Harrington as 6th man?

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:06 pm
It really doesnt matter who starts or who comes off the bench. Nelly said in his interviews that he may try bringing Al off the bench. But he will get STARTERS minutes. Its all about minutes played and who plays in the crucial part of the game. Al will most likely step it up this year unlike last year in the playoffs...well I hope so at least.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:45 pm
Who else would start at PF? Either you go horribly undersized starting Barnes, Jackson, or Pietrus... or you drop off an insane amount of talent starting Crosshere.

Unless Nellie plans on starting Brandan Wright (which, he won't), there is no advantage to benching Harrington. The only advantage to starting Wright would be development, but its offset by Harrington's edge on talent (at the moment) over Wright.

If Nelson wants the best Warrior lineup possible, he needs to start the following:

PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Al Harrington
C - Andris Biedrins

Forget the tear Kelenna Azuibuke has been on; its only preseason. I know the kid is for real, but Monta's got the trophy (plus, 18 PPG in REAL NBA games), so Azu would need to work his way into the lineup.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:42 pm
32 wrote:Who else would start at PF? Either you go horribly undersized starting Barnes, Jackson, or Pietrus... or you drop off an insane amount of talent starting Crosshere.

Unless Nellie plans on starting Brandan Wright (which, he won't), there is no advantage to benching Harrington. The only advantage to starting Wright would be development, but its offset by Harrington's edge on talent (at the moment) over Wright.

If Nelson wants the best Warrior lineup possible, he needs to start the following:

PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Al Harrington
C - Andris Biedrins

Forget the tear Kelenna Azuibuke has been on; its only preseason. I know the kid is for real, but Monta's got the trophy (plus, 18 PPG in REAL NBA games), so Azu would need to work his way into the lineup.

Amen. I can't believe the lack of love Monta is getting. A couple of games where he cracks under pressure and all of sudden he's no longer the future in the backcourt?

Monta will be our next all-star.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:18 pm
cladden wrote:Monta will be our next all-star.

i wouldnt count on that. as long as kobe, tmac, and AI are in the west, monta wont get any allstar love. not unless he has a monstrously savage season that the coaches HAVE to have him in the lineup. i see deron williams being on the allstar team, but no matter how much id love to see monta there, i have my doubts. if anything our next allstar is gonna be biedrins (aside from baron of course). with KG outta the west, a big man spot opens up...tho the comp is still hard, i think biedrins will become an allsatr before monta.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:47 pm
no way in hella monta is our "next" all-star. if you ask me baron will be our next all star then possibly biedrins if he continues his huge growth spurt.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:50 am
cladden wrote:
32 wrote:Who else would start at PF? Either you go horribly undersized starting Barnes, Jackson, or Pietrus... or you drop off an insane amount of talent starting Crosshere.

PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Al Harrington
C - Andris Biedrins

Amen. I can't believe the lack of love Monta is getting. A couple of games where he cracks under pressure and all of sudden he's no longer the future in the backcourt?

Monta will be our next all-star.

I agree that the sudden lack of love is baffling - Monta was the 2nd best player on the team most of the year last year, and it ain't like Biedrins and Harrington didn't have less than stellar playoffs, too and Nelson didn't even trust Azu to be on the court. Monta was MIP and if he has a similar improvement this year he will be a star.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:28 am

PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Al Harrington
C - Andris Biedrins

Well written and agreed :wink:

The only PF I'd consuder starting (and that's only after he proves himself) ahead of Harrington is BWright. Barnes did well at the start of last season playing PF but it does lead to a drop off on rebounds and that is a category the team is already weak at

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:02 am
ChronicallyInclined wrote:no way in hella monta is our "next" all-star. if you ask me baron will be our next all star then possibly biedrins if he continues his huge growth spurt.

Beans. I doubt Baron will get enough consideration for the all star, as long as Nash, Deron, AI, Parker and CP keep playing in the west.

I'm not saying he's a worst player than those PGs (actually, if healthy, only Nash is above him), but he'll get less love than those guys in the votes.

Beans, on the other side, is a center. Yao is a lock to start in the ASG (IF healthy), Camby can be there, too. And other than those two, Beans and Tyson Chandler are the two best centers left. Beans has a lot less competition to make it to the ASG. If he's able to add a few more offensive weapons, he'll be there.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:26 am
TMC wrote:
ChronicallyInclined wrote:no way in hella monta is our "next" all-star. if you ask me baron will be our next all star then possibly biedrins if he continues his huge growth spurt.

Beans. I doubt Baron will get enough consideration for the all star, as long as Nash, Deron, AI, Parker and CP keep playing in the west.

I'm not saying he's a worst player than those PGs (actually, if healthy, only Nash is above him), but he'll get less love than those guys in the votes.

Beans, on the other side, is a center. Yao is a lock to start in the ASG (IF healthy), Camby can be there, too. And other than those two, Beans and Tyson Chandler are the two best centers left. Beans has a lot less competition to make it to the ASG. If he's able to add a few more offensive weapons, he'll be there.

Amare is counted as a Center now and Duncan is too I think

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:30 am
migya wrote:Amare is counted as a Center now and Duncan is too I think

That's a bunch of BS. Even Gasol is counted as center, but centers they're not. Of course, coaches may decide to vote for them as all star centers just to have them there. :banghead:

In other words, I didn't think of that, but you're right. I therefore retract my previous post. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:50 am
TMC wrote:

That's a bunch of BS. Even Gasol is counted as center, but centers they're not. Of course, coaches may decide to vote for them as all star centers just to have them there. :banghead:

In other words, I didn't think of that, but you're right. I therefore retract my previous post. :wink:

Very humbly put good friend :mrgreen:

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:46 pm
If Harrington is going to come off the bench, then there's no way Monta will be either. Doesn't look good for Special K. I really want him to get the starting job.
Thunder wrote:Harrington out 2 weeks with bad attitude.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:44 am
TMC wrote:

i think its BS that duncan is tryna stay a PF. with the size of that motha fucka he shoulda been listed at center his rookie year. only reason he wasnt was cuz of david robinson. but yeah, as far as allstar status, it doesnt matter what position they are anymore..all the west allstar team knows is small or big...i mean they had kobe playing point last year. as far as big men go they got dirk, duncan, amare, yao, boozer, and maybe camby, chandler, n biedrins to cover the PF and C spots. might even be able to slide dirk to SF like they did with KG the past 2 years.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Previous

Return to News Articles