Pair of Warriors rookies probably headed to D-League.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:07 pm
Ah. I'll be more careful next time. Apparently, "player" and "star" mean the same thing in Australia.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5705
» Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:14 pm
How is it that you expect someone to respond to that? :|
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:58 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote::shock: Okay.....

I like O'Bryant. :wink: :mrgreen:


I don't. But if he's able to help this team win, I'll find a way to like him. :wink:
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:11 am
TMC wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote::shock: Okay.....

I like O'Bryant. :wink: :mrgreen:


I don't. But if he's able to help this team win, I'll find a way to like him. :wink:

I didn't like Matt Barnes for the majority of last season. And, prior to last year, I was continually lobbying for Mickael Pietrus to take the starting SF position.

Needless to say, I'm pretty open about changing my stance on players. If they play well, you gotta give it up to them... and if they suck, you gotta call them on it.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3074
» Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:12 am
Honestly, I don't have a huge problem with Pietrus playing for us, as he is a good role player. He can make open shots and hit the glass well, and is athletic. He doesn't have basketball smarts but as long as he is not a major part of crunch time, it doesn't matter. Baron will get the most touches in the later parts of the 4th quarter anyway.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:29 am
I don't like Pietrus because he doesn't stay outta the way. He's one of the few players that can hurt you, as well as help you. Some players, like Harrington, can help... but when they're off, they don't hurt you. Pietrus commits dumb fouls, travels ALL THE TIME, misses all his free throws, and commits juvenile turnovers (like throwing the ball away or getting picked due to shaky handles).

When MP is off, he's better left on the bench because he'll actually HURT you in the long run. You can say the same (to a lesser degree) about Matt Barnes, who will launch arrant shots all night. Those two need to be kept in check.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:34 am
32 wrote:I don't like Pietrus because he doesn't stay outta the way. He's one of the few players that can hurt you, as well as help you. Some players, like Harrington, can help... but when they're off, they don't hurt you. Pietrus commits dumb fouls, travels ALL THE TIME, misses all his free throws, and commits juvenile turnovers (like throwing the ball away or getting picked due to shaky handles).


So, basically, he still plays like a rookie...
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:06 am
TMC wrote:
32 wrote:I don't like Pietrus because he doesn't stay outta the way. He's one of the few players that can hurt you, as well as help you. Some players, like Harrington, can help... but when they're off, they don't hurt you. Pietrus commits dumb fouls, travels ALL THE TIME, misses all his free throws, and commits juvenile turnovers (like throwing the ball away or getting picked due to shaky handles).


So, basically, he still plays like a rookie...

He still plays like he's in middle school. Like he's a 6'6", athletically gifted middle school student.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5705
» Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:04 pm
32 wrote:
TMC wrote:
32 wrote:I don't like Pietrus because he doesn't stay outta the way. He's one of the few players that can hurt you, as well as help you. Some players, like Harrington, can help... but when they're off, they don't hurt you. Pietrus commits dumb fouls, travels ALL THE TIME, misses all his free throws, and commits juvenile turnovers (like throwing the ball away or getting picked due to shaky handles).


So, basically, he still plays like a rookie...

He still plays like he's in middle school. Like he's a 6'6", athletically gifted middle school student.


Who makes four million dollars a year doing it. :wink:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 12 guests