Warriors assigned to Fort Worth

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:13 am
By Marcus Thompson II, CONTRA COSTA TIMES
September 20, 2005

The NBA announced its Developmental League affiliation and assignment system Monday. The Warriors were linked with the Fort Worth (Texas) Flyers.

All 30 NBA franchises were divided among the eight D-League teams. The NBA first assigned franchises based on proximity to a D-League team. Six of the D-League teams received four NBA franchises; the other two squads received three NBA franchises. Affiliations will be adjusted as D-League teams are added.

The Warriors will share the Flyers with the Dallas Mavericks, Portland Trail Blazers and Los Angeles Lakers. The Sacramento Kings were assigned to the Albuquerque (N.M.) Thunderbirds.

Teams are allowed to have a maximum of two players at a time on a D-League roster. Only rookies and second-year players can be assigned. The same player can be sent down up to three times in one year; there are no restrictions on the length of the assignment. Players assigned will be carried on the inactive lists of their NBA teams, and their contracts will not be affected.

If necessary to accommodate NBA players, D-League rosters are allowed to expand from a maximum of 10 players to 12. The league reserves the option to ship players to an unaffiliated D-League team. For example, if too many NBA players are sent to one team at the same time or teams designate players at the same position, the NBA can step in and ship one or more of the players to one of the seven other teams.

NBA teams aren't required to assign players, nor do they receive any incentives for doing so. Teams are not allowed to interfere with the management of a D-League team, but they can have a representative attend practice or engage in skill development with an assigned player.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:13 am
We need some D-league teams on the west coast. I want to warriors to have their team in Stockton.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:29 am
It's definately a good idea. It gives more players second chances to develop after college. Several players get signed based off summer leagues after they go draftless. It's a great way to scout and let players develop. But I agree with you, DSigns, the Warriors should have their own team.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:20 pm
I can agree on that

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:29 am
Well David Stern said that every 2 teams in the nba will share 1 d-league team. Warriors & Kings in Stockton? I can only hope. We have a new arena being built right next to our baseball stadium so hopefully Stockton makes a run at it.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:36 am
Stockton's not too far from Chico... I guess I could go with that.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Return to News Articles