Good 9er board?

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:07 pm
He is a no name player with talent. P-Will is a big-name player with more talent. Take your pick.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:55 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:He is a no name player with talent. P-Will is a big-name player with more talent. Take your pick.

One's a Chokeland 3 RINGS Traitor. One's a Frisco 5 RINGS 49ers. I think I know where I stand between the two.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:54 am
xbaywarrior wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:He is a no name player with talent. P-Will is a big-name player with more talent. Take your pick.

One's a Chokeland 3 RINGS Traitor. One's a Frisco 5 RINGS 49ers. I think I know where I stand between the two.

Hey, leave Kirk out of the Raiders bashing. Just imagine where the Raiders would be without Kirk Morrison. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:40 am
What TMC said. Kirk Morrison was the best linebacker in the AFC West not named Shawn Merriman (And Kirk Morrisson is no drug cheat)

I know P Wills is a early 1st round pick and Kirk is a 3rd round pick. It's kind of unfair to compare the 2 cause they are both taking home different size paychecks and both producing on a comparable level.

But yeah Jreed23 , there is a hell lot of Niners fans on here (And it's only cause the makeup of the Yay Area are bandwagon riding motherfuckers)

If the Raiders were winning (And if i didn't make this statement) there'd be at least some of you guys on this forum preaching Silver & Black. I know it's tough to root for a losing team, but i take solace in the Raiders and knowing Al Davis is 100x the man Chris Cohan will ever be.

Yeah but best of luck Niners, I do have a soft spot for them... But my love for the Niners is only blurred by the raidersvniners rivalry which is one of the best in sports.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:45 am
pawnograffiti wrote:If the Raiders were winning (And if i didn't make this statement) there'd be at least some of you guys on this forum preaching Silver & Black. I know it's tough to root for a losing team

A bit off topic, but you realize everybody here is a Warriors fan, don't you?. You're preaching to the wrong choir, pal. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:55 am
TMC wrote:
pawnograffiti wrote:If the Raiders were winning (And if i didn't make this statement) there'd be at least some of you guys on this forum preaching Silver & Black. I know it's tough to root for a losing team

A bit off topic, but you realize everybody here is a Warriors fan, don't you?. You're preaching to the wrong choir, pal. :wink:

I know man, I don't wanna sound "Old School" cause i ain't even shown my face in the Basketball section of this board for a long time But there's a few cats on this board that all of a sudden popped up on this board when the Warriors blew up (And you know what they probably root for the Niners)

I hate fricking bandwaggoning, I'm not gonna jump between Niners or Raiders whenever one of the teams are playing exceptionally well or bad. I've rooted for the Raiders & Warriors when they've been at there worst.

One reason i got turned off posting about the Warriors on this board as they seemed to fix there kinks. Nellie is god... why the **** do i need to comment on "Draft this guy" or "trade for this exemption" when everything in the Warriors front office seems to be under control (Sometimes from a purely internet forum approach, i want my team to be losing so i can bitch and moan about how to fix it)

Anyways, Yeah San Francisco really needs there own Bball team IMO. (it'd be good Cross city rivalry)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:05 am
pawnograffiti wrote:One reason i got turned off posting about the Warriors on this board as they seemed to fix there kinks. Nellie is god... why the **** do i need to comment on "Draft this guy" or "trade for this exemption" when everything in the Warriors front office seems to be under control (Sometimes from a purely internet forum approach, i want my team to be losing so i can bitch and moan about how to fix it)

That must be one of the... weirdest things I've read on this board. You're saying you're some kind of drama queen of sorts? :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:33 pm
pawnograffiti wrote:
TMC wrote:

I hate fricking bandwaggoning, I'm not gonna jump between Niners or Raiders whenever one of the teams are playing exceptionally well or bad. I've rooted for the Raiders & Warriors when they've been at there worst.

I will admit this: I really hadnt gotten into basketball until the last couple of years. I would watch bits and pieces of it, and I couldnt really watch a whole game. Of course when a team starts winning, there are people who come out and take notice of it. Saying that 49ers fans are bandwagon jumpers is rediculous. I have been going out there every home game for my whole life. I sat through the playoffs of the late 90's, then watched as the whole team fell apart in the early 2000's. I am not a bandwagon jumper. It just took a little bit of winning by the Warriors to really get me into it.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:36 pm
pawnograffiti wrote:I know P Wills is a early 1st round pick and Kirk is a 3rd round pick. It's kind of unfair to compare the 2 cause they are both taking home different size paychecks and both producing on a comparable level.

Okay, I'm sick of the argument of, "a guy who gets picked in the third round is putting up the same stats as a first round pick, so that means the third round pick is better because he was a third round pick." I'm not picking on you, and I'm not singling you out, but I've heard it a lot recently.

To make it a fair judgement, throw out the money that they make, throw out where they were picked in the draft. Dont even look at who they play for. Look at their stats, and how they could be in the future. If you still want Kirk, take him, and I will take P-Willis.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:53 pm
2007 Year to Date
KIRK
GAMES:2
TACKLES:15
TACKLE ASSISTS:2
TOTAL TACKLES:17
INT:2
INT RETURN YARDS:13
PASS DEFLECTIONS:4

2007 Year to Date
PWILLIS
GAMES:2
TACKLES:14
TACKLE ASSISTS:5
TOTAL TACKLES:19
FORCED FUMBLE:1
PASS DEFLECTION:1

To Date after 2 games (& yes it's ridiculous you guys are even asking me to compare stats on Pwills to Kirk as Kirk has a 2 year headstart on NFL Expierience)

Pwillis leads in Tackle Assists and Forced Fumbles but other then that Kirk Morrsion so far has registered better games then PWills. Linebackers are expected to make INT'S and Pass Defelections.

look sfsfsf you asked me to compare stats and i'm not gonna run Pwills name through the dirt, But if your not gonna give Kirk the respect he derserves i think you should really check out the Raiders boxscores and sees he probably is the MVP on this Raiders Defense for the last 2 years counting. His a big time football player.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:30 pm
Regardless of it. Why the f*ck are we comparing these two? Judge P-Willis in 3 years. Judge Morrison in 3 years. Then we can talk...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:28 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Regardless of it. Why the f*ck are we comparing these two? Judge P-Willis in 3 years. Judge Morrison in 3 years. Then we can talk...

Even more, if you want to compare them and really decide who's the best, you have to wait til both have ended their careers. It's pointless to compare them at this point.

btw, Barrett Rudd owns those two b*tches. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:19 am
Compare P-Willis in three years to Morrison next this year. That is a fair arguement. Dont compare a guy that is three years older with three years of NFL experience to a guy that has just gotten drafted.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:38 am
How about this... who has the better potential to have a better career?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:57 am
xbaywarrior wrote:How about this... who has the better potential to have a better career?

That's obviously P-Willie. That's why he was a high first rounder. But that doesn't always tell the whole story (see Tim Couch). That's why I think real comparisons have to wait til their careers are over.

Just enjoy the guys you have in your respective teams, guys.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board