Patrick O'Bryant


The only debate is whether or not Crosshere stays on the active roster, in place of Wright. Golden State's wing positions at SG/SF are too talented to ignore, so they'll stay 3-deep on those. O'Bryant will spell Biedrins this year, due to Foyle's departure, the need for a bigger body, and his improvements in D-League. And, when Baron Davis is off the floor, the only other true point guard we have is Hudson, who can also shoot and play risky Nellieball defense, so he'll have a spot, too.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:51 am
32 wrote:You can't just list the 12 best players, you need to think of depth as well. Here are the 12 I think will stay:

PG - Baron Davis / Troy Hudson
SG - Monta Ellis / Kelenna Azuibuke / Marco Belinelli
SF - Stephen Jackson / Matt Barnes / Mickael Pietrus
PF - Al Harrington / Brandan Wright
C - Andris Biedrins / Patrick O'Bryant



That's the team that makes the most sense, but I doubt it will happen much during the year. The starting lineup (no matter if Al starts or not, he's gonna play starter minutes) is set, but I think we'll see Barnes playing a lot of PF (instead of Wright, at least at the beginning of the season) and also Monta playing a lot of PG (when Baron's on the bench).

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:29 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:27 pm
TMC wrote:
32 wrote:You can't just list the 12 best players, you need to think of depth as well. Here are the 12 I think will stay:

PG - Baron Davis / Troy Hudson
SG - Monta Ellis / Kelenna Azuibuke / Marco Belinelli
SF - Stephen Jackson / Matt Barnes / Mickael Pietrus
PF - Al Harrington / Brandan Wright
C - Andris Biedrins / Patrick O'Bryant



That's the team that makes the most sense, but I doubt it will happen much during the year. The starting lineup (no matter if Al starts or not, he's gonna play starter minutes) is set, but I think we'll see Barnes playing a lot of PF (instead of Wright, at least at the beginning of the season) and also Monta playing a lot of PG (when Baron's on the bench).


This is for certain... With Sjax out first 7 games, either Croshere or Lasme will take that final 12th man spot for the opening roster. Unless Lasme kicks butt tonight and Croshere just stink up the joint, it probably will be Austin.

Why do I have a feeling that Petruis will be dealt shortly... I DUNNO WHY, its just a GUT instinct...
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests