Will this years champion not be the Heat, Spurs, Pistons, and Suns

yes
33%
no
67%

Total votes : 15

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:31 pm
Last year, Miami, Detroit, Phoenix and San Antonio were the 4 best teams from the get go. Now all four of them have each improved their rosters, bringing veteren talent and rising stars to help. The power polls have San Antonio as a rank four, though there lineup is near identical as their championship team. Do u guys see any team giving all of them a challenge.? Remember, Finley will also be joining one of these 4 teams.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:05 pm
ajcardenas123 wrote:Last year, Miami, Detroit, Phoenix and San Antonio were the 4 best teams from the get go. Now all four of them have each improved their rosters, bringing veteren talent and rising stars to help. The power polls have San Antonio as a rank four, though there lineup is near identical as their championship team. Do u guys see any team giving all of them a challenge.? Remember, Finley will also be joining one of these 4 teams.

Phoenix seems to have gone backwards - They won't have as good an outside shooting team without Joe and Quentin! If Finley goes to Suns, which is very likely, Suns will then be where they were last season!

Detroit is the same, which I think is not good because they have a weak bench still and the likelyhood of injuries to its starters is always a possibility. They have been lucky up to now. If Darko is given a chance and he does well, Pistons are favourite I reckon!!!!

Miami has gone the wrong way with the trades!!!! Walker and JWilliams are ball hogs and have attitudes!! They should have kept what they had and gelled more!!!! Stil they are dangerous and could win something near 65 games!!!!

San Antonio is the best until they are beaten!!!! Parker and ginobili are young and will only get better!!!! They do need to get more of an offensive presence at small forward, maybe that Devin Brown will resign and develop. Glenn Robinson is a possibility of staying and being something for them offensively, they should try it again, might be an asset if anything!!!!

Houston Rockets and Dallas Mavericks are a chance this season, Rockets have improved and Mavs are always a chance with their talented team.
Noone form east will really challenge Pistons and Heat, except maybe Pacers if they can get back to what they were.

The biggest championship contender outside Spurs, Heat, Suns and Pistons is the DENVER NUGGETS!!!! I realy like this team and reckon that they will not underachieve again! They have all the pieces and should play great this season!!!!

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:41 pm
Forgot about Indiana Pacers. Until the brawl last year they were kicking Detroit's tail in their division and were close to Miami for the lead in the east. With Artest back, drafting of Danny Granger and the signing of Sarunas Jasikevicius (suposedly the best point guard in europe), they should more than compensate for the loss of Reggie Miller. It should be a 3 way race in the east between the Heat, Pistons and Pacers, as it was last year until the brawl.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:34 pm
in the east..its gonna be pacers vs. heat...i think pacers can beat them..as much as i like j-dub. spurs gonna take it again in the west

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:08 am
migya wrote:
ajcardenas123 wrote:Last year, Miami, Detroit, Phoenix and San Antonio were the 4 best teams from the get go. Now all four of them have each improved their rosters, bringing veteren talent and rising stars to help. The power polls have San Antonio as a rank four, though there lineup is near identical as their championship team. Do u guys see any team giving all of them a challenge.? Remember, Finley will also be joining one of these 4 teams.

Phoenix seems to have gone backwards - They won't have as good an outside shooting team without Joe and Quentin! If Finley goes to Suns, which is very likely, Suns will then be where they were last season!

Detroit is the same, which I think is not good because they have a weak bench still and the likelyhood of injuries to its starters is always a possibility. They have been lucky up to now. If Darko is given a chance and he does well, Pistons are favourite I reckon!!!!

Miami has gone the wrong way with the trades!!!! Walker and JWilliams are ball hogs and have attitudes!! They should have kept what they had and gelled more!!!! Stil they are dangerous and could win something near 65 games!!!!

San Antonio is the best until they are beaten!!!! Parker and ginobili are young and will only get better!!!! They do need to get more of an offensive presence at small forward, maybe that Devin Brown will resign and develop. Glenn Robinson is a possibility of staying and being something for them offensively, they should try it again, might be an asset if anything!!!!

Houston Rockets and Dallas Mavericks are a chance this season, Rockets have improved and Mavs are always a chance with their talented team.
Noone form east will really challenge Pistons and Heat, except maybe Pacers if they can get back to what they were.

The biggest championship contender outside Spurs, Heat, Suns and Pistons is the DENVER NUGGETS!!!! I realy like this team and reckon that they will not underachieve again! They have all the pieces and should play great this season!!!!

I agree and disagree with u. Now i do think Phoenix went a bit backwards, but their still better. why? because Amare is why? he was just phenominal last year and he will continue to impress. plus they have Marion and o yeah the MVP of the NBA. There the Team to beat in the west.

I dont see how Miami went backwords. They only upgraded on everthing this year. now yes chemistry will have problems at first but Stan Van Gundy will settle it. He's a great coach for that type of stuff. If however Riley takes over, the heat are done, just because ur adding another self center man into the mix.

as for the biggest contender outside the 4, i dont see Denver really threating. Wow their division sucks so they will make the three. But they have Carmelo who plainly isnt a star yet....he might never be. K-mart is overrated, and how long will Camby stay healthy. Plus i think even the warriors are a better team then them. I also think Houston, Sactown, and Dallas have more star talent and teamwork then they do. Plus u never kno how long Karl will stay as coach
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:47 am
Nuggets did so well against spurs last season and many of the playoff games were close! They are a team with all the pieces and Anthony is good enough to be the main player.

I love the Warriors but I think it is still early and they have to organise the minutes to suit the young developing players like Pietrus, Zarko and Biedrins!

Still Warriors could beat anybody if they play as a team!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:03 am
migya wrote: Still Warriors could beat anybody if they play as a team!!!!

true but the same goes for the spurs, heat, suns, pistons, kings, mavs, rockets, pacers......who else???

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:54 am
The suns did go backwards..dumbasses....the spurs are the best, no doubt, TD is one of the top players ever...Heat will be in the East finals against Detroit again, the additions the heat made could cause problems but....uhhh whats his name....oo SHAQ! With him gettin a lil older walker can do his thing while hes on the bench resting...sleeper in the east is i hate to say cleveland...Marshall and Hughes will help big time...West Finals will be Spurs V. Warriors(optimistic) with the nuggets making a good run and the MAvs doing the same...Champs 06 Spurs...Champs 07....WARRIORS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:16 am
tpensky wrote:The suns did go backwards..dumbasses....the spurs are the best, no doubt, TD is one of the top players ever...Heat will be in the East finals against Detroit again, the additions the heat made could cause problems but....uhhh whats his name....oo SHAQ! With him gettin a lil older walker can do his thing while hes on the bench resting...sleeper in the east is i hate to say cleveland...Marshall and Hughes will help big time...West Finals will be Spurs V. Warriors(optimistic) with the nuggets making a good run and the MAvs doing the same...Champs 06 Spurs...Champs 07....WARRIORS

yes the suns went backwords, but they will be better then last year. like i said before, Amare is like Wade in 1 big way. they look better and better each and every game. there stock to superstar is skyrocketing. plus amare is 22. i see the Suns going to the semi's against Spurs. no cant denying they'll be any lower.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:48 pm
ajcardenas123 wrote:

true but the same goes for the spurs, heat, suns, pistons, kings, mavs, rockets, pacers......who else???

Warriors have been improving more than all those teams! Only the top teams play as a team well, so that is what Warriors have to do to go to the next level. They have more talent than most teams and so have a greater potential!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:04 pm
migya wrote:
ajcardenas123 wrote:

Warriors have been improving more than all those teams! Only the top teams play as a team well, so that is what Warriors have to do to go to the next level. They have more talent than most teams and so have a greater potential!

i agree that their much improved, and the gap from them is less, but the other teams have more arsenal. (spelling is off). in a year or two it could be a different story. i also agree They hav more potential then any other team. But thats POTENTIAL. Those other teams have gone past that stage. In a couple years.....jus hold on.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:55 pm
ajcardenas123 wrote:
i agree that their much improved, and the gap from them is less, but the other teams have more arsenal. (spelling is off). in a year or two it could be a different story. i also agree They hav more potential then any other team. But thats POTENTIAL. Those other teams have gone past that stage. In a couple years.....jus hold on.

I would only give this group 2 years to improve to championship contender level. It is hard to break up something that is nice and that looks like it can be something great, but if guys like Biedrins and Taft don't become very good playersand Warriors remain middle line team, better off trading them for players who at the time are playing good, especially as role players!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:56 pm
migya wrote:
ajcardenas123 wrote:

I would only give this group 2 years to improve to championship contender level. It is hard to break up something that is nice and that looks like it can be something great, but if guys like Biedrins and Taft don't become very good playersand Warriors remain middle line team, better off trading them for players who at the time are playing good, especially as role players!

agreed.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:41 am
Don't sleep on DETROIT. they barely lossed to the champions spurs.

And with Larry out of the equasion. look for the team leaders to step up
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:08 pm
Detroit is always a top contender until they have a bad season!!!!
I just think that one major injury to one of the starters will cost them dearly!

I reckon Cavs are outsiders but no team in East other than Pistons and Heat are real chance but never know!

Next

Return to Warriors Basketball