8%
7. Fuk Biedrins off, no jump shot, no love
No votes

Total votes : 12

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:17 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:What teams will have 10 million in cap space?

For next year?.

It depends on the final figures, but the T'Wolves will have around $20 million, Utah be around 10 million (although they have their own re-signing to do). Memphis also will have around 10 million, the Hawks will have around 15 (only Joe Johnson is highly paid. The rest of their guys are playing on their rookie contracts). The Bobcats will have almost 30 (although they have to re-sign Okafor). The Bulls will have around 20 (pending on options they might or might not take. They also have to re-sign Deng and Gordon), the Sixers will have around 15 (Webber, and his 19 million contract, is out of the books by next season)...

A few more might be well under the cap with a couple of trades (like the Sonics, who would be around 12 million under if they're able to trade Wilcox for expirers).

This year's figure is around 55 million, so I'm assuming something similar.

though I can see two or three teams being at least 10 million under the cap, most of the other teams will resign their young players and not be under the cap. Nowadays, the team that has the player coming out of contract has a much better chance of keeping and holds more power. Whether Biedrins gets resigned now or next offseason won't be much different

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:39 pm
EMan32 wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:But like I said above, are you willing to take the risk to give a guy 10, 12 million dollars for not really proving himself?

if thats the case then we shoulda just dealt him along with harrington and others to get kg. its already decided that we wanna keep biedrins and that he's proven enough to the warriors that he is our future. why take a chance at him going to free agency to get more money out of us or leave us for another team? like CjR said, 10 mill for bout 4 years. if yall are really that concerned about his future (which none of you were til now) then have a 5th year team option.

That’s such a great point, Eman32. I think everyone is already high on Biedrins. (We’ve been frugal in preparation for him, and also for Monta.) Biedrins, other than Baron, is pretty much the last guy we’d give up—and not even for freakin’ KG, like you said, so we already know what we have in him and he's a major part of our plans. 10 mil (for 4 or even 5) for being one of the best already at his position at his age is a safe gamble—even if he just improves just bit more from last year. But I think he's yet to blow up even more, especially if we begin to look for him in the post.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:45 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Mullin can always work a sign and trade next offseason so no problems as he won't be lost for nothing.

Not if a team with enough cap-space signs him to a big offer we're not willing to match. It'd be much easier in Monta's case, but we're talking about a center here. Amounts are much bigger when it comes to centers.

What teams will have 10 million in cap space?

miami will have been relieved of jason williams' 9 million and Zo will likely retire. who knows if shaq will play another season. i could see miami swooping on biedrins EASILY.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:44 am
EMan32 wrote:miami will have been relieved of jason williams' 9 million and Zo will likely retire. who knows if shaq will play another season. i could see miami swooping on biedrins EASILY.

They won't have the required cap-space. Even with those moves, Miami's payroll is guaranteed for $54 million next year, and that's only counting Wade, Walker, Haslem and Shaq (no matter if he plays, his contract stays on the cap, unless he's traded).

It would have to be in a sign-and-trade, and I can't see our front office agreeing to it.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:58 am
coltraning wrote:I'd wait til next summer. If he turns out to be the star some already think he is, then match offers, but I'd like to see some sign of shooting touch beyond 2 feet and the ability to not get knocked off the block on offensive boards, prior to committing huge dollars. he had a great first 2 months of the season, but everyone figured out he was an offensive liability ala Ben Wallace by the playoffs. Now if he shows he can board and play D like Ben W that will be worth the big bucks.

to be able to play D like ben wallace is wishful thinking for anyone. he's not as much a liability as ben wallace. big ben's points come from put backs and offensive rebounding. baron is too good a pg and creates for others, so no one on the warriors (now) is an offensive liability. biedrins has also added moves to his arsenal; if you watch the games he played over the summer on youtube, you'll see that. if we wait til next summer then we wont be able to match just anyones offer...i say extend him now while its cheap, since it is already decided that he is the future of this franchise.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:45 pm
wait for belinelli...he has that offense liability....when we look at the training video every time they let marco a little bit space, marco hit the 3's and they said shi7.....hahahahaha
we have that player can rely on...especially for the 3's...'beyond the arc' or 'from downtown'... :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:51 pm
William_GSW wrote:wait for belinelli...he has that offense liability....when we look at the training video every time they let marco a little bit space, marco hit the 3's and they said shi7.....hahahahaha
we have that player can rely on...especially for the 3's...'beyond the arc' or 'from downtown'... :wink:

Liability not ability :-)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:29 pm
cladden wrote:
William_GSW wrote:wait for belinelli...he has that offense liability....when we look at the training video every time they let marco a little bit space, marco hit the 3's and they said shi7.....hahahahaha

You mean ability not liability :wink:

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:41 pm
migya wrote:
cladden wrote:

Well. In a sense. But the topic was whether anyone was a liability so I was kinda implying that we were talking about liability not ability. No biggie either way :-)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:48 pm
cladden wrote:
migya wrote:
cladden wrote:

Well. In a sense. But the topic was whether anyone was a liability so I was kinda implying that we were talking about liability not ability. No biggie either way :-)

Don't think Belinelli is an offensive liability but could defensive one

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:01 am
migya wrote:Don't think Belinelli is an offensive liability but could defensive one

Yeah, but only due to a lack of focus. He can be an adequate defender... if he wants to.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:37 pm
Well I mean it depends...

Biedrins should be paid accordingly to his performance on this season. Just don't know if the Warriors want him to become a RFA.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Previous

Return to News Articles