Oakland Raiders Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:28 pm
I'll admit, they showed up the Fish. Culpepper had a monster game, showing up his former team.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:38 am
yeah it was a big win, pepper with 5 TDs (2 pass 3 run) but 5/12 for 75 yards isn't all that great. The TDs are nice, but he is a QB right?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:40 am
The running game has been phenominal!!!

Everyone talked all preseason about the dominance of Chargers,Chiefs and Denver on the run. But Oakland Oline has been proving otherwise that Oakland is the team that is dominating the run!

I thought i was reading a typo when i saw Culpepper with 3 Rushing TD's.
Jamarcus Russel should be holding that clipboard just a little bit longer!!! :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:37 am
Amazing. One of those games that happen once in a decade. How can you score 35 points passing for only 75 yards?

Props to the Raiders, tho. They deserved the win.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:42 am
TMC wrote:Amazing. One of those games that happen once in a decade. How can you score 35 points passing for only 75 yards?

Props to the Raiders, tho. They deserved the win.

I particularly liked Warren Sapps comment in regards to Joey Porter comments earliers in the week.

It was along the lines of

"Joey promised them the win, What's he gonna promise them next week? This Dolphins Defence will hold there opponent to 250 rushing yards as opposed to 299 rushing yards"

I don't think Culpepper got selfish, But 3 Rushing TD's. I bet that Dolphins Defense would never thought his knee could work that hard in the redzone.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:53 pm
They need to pass the ball more. Against most teams, only throwing for 70 yards is unacceptable. Even though Culpepper is running, he needs to pass for them to win.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:13 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:They need to pass the ball more. Against most teams, only throwing for 70 yards is unacceptable. Even though Culpepper is running, he needs to pass for them to win.
They looked pretty good on Sunday, if it aint broke don't fix it. "he needs to pass for them to win" Looks like they got it done regardless. I see your point, they will have to pass sooner or later, but ask any coach in the league which they'd rather do and they'll say run ('cept for Mike Marts).
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:23 am
Well the Dolphins pass rush has been close to nonexistent and the pass protection has been getting shown up every week no matter what the stats may say such as Culpepper's 70 yards throwing. All in all, the Fins suck. Cam Cameron's promise is a lie. Trent Green hasn't changed nearly anything. Yep...
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:52 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Cam Cameron's promise is a lie.

I had a bad feeling about that signing... Cam Cameron looks like Norv Turner to me. Great o-coordinator, sucks as head coach.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:31 am
TMC wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:Cam Cameron's promise is a lie.

I had a bad feeling about that signing... Cam Cameron looks like Norv Turner to me. Great o-coordinator, sucks as head coach.
Yeah there doesn't seem to be any intensity on the team. Trent isn't really a vocal or animated guy either, coach and QB set the tone on that team, I believe, which doesn't look to be a good thing.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:00 pm
JReed23 wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:They need to pass the ball more. Against most teams, only throwing for 70 yards is unacceptable. Even though Culpepper is running, he needs to pass for them to win.
They looked pretty good on Sunday, if it aint broke don't fix it. "he needs to pass for them to win" Looks like they got it done regardless. I see your point, they will have to pass sooner or later, but ask any coach in the league which they'd rather do and they'll say run ('cept for Mike Marts).

Yeah, but like I said, most teams will stop a running quarterback. Hell, the Dolphins didnt even have their best player in there, in Zack Thomas. I know that he did great, and I am admitting that, but against most teams, it wont work.
Previous

Return to Sports Board