Rattay
13%
Smith
88%

Total votes : 8

Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:32 pm
Not that it matters, since Manning is going to light up the scoreboard, but who should start this week?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:49 am
After how Rattay performed yesterday, I'd give it to Alex Smith. Let the kid show what he's got before subbing him for Tim. He can't do any worse?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:48 pm
Player32 wrote:After how Rattay performed yesterday, I'd give it to Alex Smith. Let the kid show what he's got before subbing him for Tim. He can't do any worse?

no kidding, only the defense scored and rattay sucked. But if you watched the end of the game then you would know Alex Smith didn't do any better.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:34 pm
Bdavis_Jrich_fan wrote:
Player32 wrote:After how Rattay performed yesterday, I'd give it to Alex Smith. Let the kid show what he's got before subbing him for Tim. He can't do any worse?

no kidding, only the defense scored and rattay sucked. But if you watched the end of the game then you would know Alex Smith didn't do any better.

alex smith is aweful. every game whether the preseason, or regular season, he has played bad. I think that although rattay hasnt been playing well, he atleast is more knowledable then Smith. And if Rattay is struggling again, then once again put Smith in later on.

BTW, its all about the Raiders!!!!
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:48 am
ajcardenas123 wrote:
Bdavis_Jrich_fan wrote:

alex smith is aweful. every game whether the preseason, or regular season, he has played bad. I think that although rattay hasnt been playing well, he atleast is more knowledable then Smith. And if Rattay is struggling again, then once again put Smith in later on.

BTW, its all about the Raiders!!!!

Eli Manning was worse than aweful last year but look at him now. Plus what is the point of starting rattay and winning six games this year.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:55 am
Enough of this "I quote you, you quote me" crap... it's making me dizzy...

Alex Smith may not be a superstar out of college, but give him a year to develop! The alternative would be starting Rattay on (probably) the Niners hardest schedule in 5 years and only winning 4 games! Developing Alex Smith into a league quarterback would seem like the better option to me. Without Mike Rumph or Julian Peterson, the 49ers defense isn't going to be pulling San Fransisco into the playoffs (regardless of how awesome Bryant Young is... and he is).
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:15 am
Player32 wrote:Enough of this "I quote you, you quote me" crap... it's making me dizzy...

Funny ****.

But I dont want Smith to face the Indy & Wash defense in his first two times out, it could break his spirit for the rest of the year.(cause he will get hit in the mouth over and over again.)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:16 pm
Well, we can frequently sub Tim Rattay in and out of the game. I'm just saying that we should definately get Smith developed as soon as we can.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:05 pm
HelloNewman100 wrote:
Eli Manning was worse than aweful last year but look at him now. Plus what is the point of starting rattay and winning six games this year.

HelloNewman100 wrote:
Funny ****.

But I dont want Smith to face the Indy & Wash defense in his first two times out, it could break his spirit for the rest of the year.(cause he will get hit in the mouth over and over again.)

so wats your stand on this? dp u want smith to start or what? u say two different things.......but manning didnt start til later in the saeson. thats how smith shall start
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:52 pm
It sounds like he understands the importance of development... ie, not throwing Alex Smith to the wolves during games like the Colts and the Skins... but he'd rather have Rattay on the bench... that's how I took it, at least. I'd agree with it, too, actually.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:28 pm
smith did do better than rattay when he came in last game. They started to move the ball, and then gore had that stupid fumble... i think they should give him a shot, cause rattay played bad, even though it's not all his fault...clement got lit up, we need jennings back.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:49 pm
ajcardenas123 wrote:
HelloNewman100 wrote:

HelloNewman100 wrote:
Funny ****.

so wats your stand on this? dp u want smith to start or what? u say two different things.......but manning didnt start til later in the saeson. thats how smith shall start

I dont know if I want smith to start against two of the top 5 defenses in the league, to start his career. This could give him happy feet for the rest of the year. But the fan in me also wants to see him play.

Player32 seems to know what I am talking about, even more than me.
I am really torn apart on this issue and basically like u said aj, I dont know. :dontknow:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:10 pm
Hahahahaha, gotta say, I've never seen that smiley before. And, yes, I have the uncanny ability to know what people think even if they're not thinking what I think they're thinking what I think they think. Get it?
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:05 pm
Player32 wrote:Hahahahaha, gotta say, I've never seen that smiley before. And, yes, I have the uncanny ability to know what people think even if they're not thinking what I think they're thinking what I think they think. Get it?

I think I know what u are trying to make me think about what u are actually thinking. Get it? God I hope not, cause even I don't know, but if I dont know what I am thinking then u must know what I am thinking cause you have that thinking ability.

Please dont reply because it blows my mind just thinking about it. :crazy:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:11 pm
Yes, my head is cracking, too. Best to just drop it now before we go too far!
Next

Return to Sports Board