Seahawks at 49ers

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:01 pm
Just because a particular player plays better than another player in a week, it makes them better. If you go by that logic, Derick Anderson is the best QB in the AFC North, and Brett Favre is the best in the NFC. Do you honestly think that Trufant is better than Clements. If not, who would you say is better? Champ Bailey is the best in the AFC, and Clements is the best in the NFC. I'm not saying that Trufant isnt good. He is really good. Clements is just better.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:40 pm
Totally agree that Clements is a better corner than Trufant. I thought your post was talking about the bright spots of the day and that TODAY Nate showed that he is the best cover corner in the NFC.

If you are talking in general, then ok, but not based on his play today.

But no doubt he is a better corner than Tru
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:46 pm
Na, man. Trufant was much better today. Nate had a couple good plays, the interception, a couple nice tackles on Alexander. I didnt like the fact that he got burned, and it sort of negates the nice played that he did make. Trufant didnt really get beat today, but it was more of the pass rush than it was the defensive backs. Not taking away from what he did, but the way Dilfer was playing today, I could take one to the house.

Would you say that Clements is the best CB in the NFC?
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:55 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Na, man. Trufant was much better today. Nate had a couple good plays, the interception, a couple nice tackles on Alexander. I didnt like the fact that he got burned, and it sort of negates the nice played that he did make. Trufant didnt really get beat today, but it was more of the pass rush than it was the defensive backs. Not taking away from what he did, but the way Dilfer was playing today, I could take one to the house.

Would you say that Clements is the best CB in the NFC?


Yes, I would say he is.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:15 pm
Now would you say that Trent Dilfer is the worst backup in the league? :wink: :mrgreen:

Honestly, I wish the Niners would do what the Seahawks do with Sececa Wallace with Arnez Battle. Battle is just as good of an arm, and it would work better because almost every time Wallace comes in the game, it is some sort of trick play. Battle is always in there, and twice a game, I want to see one end around, and one WR pass.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:59 pm
Location: oakland
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:57 pm
as i expected....49ers will have the hard time to play seattle
without V.davis and QB problems ....oh yeah, what's going on with san diego charger...they are expected to be one of the top teams but now even college football can beat them... :shock:
When 49ers win the game Raiders will lost but now Raiders win 2 game and 49ers lost 2 games....i wish both of them win the game...
my football fantasy in danger...my RB are injure (Rudy johnson and Lamont jordan)... :cry:
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2587
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:40 pm
Location: Eureka, CA - Humboldt
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:07 pm
I've been saying it since week 1 - "Or O-Line is killing us." I have never seen a more pathetic group. Make no mistake about it the Hawks aren't a very good football team regardless of what their record is or the win today. Their offense had chance after chance to put this game away but they couldn't do it against one of the best defenses in the league. When a unit is repeatedly trying to give the game away, like the 9ers offense, then you'd expect to loose by a bigger margin then we did.

When you only net 131 yards on O - wait make that 66 after penalties (7 by the O line), throw for 12-34 w/ 2 ints (3 turnovers total), get sacked 6 times, only rush the ball 19 times (when you averaging 5.7), constantly give the other team excellent field position, and your D only gives up 20 points then your D played excellent and/or the other team's offense played horrible.

I kept thinking throughout the game - "Damn our defense is good" and "Damn we have the worst O-Line in history". Our D has looked really good thus far, but I am afraid our offense is going to squander this opportunity much like the Raiders O completely waisted the great performances by their D last season.

Can't wait for the Bye week that's for sure, I hope we can figure what is wrong with our line. If we get that fixed then I believe we are the 2nd or 3rd best team in the NFC behind the Packers and Cowboys. Packers are no. 1 because of their D, I'm not sold on the Cowboys because their D is pretty sorry.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:11 pm
Well, come on now. The Niners played Pittsburgh and Seattle, two playoff teams. The Raiders played the Browns and the Dolphins. Two bottom dwellers. I didnt expect the Niners to have that much trouble with Seattle, and I thought that they were relatively even. However, I do think that Seattle is on their way down, and the Niners are on their way up. Bada, do you agree with that? I think that Hasslebeck has a few good years left, while Alexander has just really been going downhill the past few years. They need to start thinking about building for the future.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2587
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:40 pm
Location: Eureka, CA - Humboldt
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:33 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Well, come on now. The Niners played Pittsburgh and Seattle, two playoff teams. The Raiders played the Browns and the Dolphins. Two bottom dwellers. I didnt expect the Niners to have that much trouble with Seattle, and I thought that they were relatively even. However, I do think that Seattle is on their way down, and the Niners are on their way up. Bada, do you agree with that? I think that Hasslebeck has a few good years left, while Alexander has just really been going downhill the past few years. They need to start thinking about building for the future.


You misread my post, I was talking about the Raiders of last season when they had statically the 2nd best D (probably the best though with how that O played).

Pittsburgh is not that good also, they got handled pretty good today by the cards, but that has nothing to do with what I previously posted anyways.

Previously you said that Trent was the worst backup QB in the league, but I doubt any other backup could have performed much better with as little as he had to work with. Being a backup is hard for many reasons even without having the worst O-Line (Yes they are playing like it) in the league.

And you keep saying stuff like how we should run more trick plays to Battle or that VD being out really hurt us, but none of that means anything with out protection up front. I am amazed by the fact that it seems nobody else sees this nor is commenting on it. Lets forget about the stupid trick plays and receiver favoritism and just get some goddamn first downs!!! Which to the coaching staffs credit they didn't call any trick plays other than that sneak onside kick. Lets try to keep our QB (who ever it may be) on his feet and not on his back!!!

No offense sfsfsf, but thank god you aren't or O-coordinator - our offense is built to be a smash mouth O. It is true that a trick play here and there is not such a bad thing, but we need to get back to the basics. Our offense in general is disgusting.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:01 pm
JReed23 wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Well, come on now. The Niners played Pittsburgh and Seattle, two playoff teams. The Raiders played the Browns and the Dolphins. Two bottom dwellers. I didnt expect the Niners to have that much trouble with Seattle, and I thought that they were relatively even. However, I do think that Seattle is on their way down, and the Niners are on their way up. Bada, do you agree with that? I think that Hasslebeck has a few good years left, while Alexander has just really been going downhill the past few years. They need to start thinking about building for the future.


You misread my post, I was talking about the Raiders of last season when they had statically the 2nd best D (probably the best though with how that O played).

Pittsburgh is not that good also, they got handled pretty good today by the cards, but that has nothing to do with what I previously posted anyways.

Previously you said that Trent was the worst backup QB in the league, but I doubt any other backup could have performed much better with as little as he had to work with. Being a backup is hard for many reasons even without having the worst O-Line (Yes they are playing like it) in the league.

And you keep saying stuff like how we should run more trick plays to Battle or that VD being out really hurt us, but none of that means anything with out protection up front. I am amazed by the fact that it seems nobody else sees this nor is commenting on it. Lets forget about the stupid trick plays and receiver favoritism and just get some goddamn first downs!!! Which to the coaching staffs credit they didn't call any trick plays other than that sneak onside kick. Lets try to keep our QB (who ever it may be) on his feet and not on his back!!!

No offense sfsfsf, but thank god you aren't or O-coordinator - our offense is built to be a smash mouth O. It is true that a trick play here and there is not such a bad thing, but we need to get back to the basics. Our offense in general is disgusting.


I was actually talking to William, because I wrote my post at the same time you posted yours. :wink:

Out offense isnt disgusting. Mike Nolan just wont open it up. We need to do what we do best. Look at how you are doing, and change accordingly. If I was calling plays when Dilfer was playing, I would have called three step drop slants. We weren't blocking anyone, and a five or seven step drop is what was killing us. Every time Dilfer dropped back to throw, he was killed. I would actually like to see Shaun Hill out there, because Dilfer isnt made for this team. We need a guy who can move back there, and Dilfer is one of the slowest QB's in the league.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:11 pm
JReed23 wrote:Make no mistake about it the Hawks aren't a very good football team regardless of what their record is or the win today.


Wow! OK, so the Hawks are NOT the Colts or Patriots but they are "not a very good football team"? They are one botched handoff from being 4-0. They have won 3 straight NFC West Championships, they played in the Superbowl 2 years ago, they were one Hasselbeck completion in regulation or overtime at the Bears last year from going back to the NFC Championship game for two straight years.... hmmm


JReed23 wrote:Can't wait for the Bye week that's for sure, I hope we can figure what is wrong with our line. If we get that fixed then I believe we are the 2nd or 3rd best team in the NFC behind the Packers and Cowboys. Packers are no. 1 because of their D, I'm not sold on the Cowboys because their D is pretty sorry.


but yet, the 49ers are the 3rd best team in the NFC despite having accomplished nothing for years and have been destroyed and outclassed the past two weeks.

Gotta love homerism! We are all guilty of it. I guess that is why they call them fanatics.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2587
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:40 pm
Location: Eureka, CA - Humboldt
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:36 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
JReed23 wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Well, come on now. The Niners played Pittsburgh and Seattle, two playoff teams. The Raiders played the Browns and the Dolphins. Two bottom dwellers. I didnt expect the Niners to have that much trouble with Seattle, and I thought that they were relatively even. However, I do think that Seattle is on their way down, and the Niners are on their way up. Bada, do you agree with that? I think that Hasslebeck has a few good years left, while Alexander has just really been going downhill the past few years. They need to start thinking about building for the future.


You misread my post, I was talking about the Raiders of last season when they had statically the 2nd best D (probably the best though with how that O played).

Pittsburgh is not that good also, they got handled pretty good today by the cards, but that has nothing to do with what I previously posted anyways.

Previously you said that Trent was the worst backup QB in the league, but I doubt any other backup could have performed much better with as little as he had to work with. Being a backup is hard for many reasons even without having the worst O-Line (Yes they are playing like it) in the league.

And you keep saying stuff like how we should run more trick plays to Battle or that VD being out really hurt us, but none of that means anything with out protection up front. I am amazed by the fact that it seems nobody else sees this nor is commenting on it. Lets forget about the stupid trick plays and receiver favoritism and just get some goddamn first downs!!! Which to the coaching staffs credit they didn't call any trick plays other than that sneak onside kick. Lets try to keep our QB (who ever it may be) on his feet and not on his back!!!

No offense sfsfsf, but thank god you aren't or O-coordinator - our offense is built to be a smash mouth O. It is true that a trick play here and there is not such a bad thing, but we need to get back to the basics. Our offense in general is disgusting.


I was actually talking to William, because I wrote my post at the same time you posted yours. :wink:

Out offense isnt disgusting. Mike Nolan just wont open it up. We need to do what we do best. Look at how you are doing, and change accordingly. If I was calling plays when Dilfer was playing, I would have called three step drop slants. We weren't blocking anyone, and a five or seven step drop is what was killing us. Every time Dilfer dropped back to throw, he was killed. I would actually like to see Shaun Hill out there, because Dilfer isnt made for this team. We need a guy who can move back there, and Dilfer is one of the slowest QB's in the league.

my bad sfsfsf, you are right about the play selection, but it isn't Nolan making the calls. We could do a lot worse than Dilfer (Tim Rattay).

And how can you not think our offense is disgusting? How bad does it have to be for you to be disgusted by their play? We are dead last in yards!!!! That includes teams that have only played 3 games!!!! Come On!
Last edited by JREED on Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2587
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:40 pm
Location: Eureka, CA - Humboldt
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:50 pm
badabing8888 wrote:
JReed23 wrote:Make no mistake about it the Hawks aren't a very good football team regardless of what their record is or the win today.


Wow! OK, so the Hawks are NOT the Colts or Patriots but they are "not a very good football team"? They are one botched handoff from being 4-0. They have won 3 straight NFC West Championships, they played in the Superbowl 2 years ago, they were one Hasselbeck completion in regulation or overtime at the Bears last year from going back to the NFC Championship game for two straight years.... hmmm


JReed23 wrote:Can't wait for the Bye week that's for sure, I hope we can figure what is wrong with our line. If we get that fixed then I believe we are the 2nd or 3rd best team in the NFC behind the Packers and Cowboys. Packers are no. 1 because of their D, I'm not sold on the Cowboys because their D is pretty sorry.


but yet, the 49ers are the 3rd best team in the NFC despite having accomplished nothing for years and have been destroyed and outclassed the past two weeks.

Gotta love homerism! We are all guilty of it. I guess that is why they call them fanatics.
You quoted it yourself, but still misinterpreted what I posted. This would be considered a hypothetical:
I wrote:... I hope we can figure what is wrong with our line. If we get that fixed then I believe we are the 2nd or 3rd best team in the NFC...
Not sure I know what you mean by "outclassed" I didn't hear Jeremy Stevens speaking on our behalf in the pre/post game press conference (just jokes)... Maybe a little bit of homerism but we have a great D, that has been overshadowed by our offensive shortcomings.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:33 pm
Our line is killing us. I mean yeah we were facing two scary pass rushing teams, but gee. And boy do I miss Manny Lawson.

Honestly, I'm beginning to believe the loss of Norv Turner was a bigger impact on the offense than I thought.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2587
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:40 pm
Location: Eureka, CA - Humboldt
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:34 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Our line is killing us. I mean yeah we were facing two scary pass rushing teams, but gee. And boy do I miss Manny Lawson.

Honestly, I'm beginning to believe the loss of Norv Turner was a bigger impact on the offense than I thought.
Yeah, I didn't anticipate loosing Turner would have this kind of impact on the team.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest