MOVIE REVIEWS

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:10 pm
Zodiac was a great movie. It's a must see. Stayed on plot. This type of movie was one of those "you can't leave your seat or else you'll regret it" type movies.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:56 am
Continuing with Movie reviews:

This one has been talked about but figured I'd do a review.

300 - Gerard Butler, Lena Headey, Dominic West, David Wenham

This film really brought out the fight for what's right, I'm a proud, I'll snap arms, choke out and beat the crap, fearless man in me.

The film is about the true story of the Spartan King Leonidas and his 300 soldiers who fought against the huge Persian army of Xerxes. The Spartans were always a great fighting people, living a life of battle but the Persians were the biggest army they had ever seen. Xerxes manages to buy off the so called noble men who all past kings of sparta had to request permission before going to war. Leonidas therefore is not allowed to take the entire spartan army of thousands so instead takes 300 secretly to take on the Persians. A smart man, Leonidas intercepts the Persians at a place called the hot gates, a narrow passage between mountains and the sea. Here, Leonidas and his army manage to fight a smaller proportion of the Persian army at a time and destroy them as they arrive there to try to pass. The Persians eventually are tipped off by a spartan deformed reject as to another way to get around that passageway and the Persians are able to surround the Spartans and kill them all. The end of the film has one of Leonidas' 300 men (one who was sent home by king Leonidas because his eye was severely wounded) leading an army of some 30,000 greeks, comprised of Spartans and Athenians, to a final battle against the Persian army who out number them 3 to 1 (an easy odd to overcome for the Greek battle experts).

This movie is inspiring to say the least and shows how the value of freedom is upmost and how people are prepared to die for it.

GOD BLESS KING LEONIDAS AND HIS 300

UOOOO

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:20 am
I haven't seen 300 yet (wasn't that interested after watching a few trailers, although I'll give it a try once I get the DVD).

xbaywarrior wrote:Zodiac was a great movie. It's a must see. Stayed on plot. This type of movie was one of those "you can't leave your seat or else you'll regret it" type movies.

About Zodiac, I loved that movie... although I was a bit disappointed with the ending. Was... I don't know, anticlimatic. Still, it's a great movie.

btw, you did well bumping this thread, migya. I gotta post more here.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:09 am
everyone should be buying 300 on dvd...

that movie was great...
Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:54 pm
d1mex wrote:everyone should be buying 300 on dvd...

that movie was great...

im going to buy it for blu ray
This is the year
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:07 pm
hellkiller wrote:

that movie was great...

im going to buy it for blu ray

Your going to love it on Blu Ray. Watching it at the movies was already one helluva ride.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:29 am

that movie was great...

get it off Bearshare or Torrents :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:52 am
I'm buying 300 on BlueRay the second it hits shelves.

No red-blooded man should be without it. It is both, (a) the manliest movie of all-time and (b) the most heterosexual movie of all-time. Great story, great action, every frame is a gorgeous picture, no BS lines, just straight ass-kickery.

300 ranks.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:38 pm
i havent seen 300 yet and im still deciding if i should buy it... maybe i will since i have a gc to circuit city...
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:49 am
hcop33 wrote:i havent seen 300 yet and im still deciding if i should buy it... maybe i will since i have a gc to circuit city...

buy it. you WILL like it.

boobs and blood.

thats all you need.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:33 pm
d1mex wrote:
hcop33 wrote:i havent seen 300 yet and im still deciding if i should buy it... maybe i will since i have a gc to circuit city...

buy it. you WILL like it.

boobs and blood.

thats all you need.

Not to mention an amazing story that all men can relate to. More or less.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:19 pm
300 is worth buying. The best movie I've seen in years. That's a MANS movie right there. If you're a woman, buy it anyway... your husband, boyfriend, whatever... he'll love you forever.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:24 am
Got it. On BlueRay. Looks absolutely surreal. Great flick.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:38 pm
Dudes, rented 300 and I was like, is this the same movie that all you guys have been raving about? I’m thinking Braveheart or even Gladiator great. And boobs, D1Mex? Maybe guy boobs (pecs) and abs. Seriously, it was corny and gay to the max. I'd have to completely dissagree on this one. It was one of the worst I’ve seen, actually.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:48 am
CjR wrote:Dudes, rented 300 and I was like, is this the same movie that all you guys have been raving about? I’m thinking Braveheart or even Gladiator great. And boobs, D1Mex? Maybe guy boobs (pecs) and abs. Seriously, it was corny and gay to the max. I'd have to completely dissagree on this one. It was one of the worst I’ve seen, actually.

:mrgreen:

See?. There's a reason I still haven't watched it. Each great review is followed by another like this one... Guess that, at some point, I'll have to check for myself.
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum