49ers vs Raiders

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:24 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
d1mex wrote:i now officially believe that the Raiders will have a better record than the 49ers.

as i previously stated :)

The Niners do have a tougher schedule, but I dont think that the Raiders are as good as their record. They have beated two really bad teams, and most games wont let you do what they did to Miami, in running the ball every time.

The Raiders will have six. Niners will have seven or eight.

Honestly I think the Raiders schedule is tougher. Raiders play the Chargers, Broncos, Colts, Bears, Texans, Packers, Jaguars, and Titans, plus the Chiefs twice.

Yeah we beat two bad teams, but so did you. You beat the Rams and the Cardinals. Nothing special.

However I think we can all agree that the Raiders are sooooooooooo much better than last year. Their O-Line is solid. Running game is solid. Passing game is pretty good. Defense is not as good as last year but okay so far.

Niners need drastic help on offense. Your offense is almost as bad as ours was last year. The defense is super solid though.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:02 pm
d1mex wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
d1mex wrote:i now officially believe that the Raiders will have a better record than the 49ers.

The Niners do have a tougher schedule, but I dont think that the Raiders are as good as their record. They have beated two really bad teams, and most games wont let you do what they did to Miami, in running the ball every time.

Honestly I think the Raiders schedule is tougher. Raiders play the Chargers, Broncos, Colts, Bears, Texans, Packers, Jaguars, and Titans, plus the Chiefs twice.

Yeah we beat two bad teams, but so did you. You beat the Rams and the Cardinals. Nothing special.

However I think we can all agree that the Raiders are sooooooooooo much better than last year. Their O-Line is solid. Running game is solid. Passing game is pretty good. Defense is not as good as last year but okay so far.

Niners need drastic help on offense. Your offense is almost as bad as ours was last year. The defense is super solid though.

Ask any Niner fan, and they will tell you that they arent glad with how we've been playing. In all fairness, though, the Cards are in first place. You beat the Browns and the Dolphins.... The Raiders are better than last year, but I'm still not willing to say that they are anything above average. Honestly, I think that the tools on offense are there, we just need the right system to work in.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:13 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
d1mex wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

Ask any Niner fan, and they will tell you that they arent glad with how we've been playing. In all fairness, though, the Cards are in first place. You beat the Browns and the Dolphins.... The Raiders are better than last year, but I'm still not willing to say that they are anything above average. Honestly, I think that the tools on offense are there, we just need the right system to work in.

I agree. They arent an above average team...yet. I think they are a .500 team at best right now.

And for the Niners, you basically have to same offense that you had last year + Jackson + Lelie (whos not playing for some reason). So it should be improved. Bottom Line: Hostler has to go.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:26 pm
d1mex wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
d1mex wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

And for the Niners, you basically have to same offense that you had last year + Jackson + Lelie (whos not playing for some reason). So it should be improved. Bottom Line: Hostler has to go.

Holy crap! Someone agrees with me on this! I dont understand why this offense doesnt work.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:30 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
d1mex wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
d1mex wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

Holy crap! Someone agrees with me on this! I dont understand why this offense doesnt work.

It's simple... we miss Norv and want Hostler's head. There's no other possibility. No way am I going to believe that our offense is this bad when we're under a new coordinator who was QB's coach. Only reason Manusky is succeeding as d-coordinator because Nolan is an ex d-coor. himself.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:46 am
d1mex wrote:Honestly I think the Raiders schedule is tougher. Raiders play the Chargers, Broncos, Colts, Bears, Texans, Packers, Jaguars, and Titans, plus the Chiefs twice.

I can see no more than 3 wins there for the Raiders.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:28 am
TMC wrote:
d1mex wrote:Honestly I think the Raiders schedule is tougher. Raiders play the Chargers, Broncos, Colts, Bears, Texans, Packers, Jaguars, and Titans, plus the Chiefs twice.

Excuse Me???
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:41 am
d1mex wrote:
TMC wrote:

Excuse Me???

Game by game:

at San Diego.- L
vs KC Chiefs.- W
at Tennesse.- L
vs Texans.- W/L
vs Bears.- L
at Minny.- W/L
at KC.- L
vs Denver.- W/L
at Packers.- W/L
vs Indy.- L
at Jacksonville.- L
vs San Diego.- L

That's one win, 4 games you can either win or lose (so let's suppose you get half of them) and that's 3 wins. It certainly can be over that, but not by much.

Also, the last 3 games are sure losses, unless the Chargers decide to rest their starters for the playoffs. In that case, you could add another win there...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:04 am
TMC wrote:
d1mex wrote:
TMC wrote:

Excuse Me???

Game by game:

at San Diego.- L
vs KC Chiefs.- W
at Tennesse.- L
vs Texans.- W/L
vs Bears.- L
at Minny.- W/L
at KC.- L
vs Denver.- W/L
at Packers.- W/L
vs Indy.- L
at Jacksonville.- L
vs San Diego.- L

That's one win, 4 games you can either win or lose (so let's suppose you get half of them) and that's 3 wins. It certainly can be over that, but not by much.

Also, the last 3 games are sure losses, unless the Chargers decide to rest their starters for the playoffs. I

In that case, you could add another win there...

I dont see them beating Denver at home or Green Bay AT Green Bay.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:15 pm
So, Pawno, how about those Raiders, that you said would win by two touchdowns?

You got your rushing offense, and defense in general exposed by playing a good team.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:19 pm
The Raiders NEVER beat divisional opponents. There's a reason why they're 0-16 the past 16 divisional games. LT ALWAYS runs wild over the Raiders hence why went for the trifecta today and succeeded. The Raiders ARE STILL the Raiders. Welcome to the 3rd place with the Niners.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:51 am
xbaywarrior wrote:The Raiders NEVER beat divisional opponents. There's a reason why they're 0-16 the past 16 divisional games. LT ALWAYS runs wild over the Raiders hence why went for the trifecta today and succeeded. The Raiders ARE STILL the Raiders. Welcome to the 3rd place with the Niners.

Homerism always bites you in the ass. The Raiders are not a bad team, but they still are a long way from being able to beat a contender like San Diego, much less in San Diego.

Best thing for the Raiders this year is the LB play. Howard and Morrison have been really impressive, and they have a nice foundation there for the future. Lane Kiffin looks like a good coach, too (might be a bit biased here, being Monte's son. I really hope he does well).

But the truth is they're still two years away from being able to be playoff contenders. They're in that spot that allows you to win against bad teams but still can't against the top ones.
Previous

Return to Sports Board