NBA Live 06 or 2K6

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Which NBA game you will spend yoru time in?

NBA Live 2006
63%
NBA 2K6
25%
Both of them
13%
None of them
No votes

Total votes : 8

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:55 am
Just curious which NBA game you guys play.
I play Live cause most of my friends play Live.

Go Warriors!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:18 am
See, I'll admit, I've been unfaithful to NBA Live ONCE in the past decade... and I'll never go back to Sega's brand of basketball. I love Live's graphics, controls, features, and the new Freestyle controls are off the f*cking hook!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:21 pm
NBA Live is the best basketball sim there is. I have played so many 2k series games where you dunk and your hands hang in the mid air.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:12 am
I pick 2K6 all the way...
check out these screen shots. also check ot the trailer... 100% in game graphics.. And to correct a previous post 2k series always rate higher than NBA LIVE. Check IGN, GamePro, Electronic gaming monthly, ect....
Remember this is just my opinion, Im not trying to start any kind of stupid debate. Play both and decide for yourself..
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/747/ ... mgs_1.html
One F'ing year and thats it. F*ck!
http://www.myspace.com/djheebee
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:48 am
... rated higher? There's no "stupid debate" going on, but starting into 2005 (when Live introduced Freestyle Control) Live began getting higher ratings than the 2K series. The 2K series was only ahead in ratings for about 2 or 3 years. Live's always been rated higher, generally, espeically in the past 2 years.

Btw, those graphics are misleading because they are shot from the XBox 360 (a next generation system that isn't out yet). Most screens people will see regarding NBA Live will be off a PS2 or an XBox console, so those screen shots may actually be irrelevant. Just wanted to bring it to your attention. :)

These graphics from a normal XBox would probably be more relevant:
http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/740/740966/imgs_1.html

These are the NBA Live graphics to compare (still on XBox):
http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/740/740958/imgs_1.html

It's just my opinion, but I think NBA Live's graphics are way better.

But I do agree that playing both makes the decision easier. It worked for me and I totally love the game that I bought. It's all a matter of personal preference.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:34 am
well.. to me those pictures are not misleading. as i dont plan on wasting my money on the ps2 or xbox version when the xbox 360 is right around the corner...
Weird Fact
The folks at EA, during my brief stint there were mostly 2K fans. We used to play NFL and NBA 2K5 during lunch time. No one there was impressed with the ALL Star weekend and freestyle control..

One thing I do give to EA is their advertisements. 2K commercials suck...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:34 pm
That's very interesting that no one would be interested in their own new ideas... I don't know if I buy it.

I can't wait for next gen systems, either, but I can't live without my NBA game, so I went ahead and bought it before PS3 hits shelves (that's the system I plan on buying).
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:43 pm
PS3 is gonna kick arse.. we definetly gotta play either NBA game online when it comes out.. Only problem is who's gonna be the Warriors....???? As we all are the hardcore..

That's very interesting that no one would be interested in their own new ideas... I don't know if I buy it.

This was for last years LIVE. I forgot where the game was produced but we had early versions of the game come by our way. I was then testing LOTR The third Age(barff) and Battlefield 2(two thumbs up by the way).
Last edited by CouldItBTheChad on Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:45 pm
That's the problem me and my friends have... we made an agreement that no one can be the Warriors the first game and whomever wins that first game gets to be them until they get beat! Haha!

BTW, Chad, that's an awesome icon picture you got!

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:30 pm
ive been faithfull to live since it first started lakers vs celtics was the game....i think... but live's lost its touch recently... i hate the x button/special move thingy... but when freestyle controll first came out that shiot was off tha rickter. 2k has always sucked period, i dont care what ratings they give that god awfull game. they just need someone to get inventive and come out with a new more realistic game. hows live 06 by the way can you still block anything and is it still soo easy to score or have they made it any harder and closer to a real simulation.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:20 pm
No, blocking is harder this time around (even for so-called "inside stoppers"). And, yes, the game is definately more realistic; players perform amazingly like themselves. Superstars stand out more and role players only come out and shine every once and a while (like in real life). It's great.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:26 pm
I dont know about the 2k6, but in 05 2k5 had better gameplay, yet its dynasty mode sucked ass compared with nba live

One thing I have noticed in live 06 is the horrible mistakes made on their rosters - people who signed in july are on wrong teams.. It's stupid
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:40 am
I played NBA Live 06 last night and what I found is it is now harder to block and steal. Which I think is a good thing cause this makes the game more realistic.
However, I am so disappointed on two things so far for Live 06.
First, the score showing sucks that all numbers look like a 6, 8, 9 and 0.
Second, the roster is so old that FInely is still a Mav, Gary Payton a Celt, and Christie still is a Magic.

But the gameplay remains all right. I will try 2k6 soon and see what will I choose to start a dynasty mode.
Go Warriors!!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:08 am
Gameplay is simply an opinion... it's really different for everybody. I personally enjoyed Live's gameplay last season better than 2K5's because I can't stand the way they dunk the ball without emotion, have free throws impossible to make with anyone who shoots less than 60%, and lack a serious midrange game. All gameplay aside, I can't stand playing without a decent dynasty mode, so Live was the better choice regardless for me.

And as far as the roster's concerned... it's not too hard to hook your PS2 or XBox up to the internet and download roster updates. Even if you don't have an internet connection, I signed Van Exel and Finley while playing as the Spurs. It's not that big of a deal to me. Live's roster updates are only accurate of August 4, 2005. Their game was released first and they missed the last two months of the offseason; of course there are going to be some last minute signs and trades. It's like trades that happen during the season; what do you do when that happens?

And I agree with the lighting problems regarding the numbers (specifically hard to tell an 8 from a 6), however, they only seem to be present in Playstation 2 graphics (which happens to be my system... dammit!)... my buddy with an XBox is totally free of them. But, regardless of how hard the text is to read, I found that I've gotten used to it after a couple days of playing. After a while, what really matters is what happens during the games. And nothing's more satisfying that knocking Brad Miller over with a slam to the face, nuts in his grill, 2-time 2-time champion windmill from Jason Richardson (courtesy of Freestyle controls for a High Flyer!). You won't find Freestyle controls anywhere but in EA games!

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:41 pm
NBA LIVE all the way.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball