Video Game Thread

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:16 pm
I am following you and am going to take Army on a Dynasty. When I change my schedule, I will take all the rivalry games at home, and any tough game at home. If I am playing some crappy mid-major, I will just play it there to make it more fun. I like seeing the other team's stadiums. It is kind of interesting.

I love the recruiting that you can do, too. Just a tip that you can try is create a five star recruit and make him from your city. It will give you the best chance of landing a top recruit. For example, make a great freshman qb from west point, or a city that is close to it. :wink:

It wont work every time, but save it before, and just reload it.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:29 pm
Hmm, I've always just skipped over the create a recruit portion, but I might have to try that. Although I'd go with a beast LB or something, I have, for some reason, an easy time recruiting 4 and 5 star QBs and HBs at Army but my defensive recruits all suck. Have you noticed that you can get 4 and 5 star QBs and HBs with ease as well, no matter what the school?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:46 pm
Well, I have noticed that with Navy especially, I get a lot of Athletes. Because they run the option, I just pick the fastest athlete and he is my qb. :wink:

So far, I get a lot of pretty good 4 star linebackers and defensive lineman. I just cant seem to get that dropback qb that Army has always used.

I just said a qb because they normally make the biggest impact on the team. Try it though. It might make a difference between a 3 & 4 star dynasty.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:25 pm
This is prob a cheapskate question

but....

does anyone know of any good free games (preferably smaller) to download.

I realise you should give as well as receive so here's a couple if you wanna mess with something :-

"N" (Ninja Game) - small download but frustratingly good.
www.harveycartel.org/metanet/n.html

and

"Blackshift" (Puzzle Game) - if this is your thing its a hum dinger.
www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f1186.html
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:36 pm
I have my High School recruit in NCAA Football 08. He is a slow, dropback QB. I want him to go to a school where he can start, and where he can have success. I know that Hawaii and Texas Tech both throw the ball on almost every down.... Any other schools that you can think of that would work?
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:28 am
BYU is traditionally pass happy. Marshall is kind of that way too. I can't really think of any other schools that will go all drop back pass year in an year out. A lot of the smaller schools in the mid majors do that sort of thing since they have to go with gimmick offenses, but they aren't consistent in what gimmick they pick year to year.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:08 pm
I thought about BYU, as well, but I dont like the fact that they dont put a competitive team out there year after year. Marshall is too small of a school, and dont get enough recruits. I am going to try with Hawaii and sit out a year, and hope I get some good receivers.

There are two things I have noticed that I wish they would add: Being able to transfer colleges, and being able to be redshirted. It would make it more realistic, and it is something that I would do. Two years at San Jose State, getting my stats up, then transfer to a Texas or USC and redshirt, and come back my junior year and win two championships.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:04 am
My QB is in his third year of eligibility at Hawaii, just won the Heisman and National Championship. He is 92 overall with 92 Throw Power and 99 Throw Accuracy. He has 73 speed, but only 69 awareness. :shock:

Should I stay for my Senior Year and try and get that Awareness up, or should I just go straight to the pro's?
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:46 am
I'm trying to think of a great QB that left school early and I'm coming up blank.

But if you picked your copy of Madden up already you might as well go pro. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:55 am
I did just come back with Madden, and I think I will go pro. :mrgreen:

Madden is sick. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:29 pm
What system did you get it on?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:36 pm
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:36 pm
Oh alright. What are the new things for Madden? I know the 360 and PS3 have different game modes and other stuff in some type of way.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:12 pm
Well, I had been using a PS2 up until then, so I cant say what is new between last years 360, and this year's 360.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:21 pm
You know... it's real hard knowing Madden 08 is on my table right next to me but I can't open it up and play it because my 360 is being repaired with Microsoft. And it won't come back for another week or two!
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum