Video Game Thread

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:53 am
I love my Madden, but one thing that is frusterating me is the superstar mode. I wanted to create a center, and block my way to the hall of fame. I go out to my 40 yard dash to make my superstar's speed, and I'm not very fast... fine, I'm a center. I then go out to do the weight lifts, and I do eight... I dont know how to do those well. My strenght is 8. I didnt do well in the in-game blocking, and my run blocking is like 50.

I tried it for about two hours, and got the same results. Let me know if anyone has any advice, especially on the weights.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:24 am
Okay, I think I got the weights now..... five hours later :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:22 pm
:mrgreen:

Yeah, all you have to do is repeatedly press L+R at the same time as you go back down on the bench press. Just make sure you stop and push the weights back up before you hit the red line at the bottom.

Unless well, it changed from last year's Madden.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:30 pm
Are any of you guys old 2k5 fans who converted to Madden?
DUBBBIN’ !
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:13 pm
xbaywarrior wrote::mrgreen:

Yeah, all you have to do is repeatedly press L+R at the same time as you go back down on the bench press. Just make sure you stop and push the weights back up before you hit the red line at the bottom.

Unless well, it changed from last year's Madden.

I had a PS2, and I just picked my guy. I was recharging stamina, but I wasnt going up before my red line. :mrgreen:

PVWarriorFan wrote: Are any of you guys old 2k5 fans who converted to Madden?

I have never played a 2k series game for any sport. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:20 pm
I've noticed that Madden's superstar mode is really easy. I made my running back as a 20 year old, and by the time I was 22, I was a lock for the hall of fame.... :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:35 am
With the right DNA combo, it'd be so easy to get to the Hall of Fame within a span of somewhat years. For instance in 07, I was a RB and my DNA info was...

Your father was the LaDanian Tomlinson of his time.
Your father was an easy candidate for the HOF.
Your mother was an award winning actress.

I ended up scoring 80% on my IQ test. Drafted round 4, pick 7 by the Raiders. My overall was rated 90. It's all about picking the right DNA combo. Just make sure you're playing on All-Madden. :wink:

But then I can't wait 'til I finally play mine, I'm going to be Calvin Johnson and then let my contract expire and sign with some other team like the Niners(hopefully) or some other team with big money. I like moving apartments ASAP.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:50 am
xbaywarrior wrote:But then I can't wait 'til I finally play mine, I'm going to be Calvin Johnson and then let my contract expire and sign with some other team like the Niners(hopefully) or some other team with big money. I like moving apartments ASAP.

XBay the BUC!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:09 am
There is no more DNA stuff, at least not for the 360. You do drills to find out your skills. I think I was an 86 or something to start, and you need to understand, I had two bad years. I was on the Colts, and sharing time with Addai and Manning. I am in the hall of fame after doing next to nothing.

And Xbay, if you go to the Bucs, I am never going to talk to you again. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:06 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_138p6uzhUk&mode=related&search=

Just something that you need to see. :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:45 pm
Have you guys seen the reviews of Bioshock that are coming in?

It is getting grades off the charts. Right now it is on its way to replace Zelda: Ocarina of Time as the highest rated game ever. I was meh about it initially but I'll have to download the demo and check it out now.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:32 pm
Yeah. My friends are telling me to buy Bioshock. I heard it's a siick ass game. I'll download the demo first, rent it if I like it. And if I really get into it, I'll buy it.

xbaywarrior wrote:
TMC wrote:But then I can't wait 'til I finally play mine, I'm going to be Calvin Johnson and then let my contract expire and sign with some other team like the Niners(hopefully) or some other team with big money. I like moving apartments ASAP.

XBay the BUC!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Hell yeah! Er....

sfsfsfgiants wrote:And Xbay, if you go to the Bucs, I am never going to talk to you again.

Good thing I haven't played it yet! Or else I probably would've been in Tampa! :mrgreen:

Anyone have any suggestions to whom I should go to? TMC says Bucs. sfsfsfgiants so no way. Where to go? If I did end up getting offers from every team which would be a lie, but then whatever.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:43 pm
You only get offers from like four teams. I spent two years in Indy, and got mad at Payton Manning. I decided to leave, and was expecting to get an offer from every team in the league, but only got like five offers. I chose Green Bay. :mrgreen:

If you are a reciever, develop your skills for two years, then sign a three year deal with Indy and play with Manning as he is ending his career. Another option is New England. Any team with a good QB. Try the Browns or the Raiders as they develop as well.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:21 am
Hey, if you're gonna be a WR, Tampa is a great place, as Galloway will retire soon (I'm guessing in Madden will only take one or two seasons, and the rest of the group are OK, but nothing great)... You can easily be #1 on that team.

Also, I want to see pics of a Buc wearing a jersey with XBay on the back. If you do it, post a screenshot. :mrgreen:

About Bioshock, that game looks amazing. I'll give it a try... once I get my computer back.
Last edited by TMC on Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:46 pm
Why would you want to go to Tampa with their revolving door of people they call quarterbacks? Go to a place with some stability... like the 49ers. :mrgreen:

I want to see pics of a '9er wearing a jersey with XBay on the back. If you do it, post a screenshot. :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: :wink:
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum