6. Next offseason but give no more than 10 million a year
8%
7. Fuk Biedrins off, no jump shot, no love
No votes

Total votes : 12

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:31 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:But like I said above, are you willing to take the risk to give a guy 10, 12 million dollars for not really proving himself?

if thats the case then we shoulda just dealt him along with harrington and others to get kg. its already decided that we wanna keep biedrins and that he's proven enough to the warriors that he is our future. why take a chance at him going to free agency to get more money out of us or leave us for another team? like CjR said, 10 mill for bout 4 years. if yall are really that concerned about his future (which none of you were til now) then have a 5th year team option.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 pm
William_GSW wrote:give him 10M and one big house in BayArea....that's it :mrgreen:

High ceilings, don't forget high ceilings :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:04 am
EMan32 wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:But like I said above, are you willing to take the risk to give a guy 10, 12 million dollars for not really proving himself?

if thats the case then we shoulda just dealt him along with harrington and others to get kg. its already decided that we wanna keep biedrins and that he's proven enough to the warriors that he is our future. why take a chance at him going to free agency to get more money out of us or leave us for another team? like CjR said, 10 mill for bout 4 years. if yall are really that concerned about his future (which none of you were til now) then have a 5th year team option.

Thanks for kicking me and sfsf in the nuts and head :-o
You make great points and it is very plausible to go for Biedrins now for the reason that he is a keeper and that is what Mullin will most likely do over the next four weeks. My thing is that even if it costs an extra 2 million a year, it is good to see what Biedrins does this season AND if the team system uses him enough or goes small far more often, as that is what worked in the late season run last season

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:43 am
dont get me wrong...i understand you guys' point completely...i just dont think we should chance it. if biedrins endds up with another team im gonna hate mullin forever...

...or until he brings dwight howard and gerald wallace over here while still keeping baron, jax, and monta :mrgreen:
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:16 am
migya wrote:The difference in signing Biedrins now or next offseason is marginal, nothing major

The difference can be of 2-3 million per year... that's a lot. That may be between 10-13 million for the duration of his contract. And we have other re-signings to address, so we can't just wait to see what happens. I mean, if we wait, it will cost the team more money. That's pretty clear at this point.

I'd rather sign Beans right now and wait a year to sign Monta and/or extend Baron.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:39 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:The difference in signing Biedrins now or next offseason is marginal, nothing major

The difference can be of 2-3 million per year... that's a lot. That may be between 10-13 million for the duration of his contract. And we have other re-signings to address, so we can't just wait to see what happens. I mean, if we wait, it will cost the team more money. That's pretty clear at this point.

I'd rather sign Beans right now and wait a year to sign Monta and/or extend Baron.

I think 2-3 million more a year isn't significant when being more sure about a key player at the hardest to fill position

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:40 am
EMan32 wrote:dont get me wrong...i understand you guys' point completely...i just dont think we should chance it. if biedrins endds up with another team im gonna hate mullin forever...

...or until he brings dwight howard and gerald wallace over here while still keeping baron, jax, and monta :mrgreen:

Salary cap will be 80 million by then? :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:43 am
migya wrote:I think 2-3 million more a year isn't significant when being more sure about a key player at the hardest to fill position

Yeah, but in case we're over the luxury tax, those 2-3 million become 4-6 million when it comes to new signings (or re-signings). It's not only about Beans contract... it's about the whole roster.

Also, at this point we're pretty sure Beans is no Foyle. It woudn't be a terrible signing even if he doesn't improve over his last season (which I'm willing to bet won't be the case).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:52 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I think 2-3 million more a year isn't significant when being more sure about a key player at the hardest to fill position

Yeah, but in case we're over the luxury tax, those 2-3 million become 4-6 million when it comes to new signings (or re-signings). It's not only about Beans contract... it's about the whole roster.

Also, at this point we're pretty sure Beans is no Foyle. It woudn't be a terrible signing even if he doesn't improve over his last season (which I'm willing to bet won't be the case).

I almost totally sure Biedrins will only get better than what he has already showed but not only would it be nice to see that for one more season but also, the team has shown great play with small lineup, without Biedrins. I'm not sure what Nelson has planned but he could go to a small lineup much more after last season's late success with that ineup and so not use Biedrins that much. If that is the case, no point paying Biedrins over 10 million for playing alot less than 30mins a game

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:03 am
migya wrote:I almost totally sure Biedrins will only get better than what he has already showed but not only would it be nice to see that for one more season but also, the team has shown great play with small lineup, without Biedrins. I'm not sure what Nelson has planned but he could go to a small lineup much more after last season's late success with that ineup and so not use Biedrins that much. If that is the case, no point paying Biedrins over 10 million for playing alot less than 30mins a game

In that case, he's as good as gone. And with no compensation at all, as we wouldn't match an offer exceeding those 10 million. Something he's gonna get for sure from a team that needs a center badly (which covers almost any team in the league).

There's no reason to wait another season unless his demands are too high... but if he's willing to sign for less than 10 million per year, the team shouldn't even think about not doing it.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:14 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I almost totally sure Biedrins will only get better than what he has already showed but not only would it be nice to see that for one more season but also, the team has shown great play with small lineup, without Biedrins. I'm not sure what Nelson has planned but he could go to a small lineup much more after last season's late success with that ineup and so not use Biedrins that much. If that is the case, no point paying Biedrins over 10 million for playing alot less than 30mins a game

In that case, he's as good as gone. And with no compensation at all, as we wouldn't match an offer exceeding those 10 million. Something he's gonna get for sure from a team that needs a center badly (which covers almost any team in the league).

There's no reason to wait another season unless his demands are too high... but if he's willing to sign for less than 10 million per year, the team shouldn't even think about not doing it.

Mullin can always work a sign and trade next offseason so no problems as he won't be lost for nothing. The team can't really lose by waiting another year

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:23 am
migya wrote:Mullin can always work a sign and trade next offseason so no problems as he won't be lost for nothing.

Not if a team with enough cap-space signs him to a big offer we're not willing to match. It'd be much easier in Monta's case, but we're talking about a center here. Amounts are much bigger when it comes to centers.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:44 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Mullin can always work a sign and trade next offseason so no problems as he won't be lost for nothing.

Not if a team with enough cap-space signs him to a big offer we're not willing to match. It'd be much easier in Monta's case, but we're talking about a center here. Amounts are much bigger when it comes to centers.

What teams will have 10 million in cap space?

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:10 am
migya wrote:What teams will have 10 million in cap space?

For next year?.

It depends on the final figures, but the T'Wolves will have around $20 million, Utah be around 10 million (although they have their own re-signing to do). Memphis also will have around 10 million, the Hawks will have around 15 (only Joe Johnson is highly paid. The rest of their guys are playing on their rookie contracts). The Bobcats will have almost 30 (although they have to re-sign Okafor). The Bulls will have around 20 (pending on options they might or might not take. They also have to re-sign Deng and Gordon), the Sixers will have around 15 (Webber, and his 19 million contract, is out of the books by next season)...

A few more might be well under the cap with a couple of trades (like the Sonics, who would be around 12 million under if they're able to trade Wilcox for expirers).

This year's figure is around 55 million, so I'm assuming something similar.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:15 pm
I'd wait til next summer. If he turns out to be the star some already think he is, then match offers, but I'd like to see some sign of shooting touch beyond 2 feet and the ability to not get knocked off the block on offensive boards, prior to committing huge dollars. he had a great first 2 months of the season, but everyone figured out he was an offensive liability ala Ben Wallace by the playoffs. Now if he shows he can board and play D like Ben W that will be worth the big bucks.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
PreviousNext

Return to News Articles