Oakland Raiders Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:21 am
pawnograffiti wrote:but yeah my mind if floating, i know sfsfsf and xbay don't agree with me that they'll beat Chargers and Chiefs in consecutive weeks, I know you'll least givmmy team the benefiet of the doubt and say they'll win one of those games. And i think there a shoe in to beat the Dolphins in Miami.

The Chiefs?. Sure, why not?. The Dolphins, might be... although it won't be easy in Miami. They're playing for their first win, and still have a good D. As fot the Chargers at San Diego... keep dreaming. That team still is one of the most talented of the league.

btw, I think San Diego's biggest problem was losing Wade Phillips, not Marty nor hiring Norv. Their D is allowing too many points. And it's one thing to do so against the Pats... but a true contender just can't allow 31 points to the Packers, much less when they didn't have a running game during that game.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:38 pm
Anyone can beat Miami. Their secondary is getting lit up and I have yet to hear anything good from their pass rush either. Their running game has been non-existent. The passing game goes through Chambers. This team isn't the team we thought they could especially since Cam Cameron "promised to make this one of the most potent offenses" in the league.

The reason why the Chargers are so vulnerable is like you said, the coaching staff. They had what? 8 new coaches? A new head, offensive, and defensive coordinator along with 5 new position coaches. Norv's not handing the ball off to LT enough because he only has 50 something carries through 3 games. He should have 75-85 carries by now. Then the secondary is getting torn apart at times. This team won't click as well as last year until they adjust to the new coaching.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:05 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:Exactly why I didn't take LJ. His o-line has lost their two best starters to retirement. They're young and beaten down. No way I take my chance on him. I have Addai, Westbrook, Parker, and Henry at RB. That's way better for me the way they're producing.

A bad team gives the ball to their best player. That is LJ. Watch at the end of the year to get 35 carries a game. I know that their O-Line isnt great, but if you get enough quantity, it turns into quality.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:08 pm
pawnograffiti wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:Yeah a win is a win. But yet, you can't even beat your own division rivals. If you ever want to see playoffs, at least beat the gay Chiefs. I think this division still can be the Raiders to have. As long as Norv's at helm, the Chargers aren't going to make a big bang with this team. They're 1-2 losing to the Patriots(obviously) and Packers(???). The Broncos had a chance to lose. And the Chiefs aren't that good like I've been hearing from others lately.

but yeah my mind if floating, i know sfsfsf and xbay don't agree with me that they'll beat Chargers and Chiefs in consecutive weeks, I know you'll least givmmy team the benefiet of the doubt and say they'll win one of those games. And i think there a shoe in to beat the Dolphins in Miami.

Like I've said forever... I know when to give credit where credit is due. I know Morrison is a great player. I would just rather have Willis than him. I also know that the Chiefs are garbage, and are a beatable team. If it is there, it is harder, but there is no reason why the Raiders wont beat the Chiefs at home. As for the Chargers game, who knows? Any given Sunday, man. Any given Sunday.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:58 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
pawnograffiti wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:Yeah a win is a win. But yet, you can't even beat your own division rivals. If you ever want to see playoffs, at least beat the gay Chiefs. I think this division still can be the Raiders to have. As long as Norv's at helm, the Chargers aren't going to make a big bang with this team. They're 1-2 losing to the Patriots(obviously) and Packers(???). The Broncos had a chance to lose. And the Chiefs aren't that good like I've been hearing from others lately.

but yeah my mind if floating, i know sfsfsf and xbay don't agree with me that they'll beat Chargers and Chiefs in consecutive weeks, I know you'll least givmmy team the benefiet of the doubt and say they'll win one of those games. And i think there a shoe in to beat the Dolphins in Miami.

Like I've said forever... I know when to give credit where credit is due. I know Morrison is a great player. I would just rather have Willis than him. I also know that the Chiefs are garbage, and are a beatable team. If it is there, it is harder, but there is no reason why the Raiders wont beat the Chiefs at home. As for the Chargers game, who knows? Any given Sunday, man. Any given Sunday.

My alltime favorite quote.

Any Given Sunday.

Props to you sfsfsf!!!!
Last edited by PAWNO on Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:53 am
xbaywarrior wrote:The reason why the Chargers are so vulnerable is like you said, the coaching staff. They had what? 8 new coaches? A new head, offensive, and defensive coordinator along with 5 new position coaches. Norv's not handing the ball off to LT enough because he only has 50 something carries through 3 games. He should have 75-85 carries by now. Then the secondary is getting torn apart at times. This team won't click as well as last year until they adjust to the new coaching.

It's ironic, but they may have the answer in their own team. I'm sure the offense would improve just by firing Cottrell and promoting Rivera or Pagano to D-Coordinator.

Of course, it makes too much sense, so it probably won't happen.

sfsfsfgiants wrote:A bad team gives the ball to their best player. That is LJ. Watch at the end of the year to get 35 carries a game. I know that their O-Line isnt great, but if you get enough quantity, it turns into quality.

If he gets 35 carries per game, LJ won't be alive by the end of the year... :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:26 pm
TMC wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:The reason why the Chargers are so vulnerable is like you said, the coaching staff. They had what? 8 new coaches? A new head, offensive, and defensive coordinator along with 5 new position coaches. Norv's not handing the ball off to LT enough because he only has 50 something carries through 3 games. He should have 75-85 carries by now. Then the secondary is getting torn apart at times. This team won't click as well as last year until they adjust to the new coaching.

It's ironic, but they may have the answer in their own team. I'm sure the offense would improve just by firing Cottrell and promoting Rivera or Pagano to D-Coordinator.

Of course, it makes too much sense, so it probably won't happen.

sfsfsfgiants wrote:A bad team gives the ball to their best player. That is LJ. Watch at the end of the year to get 35 carries a game. I know that their O-Line isnt great, but if you get enough quantity, it turns into quality.

If he gets 35 carries per game, LJ won't be alive by the end of the year... :wink:

Screw next year. All I care about is this year, and LJ gives me the best chance to win. For all I care, he could be out of football next year, if he gets me a championship this year. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:27 pm
pawnograffiti wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
pawnograffiti wrote:

Any Given Sunday.

Props to you sfsfsf!!!!

Wow, for the first time ever, you didnt yell at me. Making some progress, man. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:42 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
pawnograffiti wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
pawnograffiti wrote:

Any Given Sunday.

Props to you sfsfsf!!!!

Wow, for the first time ever, you didnt yell at me. Making some progress, man. :mrgreen:
'

I never yell at you baby.

But with your twisted views on Yay Area football, i reserve the right to use colourful language :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:45 pm
pawnograffiti wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
pawnograffiti wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
pawnograffiti wrote:

Any Given Sunday.

Props to you sfsfsf!!!!

'

But with your twisted views on Yay Area football, i reserve the right to use colourful language :mrgreen:

As do I. :wink:
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:20 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
pawnograffiti wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
pawnograffiti wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
pawnograffiti wrote:

Any Given Sunday.

Props to you sfsfsf!!!!

'

Just wanted to add to the clusterfuck quotefest. sfsfsf your a chiefs fan? comon after Montana? are you serious? they ruined a legend. I don't discriminate I hate all of the AFC West and starting to hate all of the AFC.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:36 pm
JReed23 wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
pawnograffiti wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
pawnograffiti wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
pawnograffiti wrote:

Any Given Sunday.

Props to you sfsfsf!!!!

'

Just wanted to add to the clusterfuck quotefest. sfsfsf your a chiefs fan? comon after Montana? are you serious? they ruined a legend. I don't discriminate I hate all of the AFC West and starting to hate all of the AFC.

What do you mean, "are you a Chiefs fan?" I never said that I liked them, on here at least. I have family in Kansas City, so I like the Royals and I do like the Chiefs, unless they are playing the Niners. :mrgreen:
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:15 pm
lets get this thread resurrected...

big game today against the fish.

Daunte was hella good, especially when he did "Get Your Roll On" Dance
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:47 pm
Hey, I can admit, they played good. They beat a really bad team, but I guess you need to start somewhere.
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:16 pm
Duante looked good and Fargus looked good as well. Hope Duante gets the starts for the rest of the season, not because I like the Raiders but because I HATE hold outs.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board