Video Game Thread

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:38 pm
the reason why i said that sony had a stong show becuase of the exclusive games they had and one of there big exclusive games was killzone.that game was out of this world man. My opinon is killzone look better than halo 3 but that my opinion. But the wii won E3, but my problem is that its not a next gen consol, and people will get bored of it.I had friend who got the wii and said it was fun for for 3 weeks then got bored of it.
This is the year
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:34 pm
badabing8888 wrote:Anyway, that being said, a buddy at my last job sold me on trying the PC game World of Warcraft. It is a MMORPG or whatever that is called. Man, I got addicted to that game QUICKLY!!! Had to take a step back from it but still play once a week or so.

Anyone play that game?

Nope. Too time consuming... I don't have time for MMORPGs. You have to invest a lot on them to be worth it.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:46 pm
TMC wrote:
badabing8888 wrote:Anyway, that being said, a buddy at my last job sold me on trying the PC game World of Warcraft. It is a MMORPG or whatever that is called. Man, I got addicted to that game QUICKLY!!! Had to take a step back from it but still play once a week or so.

Anyone play that game?

Nope. Too time consuming... I don't have time for MMORPGs. You have to invest a lot on them to be worth it.

Dude, tell me about it. Like I said, I am not a gamer so I had no idea what I was getting in to. Thought it might be a nice "getaway" from time to time, but I quickly got too invested into it. Fun game and beautifull landscapes but very time consuming.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:52 pm
Apparently the PS3's that are being sold for $499 are only temporary. They'll move them back $100 when retail stores sellout.
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:43 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:Apparently the PS3's that are being sold for $499 are only temporary. They'll move them back $100 when retail stores sellout.

yeah that can help sony and can also hurt them.What i meant from helping them is that now people know that they going to stop selling the 60GB ps3, people is going to rush and buy them, then its going to hurt them becuase after the 60GB ps3 runs out no will buy the 80GB. i just hope sony is smart and not discountinue the 60gb becuase it selling like cazy now
This is the year
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:09 pm
Unfortunately they've already announced that they will be discontinuing that SKU.

As for MMORPG's, I still haven't found one that has made me get over my firm belief that you shouldn't have to pay a subsciption to play a game that you've already paid for. That just bothers me. WoW almost sucked me in to overcoming that stigma.

I think the hugest game will be a PC or console game that is built as huge as big as WoW but it won't have subscription fees.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:51 pm
badabing8888 wrote:
TMC wrote:

Anyone play that game?

Dude, tell me about it. Like I said, I am not a gamer so I had no idea what I was getting in to. Thought it might be a nice "getaway" from time to time, but I quickly got too invested into it. Fun game and beautifull landscapes but very time consuming.

The Warcraft games sure are great. I've played Warcraft 3 twice now but have wanted to get it for myself since 2002! Love strategy games where you have to think and create. WOW I haven't played but have seen demos a few times. Looks real good also. Maybe we can both get copies of WOW and play it online with one another badabing :thumbleft:

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:34 pm
Anyone else been playing NCAA 08? As watered down and weak as Madden has become this title has held strong, in my view. It is a pretty dope game this year, although I wished it loaded a little faster.

The real point of this is Darren McFadden is a monster who can't be contained.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:15 pm
I've been wanting to get that, though I feel like waiting on Madden 08's release. I've been getting NCAA's for years now. They've done a great job with it. McFadden is a beast, though I can't get enough of Boise State. Ian Johnson is beasty.

The Fiesta Bowl was the best game I've seen since... Texas vs USC @ the Rose Bowl. Funny how the college bowl games can be soooo much better than the Superbowl.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:11 pm
I love NCAA 08. I have a franchise going with Alabama, and they dominate. Dont ask me why I chose them, I just did. :wink:

I cant wait for Madden to come out. You talk about Johnson and McFadden being beastly, I cant wait to see Frank Gore. 200+ yards a game all year long. :D
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:13 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I love NCAA 08. I have a franchise going with Alabama, and they dominate. Dont ask me why I chose them, I just did. :wink:

I cant wait for Madden to come out. You talk about Johnson and McFadden being beastly, I cant wait to see Frank Gore. 200+ yards a game all year long. :D

I'm going to do my best at getting Calvin Johnson. I heard he's going to be a f*ckin' sav in the game.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:55 am
I had my ps2 forever, and just last month, I gave in and got a 360. I havnt played a madden game on it yet, so I cant wait for August 14. :D
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:52 pm
Hopefully Madden on the 360 will be playable this year. Last year the PS2 version was so many leaps and bounds ahead of the 360 version it was a waste of money to get it next gen. By the looks of NCAA 08 though, I'd bet it is going to be worth getting.

I got my Army dynasty going right now (I am trying for that 1 star to 6 star program achievement). I only have them at 2 stars but they are finally a respectable team. I was invited to join the MAC but I am holding out for an invite to the Big East (or a better conference than the MAC at least).

The game is so deep though - it had been 2 years since I had played an NCAA title and it has just gotten better. The recruiting is pretty cool (although it can get tedious) and the gameplay and animations are as good as ever. The only bummer is the load time for certain screens, but I can live with that.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:28 pm
Huh, I didnt know that you could be invited to change confrences. I was Navy for a while and went undefeated and ended the year ranked #6, and I didnt get an offer. They dont like me :-({|= . If I were you, I would stick with the Independants mainly because you can choose your own schedule without having to deal with confrence games. Every game at home. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:04 pm
Oh I am taking full advantage of being an independant. I feel bad only scheduling home games but whenever I play Air Force or Navy I schedule Army to be the home team so I can invite recruits (I don't feel too bad about making Navy be away since the game is at a neutral field anyway).

I got the offer after going 9-3 with Army and beaating Utah in a bowl game. I would've replaced Buffalo in the MAC, so maybe getting an invite is contingent on having another team suck it up massively. Other than that I don't know why you didn't get an invite.
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum