Center issue

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

What is the best way to sovle the center problem?

Let Adonal Foyle be are starting center
31%
Trade for Curry
23%
try Andris Biedrins
46%

Total votes : 13

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:49 pm
I dont know, thats why i am asking you.
Warriors all the way in the future.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:52 pm
Just post if you think Troy should be center or if their is a other way to solve the Center issue that i forgot about.
Warriors all the way in the future.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:53 pm
i say give him a 2 year deal, and see what he can do. wa all kno he has the talent, and he might not be that bad for who we trade chicago with. we always have the same guys for backup.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:15 pm
2 yers deal sounds about right, but I doubt curry wants to leave chicago for a two year deal and the last thing we need is an unhappy center. But what we give up for him is the real question.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:23 am
Go for Biedrins! This seems to be the safest option right now!

Foyle can play 15 minutes and get blocks and as many rebounds as he can. Biedrins can show that he is something worthwhile or not!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:28 am
I seriously hope we don't make the trade for Curry. At the moment, I don't he's the answer. Either we develop Biedrens or we get Taft some playing time... no matter what, we need Adonal on the bench in two or three seasons. Eddy Curry isn't a savior; if he was, the Bulls wouldn't be so quick to let him wander onto the trade block. Let the team play together for a couple more years before dealing anybody worth more than Speedy Claxton. That basically means that if we get a stud trade for Calbert Cheaney, Derek Fisher, or Adonal Foyle, we take it. Unless the Bulls want to go Foyle for Curry straight-up (which I can't imagine WHY they would), then lets wait it out.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:13 pm
But what about curry's heart problems????
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:32 pm
Hey, my first option would be to leave the roster alone, but everyone around here seems to be looking for a trade! Last I checked, we were doing fine at the end of last season. Why the need to wheel and deal a great team away?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:13 pm
Go for Curry, Guy can play with his back to the basket. has an awesome FG percentage. and defenders like Marion, Prince or Bruce Bowen can't gaurd him ( Those dudes can gaurd anyone on the Warriors even Troy Murphy )

We need back to basket scores. And Quite Frankly it may take Diogu a few more years to become solid at that in the NBA.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:49 am
No way getting Curry - It is obvious he is a big RISK!

He is fat, heart is screwed and his attitude stinks! He should have become a star by now!

I'm all for developing who we have. The spurs developed Parker and Ginobili and turned Bowen into a player. You have to stick with who you have for a little while and give them a chance to show whether they will be what you want or not!

Warriors have a chance for something beautiful!!!!

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:31 am
If curry played D thatd be one thing, but we dont need another scorer. Biedrins will be ready soon, hopefully this season.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:53 pm
pawnograffiti wrote:Go for Curry, Guy can play with his back to the basket. has an awesome FG percentage. and defenders like Marion, Prince or Bruce Bowen can't gaurd him.

That's when he shows up to play. The other 55 game of the season, he's a problem. Like migya said, heart problems, weight, and attitude. He's not a fix. He's another headache.
Last edited by 32 on Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:56 am
Player32 wrote:
pawnograffiti wrote:Go for Curry, Guy can play with his back to the basket. has an awesome FG percentage. and defenders like Marion, Prince or Bruce Bowen can't gaurd him.

That's when he shows up to play. The other 55 game of the season, he's a problem. Like migya said, heart problems, weight, and attitude. He's not a fix. He's another problem.

Not to mention that he is probably the worst rebounding center in the league.

Return to Warriors Basketball