Pair of Warriors rookies probably headed to D-League.

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:07 pm
Ah. I'll be more careful next time. Apparently, "player" and "star" mean the same thing in Australia.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:14 pm
How is it that you expect someone to respond to that? :|
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:58 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote::shock: Okay.....

I like O'Bryant. :wink: :mrgreen:

I don't. But if he's able to help this team win, I'll find a way to like him. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:11 am
TMC wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote::shock: Okay.....

I like O'Bryant. :wink: :mrgreen:

I don't. But if he's able to help this team win, I'll find a way to like him. :wink:

I didn't like Matt Barnes for the majority of last season. And, prior to last year, I was continually lobbying for Mickael Pietrus to take the starting SF position.

Needless to say, I'm pretty open about changing my stance on players. If they play well, you gotta give it up to them... and if they suck, you gotta call them on it.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:12 am
Honestly, I don't have a huge problem with Pietrus playing for us, as he is a good role player. He can make open shots and hit the glass well, and is athletic. He doesn't have basketball smarts but as long as he is not a major part of crunch time, it doesn't matter. Baron will get the most touches in the later parts of the 4th quarter anyway.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:29 am
I don't like Pietrus because he doesn't stay outta the way. He's one of the few players that can hurt you, as well as help you. Some players, like Harrington, can help... but when they're off, they don't hurt you. Pietrus commits dumb fouls, travels ALL THE TIME, misses all his free throws, and commits juvenile turnovers (like throwing the ball away or getting picked due to shaky handles).

When MP is off, he's better left on the bench because he'll actually HURT you in the long run. You can say the same (to a lesser degree) about Matt Barnes, who will launch arrant shots all night. Those two need to be kept in check.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:34 am
32 wrote:I don't like Pietrus because he doesn't stay outta the way. He's one of the few players that can hurt you, as well as help you. Some players, like Harrington, can help... but when they're off, they don't hurt you. Pietrus commits dumb fouls, travels ALL THE TIME, misses all his free throws, and commits juvenile turnovers (like throwing the ball away or getting picked due to shaky handles).

So, basically, he still plays like a rookie...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:06 am
TMC wrote:
32 wrote:I don't like Pietrus because he doesn't stay outta the way. He's one of the few players that can hurt you, as well as help you. Some players, like Harrington, can help... but when they're off, they don't hurt you. Pietrus commits dumb fouls, travels ALL THE TIME, misses all his free throws, and commits juvenile turnovers (like throwing the ball away or getting picked due to shaky handles).

He still plays like he's in middle school. Like he's a 6'6", athletically gifted middle school student.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:04 pm
32 wrote:
TMC wrote:

He still plays like he's in middle school. Like he's a 6'6", athletically gifted middle school student.

Who makes four million dollars a year doing it. :wink:
Previous

Return to News Articles