College Football

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:20 pm
Not jumping the gun on this, but how about Stanford getting better and winning some conference games?

Harbough doing something good in Palo Alto.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:55 pm
I was so glad to see LSU beat up on Ohio State. It would have been a damn shame if Ohio State would have won it based on their schedule. It would have been walk through your sh*tty conference, your sh*tty non-conference games, and get lucky in the championship game.

I hope next year Cal goes out and plays San Jose State, St Marys, University of San Francisco, and... just maybe.... Fresno State. Prove a point that this whole BCS sh*t is based on your name, not on your schedule. It should have been USC and LSU. That would have been the best game.

And not to toot my own horn, but....

sfsfsfgiants wrote:Who is your favorite for the National Championship this year?

I like LSU, because they have a great offense and defense, and I hate USC.

I know he would kill me for not giving him credit, so here goes, man...

xbaywarrior wrote:While USC is heavily favored, I'm taking LSU.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:42 pm
Hey, I predicted right. I'm amazed at myself. I thought USC should've faced LSU as well. I mean c'mon... USC always puts on a good show no matter how tough the opposition is. See the Rose Bowl against Texas about 3-4 years ago. LSU and USC could've been the best National Championship game we've had since.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:28 pm
Isn't the Big 10 like the 4th best conference now? I think USC, Oregon, Cal and maybe even the lucky to win Arizona State might have taken 1st there. And of course any number of SEC or Big 12 teams as well.

I became a big Oregon fan. Loved that team and the way their 5th string QB got them going at the end. The East Coasters have them at 23 at the end of the year. Disgusting. I am rooting for every most western team every time just because the east is so ignorant and they have to be put down.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:13 pm
carlgo wrote:Isn't the Big 10 like the 4th best conference now?

I would rate the major conferences like this:

SEC
PAC 10
BIG 12
Big East
Big 10
ACC

That is just me.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:22 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
carlgo wrote:Isn't the Big 10 like the 4th best conference now?

I would rate the major conferences like this:

SEC
PAC 10
BIG 12
Big East
Big 10
ACC

That is just me.

I would have to agree...the Big East looked much more impressive than the Big 10 this season.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:18 pm
no talk about the cal bowl game?that was incredible!
Go Ham
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:36 pm
webelieve wrote:no talk about the cal bowl game?that was incredible!

I think we all but gave up on them after the fifth straight loss. :roll:

Nah, but seriously, I was kind of pissed that they were even in that bowl. Should have done a whole lot better this year. :|
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:27 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

Nah, but seriously, I was kind of pissed that they were even in that bowl. Should have done a whole lot better this year. :|

okay thank you for talking about them i can go off now!hehe

Ive been a bear faithful forever before the tedford era.And this year was a nightmare.Ill start at the oregon state game,i do not blame kevin riley we gota look at it he had 295 yards against at the time one of the best pass defenses 2 touchdowns and only one pick.Tedford should of told him to throw it away he was only trying to win the game for us.It was his first start i mean the kids got real talent he moved us in that last drive exeption of the last play excelently.I put oregon state on tedford.UCLA im not even gona touch,but Nate Longshore went from bein one of my favs to hated.What the hell is he doin playin hurt?!?But the bowl game was sick Kevin Riley came in after longshore failed to do anything ralliedfrom 21-0 went 16-19 266 yards 4 total touchdowns 3 passin 1 run no picks.Im pumped for next season baby Kevin Riley is god.

Yeah that was a rant but i mean i bleed blue and gold
Go Ham
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:40 pm
webelieve wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

I do not blame kevin riley we gota look at it he had 295 yards against at the time one of the best pass defenses 2 touchdowns and only one pick.Tedford should of told him to throw it away he was only trying to win the game for us.It was his first start i mean the kids got real talent he moved us in that last drive exeption of the last play excelently.

That was a really tough game.... Man.... That really sucked. You can probably go back a couple of pages to see my ranting and raving about that game. That was tough. That was as bad of a play as I have ever seen.

Regardless of whose fault it was, you gotta admit that was pretty ugly? :wink:

But, yeah, I am also looking forward to next year. Riley did look good after that one bad play. He looks like he has potential. Jahvid Best also looks like a freak. The next Reggie Bush. :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:27 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
webelieve wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

I do not blame kevin riley we gota look at it he had 295 yards against at the time one of the best pass defenses 2 touchdowns and only one pick.Tedford should of told him to throw it away he was only trying to win the game for us.It was his first start i mean the kids got real talent he moved us in that last drive exeption of the last play excelently.

That was a really tough game.... Man.... That really sucked. You can probably go back a couple of pages to see my ranting and raving about that game. That was tough. That was as bad of a play as I have ever seen.

But, yeah, I am also looking forward to next year. Riley did look good after that one bad play. He looks like he has potential. Jahvid Best also looks like a freak. The next Reggie Bush. :mrgreen:

Yeah sf i agree it was very hard to watch be honest i cried it hurt :oops: but yeah i think riley has much more than potential i truly think hell b a cal great.And jahvid is a frigin freak!!Im just concerned about the hip injury he suffered...
Go Ham
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:49 am
webelieve wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
webelieve wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

Yeah sf i agree it was very hard to watch be honest i cried it hurt :oops: but yeah i think riley has much more than potential i truly think hell b a cal great.And jahvid is a frigin freak!!Im just concerned about the hip injury he suffered...

I'm sure Best will turn out okay. I like the fact that he is that "local boy made good" type of a guy. If they can run him correctly, using the right types of plays (check downs, screens, pitches outside, anything going outside) he could become a really good player.

It breaks my heart to see a lot of talent with a guy, but the team he is on refuses to go to their strenghts, and both end up losing out. The team gets a player not doing what they do best, and the player struggles because he isnt good at what they want him to do.

I really hope that Best isnt like this. He looks like he could be a very special player someday.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:54 am
yeah i know what your saying i really think jahvid is going to become a player like desean whenever he has the ball he could go the distance.Montgomery/best next year is gonna b monster
Go Ham
Previous

Return to Sports Board