Your NBA 2k7 Roster

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13531
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:43 am
I think Bosh and Curry make a good inside/outside duo. Curry can't block shots, but Bosh should be a stopper so it shouldn't matter. If you go after another big, you might wanna grab a Troy Murphy or somebody who can knock down outside jumpers. Bosh has a midrange, but Diop and Curry are trapped in the paint and you want a big man to pull the lane apart for a guy like Baron Davis.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

Role Player
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 10:25 pm
Location: Pinole
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:33 pm
I finally picked up a big man to strengthen my frontcourt. My lineup looks like this.

PG: Baron/Travis Diener
SG: Ben Gordon/SJAX/Monta
SF: GWalls/AMorrison
PF: Harrington/Beans/LaMarcus Aldridge/Darko
C: POB

I usually start with Baron, Gordon, General Wallace, Harrington, and Beans. I usually sub Monta and Jackson first for Baron and Gordon, and Aldridge for Al. Darko alternates between C and PF. POB goes ahead of Darko.
POB has been developed into a low post monster. avg 12 ppg 10 rpg 5 bpg

Beans is even scarier avg 15 ppg 11 rpg 7 bpg. Leads the league in blocks.

I'm a bit strapped for cash and Gordon, Monta, Wallace, and Beans are on the last years of their contracts.

I can part with gordon who makes about 5 mil but the other 3 I cannot. Wallace is a monster in this game, while Monta and Beans are developing into superstars. I don't know what do do. Any suggestions?
DUBBBIN’ !
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:28 pm
How well has POB progressed? Like what rating is he?

He's rated 89 in my game after 4 years of working his ass out to the limit. My lineup's similar to yours, well... not really, but yeah.

C: POB(89)/John Helston(79)
PF: D. Howard(99)/Varejao(77)
SF: Posey(79)/Kapono(71)
SG: SJax(84)/Foye(84)
PG: Baron(95)/Blake(74)/Randy Fiddell(69)

Howard was acquired through a trade sending Monta(86), Biedrins(81), and a first rounder.

Varejao, Blake, Kapono were acquired via FA.

Fiddell and Helston were acquired via draft.

Posey was acquired through a trade sending Pietrus(78) and Jasikevicius(68).

Foye was acquired through a trade sending Harrington(82) and a second rounder.

POB averages 18 ppg, 10 rpg, 2 bpg. He's a monster in the post.
Howard averages 19 ppg, 14 rpg. He's a defensive and rebounding beast.
Posey averages 13 ppg, 7 rpg. Our opponents average 34% against us at the perimeter.
SJax averages 18 ppg, 5 rpg, 3 apg.
Baron averages 15 ppg, 10 apg.

Helston and Varejao are defensive beasts.
Kapono is a freakin' maniac as our shooter.
Foye is my Monta Ellis.
Blake and Fiddell don't do much, I use a guard rotation of Baron, Jackson, and Foye more than often.
Last edited by xbay on Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:30 pm
:shock: You gave up too much for Howard.

Great trade for Foye though.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:38 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote::shock: You gave up too much for Howard.

Great trade for Foye though.


Biedrins wasn't progressing. He wasn't improving. He averaged 6 ppg, 8 rpg, 1.5 bpg.

Monta was averaging 13 ppg. Not good enough for me.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:39 pm
PVWarriorFan wrote:I finally picked up a big man to strengthen my frontcourt. My lineup looks like this.

PG: Baron/Travis Diener
SG: Ben Gordon/SJAX/Monta
SF: GWalls/AMorrison
PF: Harrington/Beans/LaMarcus Aldridge/Darko
C: POB

I usually start with Baron, Gordon, General Wallace, Harrington, and Beans. I usually sub Monta and Jackson first for Baron and Gordon, and Aldridge for Al. Darko alternates between C and PF. POB goes ahead of Darko.
POB has been developed into a low post monster. avg 12 ppg 10 rpg 5 bpg

Beans is even scarier avg 15 ppg 11 rpg 7 bpg. Leads the league in blocks.

I'm a bit strapped for cash and Gordon, Monta, Wallace, and Beans are on the last years of their contracts.

I can part with gordon who makes about 5 mil but the other 3 I cannot. Wallace is a monster in this game, while Monta and Beans are developing into superstars. I don't know what do do. Any suggestions?


Solid team.

I'm not sure what to do with Gordon. You could give him away part of a salary dump, though when I do that with a guy like Gordon, I'd get equal value in return... but make sure he's an expire. Keep the rest unless you think you can package them in one hell of a steal.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:19 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote::shock: You gave up too much for Howard.

Great trade for Foye though.


Biedrins wasn't progressing. He wasn't improving. He averaged 6 ppg, 8 rpg, 1.5 bpg.

Monta was averaging 13 ppg. Not good enough for me.


If they werent progressing, thats one thing, but just reading that, I just went :shock:

Role Player
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 10:25 pm
Location: Pinole
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:46 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:How well has POB progressed? Like what rating is he?

He's rated 89 in my game after 4 years of working his ass out to the limit. My lineup's similar to yours, well... not really, but yeah.

C: POB(89)/John Helston(79)
PF: D. Howard(99)/Varejao(77)
SF: Posey(79)/Kapono(71)
SG: SJax(84)/Foye(84)
PG: Baron(95)/Blake(74)/Randy Fiddell(69)

Howard was acquired through a trade sending Monta(86), Biedrins(81), and a first rounder.

Varejao, Blake, Kapono were acquired via FA.

Fiddell and Helston were acquired via draft.

Posey was acquired through a trade sending Pietrus(78) and Jasikevicius(68).

Foye was acquired through a trade sending Harrington(82) and a second rounder.

POB averages 18 ppg, 10 rpg, 2 bpg. He's a monster in the post.
Howard averages 19 ppg, 14 rpg. He's a defensive and rebounding beast.
Posey averages 13 ppg, 7 rpg. Our opponents average 34% against us at the perimeter.
SJax averages 18 ppg, 5 rpg, 3 apg.
Baron averages 15 ppg, 10 apg.

Helston and Varejao are defensive beasts.
Kapono is a freakin' maniac as our shooter.
Foye is my Monta Ellis.
Blake and Fiddell don't do much, I use a guard rotation of Baron, Jackson, and Foye more than often.


POB is an 85 right now after 1.5 years of development. I just got the icon that tells you he's a star. I don't really know why, his best stat is block which is at 96.

I think the game is biased towards POB because my Andris is only at an 83 and I trained him more and give him more minutes.

I'm trying to turn Monta into a combo guard but its hard because his passing stat starts at like a 65. I have it up to 70 now. I still play him at the point but it turns up the TO stat a bit.
DUBBBIN’ !
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:28 pm
That's great.

But yeah, Biedrins never really does much for me. POB progresses even better than Andris, that's why I trade him if he isn't getting any better after three years. The reason why Orlando was so happy to get him in my trade was because he was 24.

I tried to get Monta to become our combo guard as well, but his turnover-assist ratio was absurd. 7-5. I didn't trade him only because of that, but because his ppg average was lower than what he's doing in real life.

Once NBA 2K8 comes out, I can't wait to develop Monta and Beans. I know they'll be rated much better than they are.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Role Player
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 10:25 pm
Location: Pinole
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:45 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:That's great.

But yeah, Biedrins never really does much for me. POB progresses even better than Andris, that's why I trade him if he isn't getting any better after three years. The reason why Orlando was so happy to get him in my trade was because he was 24.

I tried to get Monta to become our combo guard as well, but his turnover-assist ratio was absurd. 7-5. I didn't trade him only because of that, but because his ppg average was lower than what he's doing in real life.

Once NBA 2K8 comes out, I can't wait to develop Monta and Beans. I know they'll be rated much better than they are.


Yeah, they better be. Barnes better be rated much higher also, he was a 69! and slower than Yao Ming which is ridiculous. Also, I'm curious as to what the stats for our rookies will be. Bellinelli better have some ridiculous shooting stats, but they will probably be bias to Oden, Durant, Horford etc. They usually always are bias to big names. For example, Baron was so underrated in this game, rated so low on shooting, and dunking!? Cmon give me a break. Who comes up with these ratings anyway?

Also, I'm scared that they probably set the rosters already so Foyle will still be on the team and they kind of take a long time to send out a roster update so we might be stuck with him for a long time. Last year they locked in the rosters on Aug 1 so we might be screwed for a little bit. But then you can always use him as a contract filler I guess.

And finally do you know what the release date is on 2k8? :mrgreen:
DUBBBIN’ !
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:35 pm
They'll always be biased towards big names. The Warriors get almost no respect in basketball games.

2K8 comes out October 2nd.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Previous

Return to Off-Topic Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

cron