100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 10

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:17 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
~W~ wrote:I simply see it as comparing POB to KP... that simple. I'm purely looking at what they bring to the table and what their game is about. Where they are drafted is irrelvant in my book because players drafted high in first round doesnt always equate to a stud and players draft low in the second round doesnt always equate to a dud.

I am simply looking at two 7 footers who plays when they first enter the NBA was simply not ready. Like POB, KP will most likely spend his first season in NBDL...

Well, no doubt that Perovic will be in the NBDL this year, but will you admit that for the most part, you expect more out of a first round pick than a second round pick? That is what I'm saying, that you cant compare them at this point in their careers.

If you get paid more, I expect more... that is for sure! I understand your mindset but as a fan of the game, i have high expectation. You don't get any slack just because you're a second round pick. I can agree that its hard to compare one position to another, but they're both centers in this case. Both of whom, when drafted was not expected to provide much (POB was a project when drafted).
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:28 am
~W~ wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
~W~ wrote:I simply see it as comparing POB to KP... that simple. I'm purely looking at what they bring to the table and what their game is about. Where they are drafted is irrelvant in my book because players drafted high in first round doesnt always equate to a stud and players draft low in the second round doesnt always equate to a dud.

I am simply looking at two 7 footers who plays when they first enter the NBA was simply not ready. Like POB, KP will most likely spend his first season in NBDL...

Well, no doubt that Perovic will be in the NBDL this year, but will you admit that for the most part, you expect more out of a first round pick than a second round pick? That is what I'm saying, that you cant compare them at this point in their careers.

If you get paid more, I expect more... that is for sure! I understand your mindset but as a fan of the game, i have high expectation. You don't get any slack just because you're a second round pick. I can agree that its hard to compare one position to another, but they're both centers in this case. Both of whom, when drafted was not expected to provide much (POB was a project when drafted).

So you expected Monta Ellis to contribute as much as Ike Diogu? Honestly?

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:53 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
~W~ wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

So you expected Monta Ellis to contribute as much as Ike Diogu? Honestly?

no... are you saying Monta Ellis plays the same position as Ike Diogu and have similar skill sets? Honestly?

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:01 am
look, i guess we can go back and forth about this... but what i'm trying to say is that Perovic is probably going to be in the NBDL similar to POB in his first year, developing his skill sets and adding weight... Learning to play in the NBA...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:05 am
~W~ wrote:look, i guess we can go back and forth about this... but what i'm trying to say is that Perovic is probably going to be in the NBDL similar to POB in his first year, developing his skill sets and adding weight... Learning to play in the NBA...

I agree with you on that. :wink:

What I dont agree with is having the same expectations of a second round pick as you do on a first round pick. There is a reason they are second round picks.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:23 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
~W~ wrote:look, i guess we can go back and forth about this... but what i'm trying to say is that Perovic is probably going to be in the NBDL similar to POB in his first year, developing his skill sets and adding weight... Learning to play in the NBA...

What I dont agree with is having the same expectations of a second round pick as you do on a first round pick. There is a reason they are second round picks.

I was hoping we found us a Carlos Boozer or a Paul Milsap in the second round... I can DREAM hehe
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:23 am
~W~ wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

I was hoping we found us a Carlos Boozer or a Paul Milsap in the second round... I can DREAM hehe

His name is Stephane Lasme. :mrgreen:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:29 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
~W~ wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

Of course and it would of been nice to see him play some of Pat Burke's minutes last night
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:33 am
~W~ wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
~W~ wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

Of course and it would of been nice to see him play some of Pat Burke's minutes last night

I really dont want us to play the old guys instead of young guys like Lasme and Wright, and even Perovic, see what he's got.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:49 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I really dont want us to play the old guys instead of young guys like Lasme and Wright, and even Perovic, see what he's got.

yup, then again... I certainly dont have the qualification to second guess Nelly... :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:50 am
~W~ wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I really dont want us to play the old guys instead of young guys like Lasme and Wright, and even Perovic, see what he's got.

yup, then again... I certainly dont have the qualification to second guess Nelly... :wink:

Hey, we're fans, that is what we do. :mrgreen:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:55 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
~W~ wrote:

Hey, we're fans, that is what we do. :mrgreen:

YOU KNOW IT!
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:34 pm
Do we know in what manner POB went 5 from 6? I feel good about the kid. And Kobe seems to have his typical little phase where he pretends to be a creator, turns it over all the time, exposes the rest of the Lakers for the non-scoring role-players they are, and probably ends up disenchanted with everything (more so) real soon.
Previous

Return to Game Threads