Trading for The King

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:48 am
It's the year 2009 Larry Hughes has lost his quickness, big Z has had another foot injury, and king james has seen the cav's management fail to provide him with a good supporting cast. So he tells the cavs to trade him or he walks away as a free agent.

Now the warriors are a perenial winner [-o< have all the current players under contract except probably dunleavy. Who could we possibly give up and still have a respectable team to get King James.

I propose:

Murphy(29), Jason Richardson(28), 2 first round picks

for

Lebron James(24) and Usher(__)(to balance the cap)

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:00 am
mmm...NO

I think that Richardson and 2 first round picks

for L.James
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:00 pm
He ain't no KING. Don't believe the hype of his sucka ass fool advertising campaigns. Kid is hot. Kid is future. But he ain't no royalty. The King is Oscar Robertson and when LeBron James plays for Cincinatti Royals and drops a triple double for the whole season then we can talk business

But why would you trade Jrich when his the motherfooking future
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:45 am
LeBron is definitely a good player, but he still needs time to completely take over a game a la Kobe or Jordan. And still, both Jordan and Kobe needed other great players in the mix.

I honestly don't think Clev. would accquire J. Murph and J. Rich for L. James.

James is their franchise player, unless he pulls a Terrell Owens. LeBron is also a classy kid in modern times so he may retire in Clev.

But heck, it doesn't hurt to dream... LeBron in a Warrior's uniform.

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:36 am
If Lebron came hear he would have Bdavis giving him the ball.

I like Jrich though and cavs wont give him up
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:13 pm
Lebron James is already one of the best players in the nba and he has only played 2 seasons! I like JRich but he has to get much better in order to be in the same class as Lebron!

Cavs would want more anyway and they'd know they would get it!

Also Dunleavy will not be in Warriors by 2006, let alone 2009 :!:

migya make the ring fall on ya
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:00 pm
I don't think I'd trade Lebron for JRich straight up. Call me too big of a Warriors fan, but I like the way Baron Davis meshed with the 2-time Slam Dunk champ. And throwing in Murphy on top of it? Those two players have only gotten better since they've been drafted. Trading them away sounds like a bad idea to me. The only face player on the Warriors I'd deal right now is Mike Dunleavy (just because I don't think Duke players make it in the NBA 9 times out of 10). Dunleavy for Lebron, but no one else in my opinion. Throw a couple draft picks in to sweeten the deal. Don't think that would happen? Okay, fine. But I bet no one would have thought we'd get Baron Davis for only Speedy Claxton, huh?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:46 am
we only got baron davis because hornets didn't like baron since they thought he was faking his injuries and not playing on purpose
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:04 pm
I dunno about that. If the Horents thought he was "faking" his injuries, they probably would have either held on to him and tried to motivate him or they would have traded him for more established players. I think New Orleans was trying to dump his contract on us because they thought he'd never come back from all his injuries and have a full season together. If they thought he was faking and he had the ability to come back full-time, I don't think they would have settled for such role players in a trade. The Hornets didn't deal us one of the best point guards in the league because they had to have Speedy Claxton and Dale Davis. They had to have thought Baron Davis was done and were trying to get quality players for him before his value dried up and he became the new Grant Hill (Which, scary as it is to think about it, could very well happen. I know we're all excited about Baron Davis, but so was Orlando about Grant Hill. They made a midseason trade and thought they had gold. What they got was an above average player who hasn't played a full schedule in 5 years with a fat contract. I know we don't wanna hear that right now, but it could quite possibly happen to us...)
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Return to Trades