Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:29 pm
Cal has a hard schedule this year. :|
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:14 am
I think if we can overcome USC, we'll be in the BCS picture for sure. Unless we become like Rutgers where we beat USC but then lose the following week.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:59 am
The Pac-10 is a tough division this year. Oregon, UCLA, Arizona, USC, CAL, all good teams.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:42 pm
Oregon dismantled the Wolverines. It goes to show Michigan just sucks and that Appalacian St. isn't just a division two school, it's a legit one.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:06 pm
Michigan played two very legit teams. App State could have beaten a number of D-1 schools, and Oregon has a team that could be a dark horse for the Rose Bowl.

I am not defending Michigan. They played like crap both games, but you need to remember that they arent playing scrubs either.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:58 pm
Yeah, I know. I meant that "experts" need to get it in their heads that pre-season AP Top 25 polls don't mean diddly squat and that teams shouldn't be ranked 1-25 as best in the nation until after the first week of action.

Changing the subject... what do you think of the BCS? To me, it sucks.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:15 pm
I think that the top eight teams need to have a tournament that starts the first week of the BCS. Every other team can do the normal bowls.

Team 1
Team 8-----------Winner of 1-8

Team 3------------Winner of 3-6
Team 6

Team 4
Team 5--------------Winner of 4-5

Team 2--------------Winner of 2-7
Team 7

It isnt the best chart, but you get what I mean. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:08 pm
Yeah. They really need a better playoff system because the BCS is a joke. I wouldn't mind them changing it to how they do March Madness. Of course, I don't mean having 4 brackets of 1-16 teams because that'd take way too long. But they could do an Elite Eight type bracket like yours or a Sweet Sixteen bracket. Whatever can change the BCS because it's BS.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:14 pm
Anyone see that Alabama vs. Arkansas game? I am an Arkansas fan so I made sure to catch it, but if you just like watching domination you should try to check out their games. The team lost, but Darren McFadden is insane. He moved a pile of 5, yes, 5 defenders on a run. Overall he finished with 196 on the ground and the Razorbacks should've won if their defensive coordinator didn't play like a fool in the 4th quarter.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:00 pm
I love the Razor Backs for the lone reason that Darren McFadden is on the team. He's such an explosive back, he's real fun to watch. Do remember he is a Heismann candidate ever since he was a freshman.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:58 pm
How about Cal? They could be ranked three after the new rankings come out, if Florida loses. Florida plays LSU next week, so someone has to lose. Cal will be ranked at least three, possibly two in the next two weeks. Wierd... :shock:

Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:59 pm
sfgiants u a cal student? i am haha

go bears!!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:01 am
slicksteven wrote:sfgiants u a cal student? i am haha

go bears!!!

He's only a sophomore in high school I think.

I wish I was a student there. I could transfer there after my freshman year here at San Jose St. That's what I'm aiming for.

Anyways, go Cal. Scary moment when Longshore went down. He couldn't pass the rest of the game. Great thing Forsett was on his game during that last drive. And DeSean Jackson... the kid is amazing. The defense held Dennis Dixon in check for the majority of the game. Great job today. We should be ranked 3rd behind USC and LSU after today's win with Florida, Oklahoma, and West Virginia losing. We have a great shot at the BCS Championship now. Just gotta get pass USC and keep upsets from happening. Go Bears!!!

A shiit load of teams are going to make a jump on the polls this week. So many top 10 teams went down today.

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:18 am
oh, best of luck transferring here, hope u can do it

and yeah cal will probably be #3, since #7 also went down so we're not gonna get leapfrogged by another team. its exciting, but the truth is that we're not really deserving of that high a rank. we basically got it handed to us on a silver platter, teams just kept losing and letting us swap spots with them. i just hope we wont lose to a bad team in the next few weeks and give up our #3 spot. pretty sure it will happen though, college football is the sport of unpredictable upsets
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:58 am
slicksteven wrote:oh, best of luck transferring here, hope u can do it

and yeah cal will probably be #3, since #7 also went down so we're not gonna get leapfrogged by another team. its exciting, but the truth is that we're not really deserving of that high a rank. we basically got it handed to us on a silver platter, teams just kept losing and letting us swap spots with them. i just hope we wont lose to a bad team in the next few weeks and give up our #3 spot. pretty sure it will happen though, college football is the sport of unpredictable upsets

I can easily get into Cal if that is where I decide to go. Like Xbay said, I'm a sophomore. :wink:

My opinion, in college football, it doesnt matter how you get it done, as long as you get results. Cal needs to pray that LSU gets beat by Florida now, and they will be number two. The top two teams would be Pac-Ten teams, and all those damn media guys that look at the Pac-Ten like they are a freak show, and love the SEC, they can bite themselves.

Honestly, I do think that Cal is a beatable team to one of those Arizona schools, maybe Washington, as well. If they look at every game as they will look at the 'SC game, they should be okay. What they cant start doing is start day dreaming, their mind is in the USC game while they are playing Arizona State, because that is when they will lose.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board