Sarunas Jasikevicius

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:23 am
Hello guys, you are really losing best European player! Saras is best of the best what European ever have! But your team coach dont let him play and show what he can!
And you know Lithuanian fans are the best in the world!
check video in down , we was meeting Lithuanian when they come back with european bronze medals!

go to this page scroll down ant push play button and you will see amazing meet!

http://www.delfi.lt/news/sport/ekc2007/article.php?id=14431389
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:28 am
sheilomLTU wrote:Hello guys, you are really losing best European player!

And we're f*cking stoked about it!!!

sheilomLTU wrote:But your team coach dont let him play and show what he can!

You know he sucked real bad when he played, right?. There's a reason why he was a cheeleader during the playoffs.

At this point, I'd be happy if we can get a second round for him. Or a buyout if he goes to Greece. Just get rid of him.

btw, even tho we don't agree much on Saras, welcome to the board. :hello2:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:18 am
Jask ain't no Marcilionis :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:06 am

no matter how much i hate the guy im about to mention....you must not have seen dirk nowitzki.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:14 am
EMan32 wrote:

no matter how much i hate the guy im about to mention....you must not have seen dirk nowitzki.

It doesn't even have to be Dirk - I'd take these Euros for NBA ball before sticking with the cabbage patch:

Pau
Parker
Andris
Kirilenko
Bellinelli
Garbajosa
Calderon
Navarro
Bargnani
Okur
Turkey Glue
Pietrus
Diaw
Turiaf

I am sure there are others that can be added to this list.

Fact is that Saras is great in the International game but you have to be have Lithuanian colored glasses on to think that he is productive in the least bit in the NBA.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:16 am
you think bellineli will be better than Saras?:)
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:21 am
sheilomLTU wrote:you think bellineli will be better than Saras?:)

For the NBA - certainly. He probably already is without even playing an official minute. He is athletic enough to create his own show and has enough range to be a factor. Plus he can finish in traffic. It seems that they are both non factors defensively but Marco can at least be a presence on offense.

But Saras is still the better international player versus Marco as was evidenced by the EuroBall 07 . . . for now. Thing is the games are very different and Saras just doesn't translate well into the NBA. Have you seen him play in the NBA?

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:22 am
you might be stretching there with turiaf...i needa see him for another year before i consider him.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:30 am
I don't think it is a stretch. Here are the 06-07 stats:

Turiaf (15.1 MPG)
PPG: 5.3
RPG: 3.6
APG: .9
SPG: .2
BPG: 1.1
FG%: .549

Jasikevicius (15.4 MPG)
PPG: 6.1
RPG: 1.1
APG: 2.7
SPG: .4
BPG: 0.0
FG%: .398

The deciding factors between the two are the age difference (and from that upside) as well as the field goal percentage.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:48 am
Thunder wrote:I don't think it is a stretch. Here are the 06-07 stats:

Turiaf (15.1 MPG)
PPG: 5.3
RPG: 3.6
APG: .9
SPG: .2
BPG: 1.1
FG%: .549

Jasikevicius (15.4 MPG)
PPG: 6.1
RPG: 1.1
APG: 2.7
SPG: .4
BPG: 0.0
FG%: .398

The deciding factors between the two are the age difference (and from that upside) as well as the field goal percentage.

turiaf is a big man...hes SUPPOSED to get more rebounds blocks and a better fg%. all his points come inside and mostly off an offensive rebound.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:12 pm
EMan32 wrote:turiaf is a big man...hes SUPPOSED to get more rebounds blocks and a better fg%. all his points come inside and mostly off an offensive rebound.

Still, that doesn't change the fact that he produces more than Jasikevicius...

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:37 pm
TMC wrote:
EMan32 wrote:turiaf is a big man...hes SUPPOSED to get more rebounds blocks and a better fg%. all his points come inside and mostly off an offensive rebound.

Still, that doesn't change the fact that he produces more than Jasikevicius...

as far as what theyre roles are on their respective teams, id say production is pretty much equal. 6 pts and 3 asts from a 3rd string PG compared to 5 pts, 3 rebounds, and a block from a 3rd string forward...and honestly, being 6'10", 3 rebounds should easily just fall into his hands.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:56 am
EMan32 wrote:as far as what theyre roles are on their respective teams, id say production is pretty much equal. 6 pts and 3 asts from a 3rd string PG compared to 5 pts, 3 rebounds, and a block from a 3rd string forward...and honestly, being 6'10", 3 rebounds should easily just fall into his hands.

Yeah, but I'd still pick Turiaf's numbers above Cabbage's. About the rebounds, keep in mind we're talking about 3 boards in just 15 min. per game. That's like 10 per 48 min. It's not a bad average.

Their numbers are comparable, but I'm more impressed with Turiaf's.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:30 pm
As even as the numbers are you still have to go with Turiaf because of his low salary and youth. I was factoring those things in while coming up with that list.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:43 pm
And the it's not fair to say that Turiaf doesn't have the edge on FG. Sure a big man will have a higher percentage but Jask is in his thirties.

Also. Turiaf brings a lot of energy. I really like the guy. I am sure he has a lot of deflections and block outs that don't show up on the stats.
Next

Return to News Articles