Pre-Season Rematch Warriors Laker 2 Tonight

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Will The Warriors WIN it again?

100%
Yes
10
No votes
No

Total votes: 10

User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5705
» Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:37 pm
~W~ wrote:Wright and POB starting tonight... no Monta or AB though...


Good. Glad to see Wright out there. His first game as a Warrior.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3074
» Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:45 am
Azu with 22 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, and a block. B-Wright with only 4 points and 4 rebounds in 16 minutes of play.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21907
» Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:32 am
Azu another great game, really making the SG selection competitive. Belinelli also a nice game but the three isn't happening for him a whole lot.

Pietrus a pearler of a game and he left with a strained back in the third quater so could have been even better than he was! :wink:
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3074
» Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:22 am
migya wrote:Azu another great game, really making the SG selection competitive. Belinelli also a nice game but the three isn't happening for him a whole lot.

Pietrus a pearler of a game and he left with a strained back in the third quater so could have been even better than he was! :wink:


That's his thing. Occasionally he'll have a good game... but he's inconsistent to the extreme.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21907
» Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:32 am
JayPat wrote:
migya wrote:Azu another great game, really making the SG selection competitive. Belinelli also a nice game but the three isn't happening for him a whole lot.

Pietrus a pearler of a game and he left with a strained back in the third quater so could have been even better than he was! :wink:


That's his thing. Occasionally he'll have a good game... but he's inconsistent to the extreme.



My thing with Pietrus is that he showed he can play within his ability enough last season and he is a ROLE player definately. He is a good fit next to baron and Biedrins. If Azu and Belinelli can stay within the system and not try to be the one creating all the time, as that is Baron's job more than anyone else's, Pietrus is expendable ofcourse
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:34 am
migya wrote:Pietrus is expendable ofcourse


That's where we agree. :wink:

We have enough depth at SG/SF to not have to pay for a role player like Pietrus.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21907
» Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:45 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Pietrus is expendable ofcourse


That's where we agree. :wink:

We have enough depth at SG/SF to not have to pay for a role player like Pietrus.



That depth will only be assured when Belinelli, Azu and even Hudson produce consistently and it is too early to see if they will. Season hasn't even started! Pietrus will get opportunity at SF anyway, especially while SJackson is injured. Pietrus is a good role player for the team and that makes him good enough. If he starts being a forgotten man, he will be more than expendable

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
» Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:18 am
Sjax injured???? you mean while he is serving his suspension?
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21907
» Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:24 am
~W~ wrote:Sjax injured???? you mean while he is serving his suspension?


Yea :wink:

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
» Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:35 am
Perovic = Last year POB??? anyways, Lasme filled up the stat line in limited play if you ask me.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5705
» Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:53 am
~W~ wrote:Perovic = Last year POB??? anyways, Lasme filled up the stat line in limited play if you ask me.


Hey, now, dont compare Perovic and Patrick O'Bryant. Patrick was a top ten pick, expected to do some big things for the team. You cant expect a second round pick to do the same things, and contribute in the same way as a lottery pick. Might he be just like Patrick O'Bryant, yeah, but it wont be the end of the world. If Patrick O'Bryant of this year plays like Patrick O'Bryant of last year, we are going to have some issues.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
» Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:41 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
~W~ wrote:Perovic = Last year POB??? anyways, Lasme filled up the stat line in limited play if you ask me.


Hey, now, dont compare Perovic and Patrick O'Bryant. Patrick was a top ten pick, expected to do some big things for the team. You cant expect a second round pick to do the same things, and contribute in the same way as a lottery pick. Might he be just like Patrick O'Bryant, yeah, but it wont be the end of the world. If Patrick O'Bryant of this year plays like Patrick O'Bryant of last year, we are going to have some issues.


Why can't I compare Euro POB to the da real POB? From a development standpoint, its very much comparable... Perovic will probably be in the NBDL similar to POB. He will probably be ask to get more aggressive and bulk up...

its not the end of the world, and POB of this yr has already shown he have improved... last year we didn't see much of his potential this year he is giving us glimpse of what to expect, which is quality minutes...
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5705
» Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:49 am
~W~ wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
~W~ wrote:Perovic = Last year POB??? anyways, Lasme filled up the stat line in limited play if you ask me.


Hey, now, dont compare Perovic and Patrick O'Bryant. Patrick was a top ten pick, expected to do some big things for the team. You cant expect a second round pick to do the same things, and contribute in the same way as a lottery pick. Might he be just like Patrick O'Bryant, yeah, but it wont be the end of the world. If Patrick O'Bryant of this year plays like Patrick O'Bryant of last year, we are going to have some issues.


Why can't I compare Euro POB to the da real POB? From a development standpoint, its very much comparable... Perovic will probably be in the NBDL similar to POB. He will probably be ask to get more aggressive and bulk up...

its not the end of the world, and POB of this yr has already shown he have improved... last year we didn't see much of his potential this year he is giving us glimpse of what to expect, which is quality minutes...


Comparing a second round pick to a first round pick isnt fair. If POB was a second round pick, then he wouldnt be blasted as much, but he wasnt, and he needs to step up his game. No one is expecting anything out of Perovic, and anything that he brings to the game is gravy.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
» Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:06 am
I simply see it as comparing POB to KP... that simple. I'm purely looking at what they bring to the table and what their game is about. Where they are drafted is irrelvant in my book because players drafted high in first round doesnt always equate to a stud and players draft low in the second round doesnt always equate to a dud.

I am simply looking at two 7 footers who plays when they first enter the NBA was simply not ready. Like POB, KP will most likely spend his first season in NBDL...
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5705
» Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:09 am
~W~ wrote:I simply see it as comparing POB to KP... that simple. I'm purely looking at what they bring to the table and what their game is about. Where they are drafted is irrelvant in my book because players drafted high in first round doesnt always equate to a stud and players draft low in the second round doesnt always equate to a dud.

I am simply looking at two 7 footers who plays when they first enter the NBA was simply not ready. Like POB, KP will most likely spend his first season in NBDL...


Well, no doubt that Perovic will be in the NBDL this year, but will you admit that for the most part, you expect more out of a first round pick than a second round pick? That is what I'm saying, that you cant compare them at this point in their careers.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests