College Football

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:43 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
slicksteven wrote:oh, best of luck transferring here, hope u can do it

and yeah cal will probably be #3, since #7 also went down so we're not gonna get leapfrogged by another team. its exciting, but the truth is that we're not really deserving of that high a rank. we basically got it handed to us on a silver platter, teams just kept losing and letting us swap spots with them. i just hope we wont lose to a bad team in the next few weeks and give up our #3 spot. pretty sure it will happen though, college football is the sport of unpredictable upsets

I can easily get into Cal if that is where I decide to go. Like Xbay said, I'm a sophomore. :wink:

My opinion, in college football, it doesnt matter how you get it done, as long as you get results. Cal needs to pray that LSU gets beat by Florida now, and they will be number two. The top two teams would be Pac-Ten teams, and all those damn media guys that look at the Pac-Ten like they are a freak show, and love the SEC, they can bite themselves.

Honestly, I do think that Cal is a beatable team to one of those Arizona schools, maybe Washington, as well. If they look at every game as they will look at the 'SC game, they should be okay. What they cant start doing is start day dreaming, their mind is in the USC game while they are playing Arizona State, because that is when they will lose.

Those media guys are most likely east coast biased. The Pac-10 is always up for grabs. People think USC is one of the most dominant, they're still human. They are just as vulnerable as anyone else. Look what happened last year against Oregon State.

Cal can still lose to Arizona St or Washington. Just use the Bill Belichick excuse, keep focus on the next game. Nothing else.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:40 pm
Fricken USC. Getting beat by Stanford. That was the most unrealistic ending I have ever seen. I hate USC, mainly because their fans dont know what it feels like to lose. They are always stuck up, and I want them to now look back and say, "Holy hell, we just lost to Stanford."

With a little help from Florida, Cal can be the top team in the country.... holy fricken crap!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:24 pm
Close game between LSU/Florida. Darn... Oh well.

Cal's ranked second and I'm fine with that.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:45 pm
I still cant believe: University of California.... 2nd in the nation.

I bet that you can go to any east coast sports fan and ask them to name two starters on Cal, you would hear DeShawn Jackson, and that is it. Forsett and Longshore are so underrated, and Jahvid Best is the next Reggie Bush.

You know that it is a real east coast biased when U. of Miami (FL) is getting more TV time than Cal.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:52 pm
I wouldn't be surprised. Saying the Pac-10 gets deserved attention nationally is like saying there's never any crime done in Oakland.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:05 pm
The Pac-Ten is the second best conference behind the SEC.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:11 pm
Fricken Cal. What the hell is that QB doing? That was the stupidest play I've ever seen. Throw the damn ball out of bounds, and we kick the field goal. Go to overtime, and beat them there. Jesus.....

There goes the season. Holiday Bowl bound.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:34 pm
Damnit... :banghead:

I'm so pissed. Can't believe it. Wonder how fall we'll fall. To think... we could've been ranked first. To think... both LSU and Cal fall on the same weekend.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:55 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:Damnit... :banghead:

I'm so pissed. Can't believe it. Wonder how fall we'll fall. To think... we could've been ranked first. To think... both LSU and Cal fall on the same weekend.

I hate that Ohio State is now number one beating Akron, Kent State, Miami U, teams like that. They are a joke. :|

Cal has lately been losing easy games, and that is their problem. Again this year.

I say they will drop to ten.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:28 pm
Ohio State didn't even face any big threats last year. Michigan and Texas were alright last year.

Cal still has a shot at some BCS game, it's just a matter of going undefeated and having some of those teams lose ahead of 'em.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:32 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:Ohio State didn't even face any big threats last year. Michigan and Texas were alright last year.

Cal still has a shot at some BCS game, it's just a matter of going undefeated and having some of those teams lose ahead of 'em.

No respect now. They wont get a January game, I will tell you that much.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:34 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:Ohio State didn't even face any big threats last year. Michigan and Texas were alright last year.

No respect now. They wont get a January game, I will tell you that much.

Yes they will... it's called the Holiday Bowl. :banghead:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:58 pm
****ing Cal. This team pisses the **** out of me. They ****ing blow it every single god dam year. FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:15 pm
Damn, everytime I miss their game they lose. That's been the trend for the past 3 years.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:52 pm
My tip for you: dont miss the god damn games!
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board