San Franciso 49ers thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:42 pm
That's too bad. Gore said he was planning to rush over 2000 yards this season. That broken hand may hurt that chance a bit. No worries, as Nolan said it's only for the preseason, though he said nothing of the regular season.

While were on injuries, hey badabing, isn't Alexander's foot still cracked? And what's up with Hasselbeck's hand? I heard he was playing with a broken hand for the most of last year.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:13 am
xbaywarrior wrote:While were on injuries, hey badabing, isn't Alexander's foot still cracked? And what's up with Hasselbeck's hand? I heard he was playing with a broken hand for the most of last year.

From what I've read, both should be alright this season... but I'll wait to hear from Bada.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:26 am
xbaywarrior wrote:While were on injuries, hey badabing, isn't Alexander's foot still cracked? And what's up with Hasselbeck's hand? I heard he was playing with a broken hand for the most of last year.
\

xbay, Hasselbeck is doing great. Last year was a tough year for him:
Sprained knee, two broken fingers once he came back from the knee injury and a torn labrum in his non throwing shoulder that he had surgery on in the offseason. Supposedly he is showing a swagger that he had coming into the 2005 season.

Alexander is a bit trickier. HE says he is feeling great and report out of camp that he looks like his old self. They will take it a bit cautious with him. He says he does not feel pain but the fracture in his foot may have not healed all the way but he is doing everything as if he is not injured and has looked good so far in OTA's and camp.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:29 pm
Yeah, I heard reports of Hasselbeck playing through a broken hand last year. That's why I was wondering if there was any good news on him now. As for Alexander... hopefully he'll be back competing against LT and the gang for the top RB in the NFL this season. I'll admit, I missed the old Shaun and would like to see just how much our defense really improved against the run.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:54 pm
Apparently Davis has been acting out lately. He scored a TD during practice, spiked the ball, and started trash talking. Ulbrich and him had a talk. There's really nothing wrong with that, for arguments between an offensive and defensive player are common during practice. But...

Larry Allen and him nearly getting into a brawl... that's different since they're both on the same side of the ball. Vernon lately has been acting like T.O. opening his mouth. He's only doing this because he's scoring at will during practice. But still... After the TO incident, well yeah...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:53 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Apparently Davis has been acting out lately. He scored a TD during practice, spiked the ball, and started trash talking. Ulbrich and him had a talk. There's really nothing wrong with that, for arguments between an offensive and defensive player are common during practice. But...

Larry Allen and him nearly getting into a brawl... that's different since they're both on the same side of the ball. Vernon lately has been acting like T.O. opening his mouth. He's only doing this because he's scoring at will during practice. But still... After the TO incident, well yeah...

Hey, he's young and trying to live up to all the hype. Give him some time to grow up...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:10 am
Article on DJack. Does not go into the contract disputes he had with management but does outline some of the reasons the Hawks were motivated to move him, if even to a division rival.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=At35T6tieiCxHPb16y8gyOlDubYF?slug=jc-49erscampnotes080207&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:22 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Apparently Davis has been acting out lately. He scored a TD during practice, spiked the ball, and started trash talking. Ulbrich and him had a talk. There's really nothing wrong with that, for arguments between an offensive and defensive player are common during practice. But...

Apparently, not only is he acting out, but he is stupid.... Picking a fight with Larry Allen, not very smart... :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:22 pm
Franklin carted off the field today

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/news/story?id=2963740
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:03 pm
Hopefully it's not serious. Franklin was our projected starter. We basically have no one on the d-line that can play DT.

As for Vernon, yeah... he's young. Still... he doesn't need to celebrate after every TD no matter how much he's dominating the defense. He's just lucky Larry didn't decide to knock him out and sit on him for good measure. It's one thing getting into a fight with a veteran teammate on the same side of the ball. But it's another thing to nearly get in a fight with Larry Allen. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:01 pm
UPDATE: Mike Nolan names Joe Staley starter and kicks Kwame Harris to the bench. :cheers:

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:04 am
Hallelujah :D
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:50 am
xbaywarrior wrote:UPDATE: Mike Nolan names Joe Staley starter and kicks Kwame Harris to the bench. :cheers:

Kwame Harris...

I know how it feels to have a guy like that on the team. We had Kenyatta Walker on our RT for almost a decade, playing just because he was a first round pick (and, to make things worse, we traded up for him). Harris was your Kenyatta Walker. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:23 am
xbaywarrior wrote:UPDATE: Mike Nolan names Joe Staley starter and kicks Kwame Harris to the bench. :cheers:

Finally. I've been a big fan of Staley for a long time. I remember when he came out of high school, how high of a prospect he was. I was shocked when he picked C. Michigan over U of Michigan. I was ecstatic when they picked him, and cant wait to see him play.

The main reason that we are starting him is because he can block the pass. They dont need run blockers because everyone else on the line, especially Jonas Jennings and Larry Allen, is a good run blocker, and that was all Kwame could do, other than going false start.

You knew it was coming, and the last straw was the false start Kwame did against the Bears. Nolan was PISSED OFF. :mrgreen:

Good luck, Joe.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:50 pm
I'm f*ckin' glad he's starting. I absolutely hate Kwame.

Staley is a better pass blocker. Kwame's a better run blocker, but lately Staley's been proving that wrong. He was the most athletic linemen coming out. Jennings, Allen, Heitmann, Snyder or Baas, Staley. I like that protection for Alex and Frank.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board