Seahawks at 49ers

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:53 pm
Thought it deserved its own topic since we are talking about a game for 1st place.

Not going to sleep well tonight... already anxious and ready for this game to start.

Here's to a great game and one where both teams play hard, no injuries, and the team that plays the best wins!
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:59 pm
Location: oakland
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:57 pm
49ers will have a hard time for this week...
Vernon Davis injure and Smith still in limbo....
maybe they need more help from Gore.....
the good things is they play Home game....maybe fans could help... :wink:
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:56 am
I'm going tomorrow.

No Vernon is huge because of how important he is to our offense especially since he finally got going last week. We'll need our receivers to step up and Smith needs to take a step forward from last week. Our pass rush sucks, so expect Hasselbeck to get a shiit load of time in the pocket to throw.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:48 am
xbaywarrior wrote:I'm going tomorrow.

No Vernon is huge because of how important he is to our offense especially since he finally got going last week. We'll need our receivers to step up and Smith needs to take a step forward from last week. Our pass rush sucks, so expect Hasselbeck to get a shiit load of time in the pocket to throw.


I'm going too. I think that if we can get our running game going, Seattle is in trouble.

I say 17-14 Niners. It could go either way, but with Alexander being sooooo in consistant, I think Patrick Willis lays a licking on him. :headbang:
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:23 am
Couple of things:

Don't think the loss of V Davis for this game is as big as everyone thinks it is. I understand his speed has got to be accounted for but this guy has done NOTHING in the NFL so far. If a guy with 8 catches and 80 yards, no TD's in 3 games is the key to your team, then the Niners have bigger issues.

As far as P Willis crushing Alexander well that might be hard because Alexander like to fall down on his own before taking a hit. That is unless they are inside the 10 yard line when he runs like a man possessed but between the 20's he will like to find a nice soft spot to sit down in.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:55 am
badabing8888 wrote:Couple of things:

Don't think the loss of V Davis for this game is as big as everyone thinks it is. I understand his speed has got to be accounted for but this guy has done NOTHING in the NFL so far. If a guy with 8 catches and 80 yards, no TD's in 3 games is the key to your team, then the Niners have bigger issues.

As far as P Willis crushing Alexander well that might be hard because Alexander like to fall down on his own before taking a hit. That is unless they are inside the 10 yard line when he runs like a man possessed but between the 20's he will like to find a nice soft spot to sit down in.


What do you say the score is?
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:40 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
badabing8888 wrote:Couple of things:

Don't think the loss of V Davis for this game is as big as everyone thinks it is. I understand his speed has got to be accounted for but this guy has done NOTHING in the NFL so far. If a guy with 8 catches and 80 yards, no TD's in 3 games is the key to your team, then the Niners have bigger issues.

As far as P Willis crushing Alexander well that might be hard because Alexander like to fall down on his own before taking a hit. That is unless they are inside the 10 yard line when he runs like a man possessed but between the 20's he will like to find a nice soft spot to sit down in.


What do you say the score is?


17-13 Hawks
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:01 pm
I'm going with the Hawks... barely. Let's say... 24-20 Hawks.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:46 pm
Julian Peterson is a BEAST!!!

Tatupu has played amazing as well showing lets hold of coronating P Willis as the best young LB in the game.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:58 pm
badabing8888 wrote:Julian Peterson is a BEAST!!!


3 sacks already... :shock:

Seems like the Seahawks are proving who's the team to beat in the NFC West. I expected a much closer game, but... damn. The Niners still have a lot of work to do if they want to be contenders.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:31 pm
I was suprised to see the Hawks completely handle the Niners offensive line. Their line was just BRUTAL today. Not sure having Smith in their would have made much difference the way that line played.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:49 pm
Just got back. Good win for Seattle. They just dominated in every part of the game. The only bright spots I see is the fact that Nate Clements is the best corner in the NFC, and Michael Lewis can return punts. Great job for both of them today.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:25 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Just got back. Good win for Seattle. They just dominated in every part of the game. The only bright spots I see is the fact that Nate Clements is the best corner in the NFC, and Michael Lewis can return punts. Great job for both of them today.


I did not think Nate was all that great today. They threw at him quite a bit and Branch burned him pretty bad on the 65 yard pass.

He DID make several nice plays and he had a decent game but certainly did not look outstanding. Trufant was the best corner on the field today.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:07 pm
badabing8888 wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Just got back. Good win for Seattle. They just dominated in every part of the game. The only bright spots I see is the fact that Nate Clements is the best corner in the NFC, and Michael Lewis can return punts. Great job for both of them today.


I did not think Nate was all that great today. They threw at him quite a bit and Branch burned him pretty bad on the 65 yard pass.

He DID make several nice plays and he had a decent game but certainly did not look outstanding. Trufant was the best corner on the field today.


He got burned on one play today, and that was the first time all year that he has given up a pass of more than twenty yards. Branch is a good reciever. He shut down Hines Ward, Anquan Boldin, and Tory Holt. He is a great corner who can tackle, force fumbles, knock passes down, and get the huge interception, the last of which he did today.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:45 pm
He is a good player, but not his best effort today. He gave up several catches today. Again, he was not terrible but I just disagree when you said he showed today "that he is the best cover corner in the NFC" when he was not even the best corner on the field today.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
Next

Return to Sports Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests