Seahawks at 49ers

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:08 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I bet you that Nolan calls every single play. He wont let anyone do it, or there would be different calls. They dont trust the offense enough to let them do anything.
I'll take that bet, you see that guy on the niner's sideline with the laminated play sheet? The guy that has held down over 6 assistant offensive coaching positions for the Saints, Jets, and other teams. The guy that is named Jim Hostler, you see him? Thats the guy that is calling the plays.

I cant believe I am even arguing about this! It's so dumb! You see Nolan with anything but a stupid suite and a headset!? No you don't, so how is he calling the plays? Oh that's right, he just remembers a play book with like 300+ plays! Come on, where is your logic? What makes you believe Nolan is the offensive play caller? Really, I want to know how someone can get so confused.

sfsfsfgiants wrote:I think that it goes both ways regarding the playcalling and the O-Line. If we ran the right play, with the right blocking schemes, it might work.
You know what also helps? Actually blocking the guy across from you, I'm not sure but I've heard that is an effective technique. :wink: And we are a man blocking scheme do to the size of our line, it would make no sense switching to a zone scheme. And if your talking about pulling our guards...Well then, now I know your crazy. Justin Smiley doesn't know his A-hole from a hole in the ground.

sfsfsfgiants wrote:Did you just say that you like our play calling?
Yup, we made the right calls in the right situations - horrible execution and protection will usually negate good play calling.

sfsfsfgiants wrote:Holy crap, man. I can tell you our design.

1st down) run up the middle
2nd down) run up the middle
3rd down) play action, broken up
4th down) punt for 65 yards.

Our play calling sucks.

That's funny, and I was under the impression that we passed the ball more than we ran it...Oh yeah, thats because WE DID! 33 pass plays to 19 runs! But according to you we had a 2-1 run to pass play selection, we were watching the same game right?

Just don't try to argue with me on this sfsfsf, your not going to win by just making stuff up. Your a smart kid, smarter than I was at your age, hell maybe smarter than me now. But I know football and back my points up with stats.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:26 am
As for blocking goes... on-combo-backer. Simple rule to follow when blocking. If they could do that, Gore would have better holes to run through. Pass protection? Well, it's up to the line. A simple double-team couldn't hold Darryl Tapp from sacking Alex.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:06 am
Going back to the Seahawks vs Niners rivalry, I like what I've read in this thread. There's respect between fans of both teams, and that's not easy to find. Well done, guys.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:44 am
Yes, I certainly respect the direction the Niners are headed. They have drafted very well the past couple of years and are finally spending money.

I dont think they are ready quite yet but if they can add some speed on offense, they could be scary down the road.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:14 pm
JReed23 wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I bet you that Nolan calls every single play. He wont let anyone do it, or there would be different calls. They dont trust the offense enough to let them do anything.
I'll take that bet, you see that guy on the niner's sideline with the laminated play sheet? The guy that has held down over 6 assistant offensive coaching positions for the Saints, Jets, and other teams. The guy that is named Jim Hostler, you see him? Thats the guy that is calling the plays.

I cant believe I am even arguing about this! It's so dumb! You see Nolan with anything but a stupid suite and a headset!? No you don't, so how is he calling the plays? Oh that's right, he just remembers a play book with like 300+ plays! Come on, where is your logic? What makes you believe Nolan is the offensive play caller? Really, I want to know how someone can get so confused.

sfsfsfgiants wrote:I think that it goes both ways regarding the playcalling and the O-Line. If we ran the right play, with the right blocking schemes, it might work.
You know what also helps? Actually blocking the guy across from you, I'm not sure but I've heard that is an effective technique. :wink: And we are a man blocking scheme do to the size of our line, it would make no sense switching to a zone scheme. And if your talking about pulling our guards...Well then, now I know your crazy. Justin Smiley doesn't know his A-hole from a hole in the ground.

Yup, we made the right calls in the right situations - horrible execution and protection will usually negate good play calling.

Our play calling sucks.

That's funny, and I was under the impression that we passed the ball more than we ran it...Oh yeah, thats because WE DID! 33 pass plays to 19 runs! But according to you we had a 2-1 run to pass play selection, we were watching the same game right?

Just don't try to argue with me on this sfsfsf, your not going to win by just making stuff up. Your a smart kid, smarter than I was at your age, hell maybe smarter than me now. But I know football and back my points up with stats.

I was out at the game, so I didnt have the stat book in front of me, but it just seemed like we ran the ball way more than we ran. Sorry. I just didnt see that many passes.

How about going back to the Seahawks-Niners rivalry rather than two Niner fans fighting over how many times we ran the damn ball, and who is telling them to run it. :wink:
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:18 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
JReed23 wrote:

Our play calling sucks.

I was out at the game, so I didnt have the stat book in front of me, but it just seemed like we ran the ball way more than we ran. Sorry. I just didnt see that many passes.

How about going back to the Seahawks-Niners rivalry rather than two Niner fans fighting over how many times we ran the damn ball, and who is telling them to run it. :wink:
Agreed, just wanted to get some facts straight, no offense sfsfsf. And yes 9er fans should stick together, it's going to be a long season as it seems Alex wont be back anytime soon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:05 pm
JReed23 wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
JReed23 wrote:

Our play calling sucks.

Agreed, just wanted to get some facts straight, no offense sfsfsf. And yes 9er fans should stick together, it's going to be a long season as it seems Alex wont be back anytime soon.

I heard that Smith is going to be back in three weeks. He wont need surgery.
Previous

Return to Sports Board