Rattay
13%
Smith
88%

Total votes : 8

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:19 pm
i watched the cards game again smith shoulda came in during the 2nd half. im excited to see him start sunday its against the colts so there really should be no pressure on him and after that comes the bye. he has 2 weeks to prepare for the tough washington and tampa d

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:30 pm
ronald dregan wrote:i watched the cards game again smith shoulda came in during the 2nd half. im excited to see him start sunday its against the colts so there really should be no pressure on him and after that comes the bye. he has 2 weeks to prepare for the tough washington and tampa d

i agree with that
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:03 pm
Bdavis_Jrich_fan wrote:
ronald dregan wrote:i watched the cards game again smith shoulda came in during the 2nd half. im excited to see him start sunday its against the colts so there really should be no pressure on him and after that comes the bye. he has 2 weeks to prepare for the tough washington and tampa d

i agree with that

Same here
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:29 pm
I'm just trying to think long term:

Tim Rattay is not going to be the 49ers' number one QB in the long run. Seeing as we have a tough schedule this year (one that we'd be lucky to win 3 or 4 games with), wouldn't the time be better spent developing Alex Smith so that 2 or 3 years from now the 49ers can come out shooting with the newest dynamic duo (Smith to Lloyd!)?

PS, Brandon Lloyd is going to be huge one day. He's got the right stuff to be a great WR if given the proper QB... so I'd like to get Alex Smith battle ready as soon as possible. It's a bright future for San Fransisco... but it wont be rewarded for another couple of years...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:47 pm
At least with smith starting Lloyds numbers will go down, so we can sign him for cheap.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:00 am
... yeah, but the downside is that he may try to sign elsewhere where he gets more catches. We gotta keep Lloyd happy; at the moment, he's probably our best offensive player who doesn't run the ball.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to Sports Board