Good 9er board?

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:34 pm
I sure do. That hit on Hines Ward was just nasty. The very next play Ward runs his route at like 50% speed. Willis absolutely crushes players when given the chance.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:21 pm
What I like about him is that even when he doesnt have a chance to smack you, he will just make the tackle. Willie Parker bounces outside past BY, and Willis chases him down, grabs him, tackles him by the shirt.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:15 pm
You can't get pass Willis. You could be Reggie Bush or Devin Hester, it doesn't matter. Pat's always on the play sticking with it. He's the speed shutdown device.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:22 pm
He is going to be a superstar player.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:46 am
pawnograffiti wrote:
TMC wrote:
pawnograffiti wrote:If the Raiders were winning (And if i didn't make this statement) there'd be at least some of you guys on this forum preaching Silver & Black. I know it's tough to root for a losing team

A bit off topic, but you realize everybody here is a Warriors fan, don't you?. You're preaching to the wrong choir, pal. :wink:

I know man, I don't wanna sound "Old School" cause i ain't even shown my face in the Basketball section of this board for a long time But there's a few cats on this board that all of a sudden popped up on this board when the Warriors blew up (And you know what they probably root for the Niners)

I hate fricking bandwaggoning, I'm not gonna jump between Niners or Raiders whenever one of the teams are playing exceptionally well or bad. I've rooted for the Raiders & Warriors when they've been at there worst.

One reason i got turned off posting about the Warriors on this board as they seemed to fix there kinks. Nellie is god... why the **** do i need to comment on "Draft this guy" or "trade for this exemption" when everything in the Warriors front office seems to be under control (Sometimes from a purely internet forum approach, i want my team to be losing so i can bitch and moan about how to fix it)

Anyways, Yeah San Francisco really needs there own Bball team IMO. (it'd be good Cross city rivalry)

I know we have ventured off this topic a little, but I would like to respond to pawno.

Yes it is true that I didn't start posting here until the warriors started winning but it isn't because I hopped on the bandwagon. I just didn't have anything to post about, because I wasn't excited about the way my team had played in the previous 12 seasons. In a way I bared my pain alone, but when they gave me something to be excited about I started talking about them so much that all my friends and family (mostly non-warrior fans) got sick of hearing me go on about them. So I found this forum to share my enthusiasm with fellow warrior fans - plus this is one of the best forums I have found.

As far as me being a niner fan, well I am 22 years old and I can't remember ever not being a die hard niner fan. And the geography is a no-brainer, I live in Eureka, CA which is about 250 mi from SF so the Giants, Warriors, and the Niners are the closest pro teams. I have always been a homer, never a band wagoner.

The argument that you are a band wagoner for the Raiders could be more easily supported by the simple fact that the Raiders have had more success in the passed decade (AFC Championship) than the Niners. But I'm not going there, because I believe unless you are a Lakers, Yankees, Pats, or a Spurs fan that doesn't live in their respective areas then you are not a band wagoner.

On a side note I hate Lakers, Yankees, Pats, or Spurs fans period! Raiders fans are close to being in that group because it seems a lot of so-called Raider fans, know nearly nothing about their team nor football. But they are simply attracted to the "Bad Ass" like persona of the organization.

It's not fair to call me a band wagoner pawno - though I don't believe you were specifically referring to me - because I have not posted anything that could even remotely portray me as such.
Previous

Return to Sports Board