Oakland Raiders Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:15 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:But you need to remember that when Miami had him, he was still hurt. You could tell that even when he did play, he looked shaky. I'm not saying that he will be awesome this year, but he will have a better chance to do well here than he did on Miami.

Yeah, but if Miami is willing to cut him and trade for a QB who's already 37 and coming from a major injury last season... You get my point. It doesn't say much about the confidence they may have on a full recovery.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:26 am
The Raiders are known for taking players that other teams see as washed up, and taking chances on them. Sometimes it works for them, sometimes it doesnt.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:47 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:Eh... I'm still "meh" on Culpepper. The preseason is the preseason. I hate how "experts" boast about his performance in the preseason against 2nd string units. The Raiders kick ass in the preseason, but then the season? Well...

Excuse me Douche Bag... but the Raiders in all there preseason games (barring the 49'ers game which im guessing is the only raiders game you watched) had the raiders scoring the majority of there points in the 1st Quarter against (the 1st String).

We piled on the points on the RAMS and SEAHAWKS ( In the Seahawks game our 3rd string couldn't get the job done)

I actually must give kudos to Culpepper cause he's showing heart out there, Easily a better Quarterback then Alex Smith (But Alex might eventually grow into Culpeppers shoes)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:49 pm
TMC wrote:
d1mex wrote:am i the lone raider fan on this board?

No. Dun's mother... er, Pawno is also a Raider's fan. It's just that he doesn't post much because he's ashamed of being one. :mrgreen:

Not ashamed i got jersesys of.
99 Sapp, 24 Huff, 18 Moss, 00 Otto

I love the Raiders.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:23 pm
Appears that the Raiders have named Josh Mcown the starter for week #1
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:32 pm
pawnograffiti wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:Eh... I'm still "meh" on Culpepper. The preseason is the preseason. I hate how "experts" boast about his performance in the preseason against 2nd string units. The Raiders kick ass in the preseason, but then the season? Well...

Excuse me Douche Bag... but the Raiders in all there preseason games (barring the 49'ers game which im guessing is the only raiders game you watched) had the raiders scoring the majority of there points in the 1st Quarter against (the 1st String).

We piled on the points on the RAMS and SEAHAWKS ( In the Seahawks game our 3rd string couldn't get the job done)

I actually must give kudos to Culpepper cause he's showing heart out there, Easily a better Quarterback then Alex Smith (But Alex might eventually grow into Culpeppers shoes)

Pawno! Where've you been? The season is about to begin and you finally show up. I expect you to be around for the pick 'em thread.

I didn't really watch the preseason for any team, I find it too boring to bear. I'll watch highlights, that's it. Besides, the Rams and Seahawks secondary aren't exactly the best ones I've seen.

All I know is that if CJ goes off on the Raiders and then they lose too, Kiffin is going to hear about it and Al Davis is going to hear about drafting Russell over CJ.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:19 pm
pawnograffiti wrote:

How the hell can you compare Alex Smith to Daunte Culpepper...? Alex Smith is 23 years old, and Daunte is falling after the prime of his career. Three years from now, Culpepper wont even be in the NFL, and the Alex Smith-led 49ers are going to be 11-5....
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:22 pm
Good win for the Raiders, but they need to step it up. The good teams are the teams that can win close games, and they have lose two of them in a row, and it should have been three.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:48 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Good win for the Raiders, but they need to step it up. The good teams are the teams that can win close games, and they have lose two of them in a row, and it should have been three.

A Win is a win!!!

Least it keeps you off my back sfsfsf for another week or so with all your raider hating preaching :-o

Time to hit the road and go to Miami, with the Dolphins down 0-3 this could be a real good opportunity for the Raiders to pick up the W on a down and out team.

but i expect the Dolphins to turn up and show there home crowd they mean business.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:41 pm
That's why I said "a good win." They need to try something else, though, because most teams will kill a team that cant seperate themselves in the game.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:26 pm
Dude our special teams won us that game, Taking the loss against the Broncos in that situation then karma strikes. Tommy Kelly got a awesome field goal block.

It was great getting the zoom ins. as the ball bounced on the dirt. Game of the WEEK!!!

Raiders break 11 game losing streak.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:16 pm
Yeah a win is a win. But yet, you can't even beat your own division rivals. If you ever want to see playoffs, at least beat the gay Chiefs. I think this division still can be the Raiders to have. As long as Norv's at helm, the Chargers aren't going to make a big bang with this team. They're 1-2 losing to the Patriots(obviously) and Packers(???). The Broncos had a chance to lose. And the Chiefs aren't that good like I've been hearing from others lately.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:19 pm
xbaywarrior wrote: And the Chiefs aren't that good like I've been hearing from others lately.

The Chiefs suck, man. They are going to be almost as bad as the Raiders. Maybe six, seven wins for them.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:18 pm
Exactly why I didn't take LJ. His o-line has lost their two best starters to retirement. They're young and beaten down. No way I take my chance on him. I have Addai, Westbrook, Parker, and Henry at RB. That's way better for me the way they're producing.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:38 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Yeah a win is a win. But yet, you can't even beat your own division rivals. If you ever want to see playoffs, at least beat the gay Chiefs. I think this division still can be the Raiders to have. As long as Norv's at helm, the Chargers aren't going to make a big bang with this team. They're 1-2 losing to the Patriots(obviously) and Packers(???). The Broncos had a chance to lose. And the Chiefs aren't that good like I've been hearing from others lately.

My brother you saw the hour glass from the same angle as me.

No doubt the Chargers are gonna perform poorer with Norv at the hell. Norv gives you great offense, not to good on the D. And with Schottenheimer gone, i think all that Chargers D ain't getting interested in playing football for this coach anytime soon.

And what about the Chiefs, they gonna fly way under the raider on this stealth and out season. Dick Vermill retiring, gosh that team last year just got by on wanting to play for a new coach. But Tony Gonzalez got slapped with the Franchise Tag and not really got able to test the Free Agent waters, (Who knows he might come back to Cali- LL Cool or biggie Smalls styles )

And the Donkeys. Well there the only shoe in the AFC West, But i still think there vulnerable, They still gotta face big matchups like the Colts this week. And they got opponents on the road such as the Bears, Texans, hell they got division rivals Chargers then a bye then Steelers, Packers . they could be looking at a 2-5 record before November rolls in.

Meanwhile after the Raiders take on the Dolphins this weekend, They hit the bye week and in week 6 sees them play the Chargers at Qualcom and the Chiefs at the Collesium followed by Titans @ Tenessee . By the time the Raiders see November i imagine they'll win there next 3 of 4 games and then where looking down the barrell of the Raiders up 4 wins-3 Losses.

but yeah my mind if floating, i know sfsfsf and xbay don't agree with me that they'll beat Chargers and Chiefs in consecutive weeks, I know you'll least givmmy team the benefiet of the doubt and say they'll win one of those games. And i think there a shoe in to beat the Dolphins in Miami.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board