Barry Bonds

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:48 pm
badabing8888 wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:I'm curious to know who that would be.

I would be very hesitant to name the player on an internet forum. Lets just say he is one of the most prominant and well know NFL players. Thought of as one of the classiest people to have ever played. Makes me SICK!!! He caused emotional trauma to a loved one that will be with her forever. If it was up to me, I would have made it very public at the time it happened, but certainly was not my call. All I could do was help her through the ordeal...

this was all about 15 years ago now and much easier now that he is retired and you dont see and hear him all over the place.

He is probably a 49er, maybe Joe Montana or Steve Young, because Young is on TV all the time. It is more likely Joe Montana. Am I getting close?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:05 pm
Not a QB. That is the last I will say on this.

Bonds is a cheating bastard! (maybe that will get it back on topic) :)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:09 pm
badabing8888 wrote:Not a QB. That is the last I will say on this.

Bonds is a cheating bastard! (maybe that will get it back on topic) :)

What!? I oughta kill you!!!!! :wink:

I was about to change it back anyways. Barry's not playing tonight though :cry:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:30 pm
I understand bada. But can you at least give us a hint? Like what team or such?

My guess is... Jerry Rice?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:12 am
xbaywarrior wrote:I understand bada. But can you at least give us a hint? Like what team or such?

won't confirm nor deny, but I wont ever accuse you of being stupid.
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:26 am
badabing8888 wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:I understand bada. But can you at least give us a hint? Like what team or such?

won't confirm nor deny, but I wont ever accuse you of being stupid.

As I'm not into baseball, I've nearly missed this...

badabing8888 wrote:There is only one athlete where I am completely unable to do that. My hatred for him trancends EVERYTHING. But that is only because he has PERSONALLY affected my life... not just heresay in the media. Even though he is considered by everyone as one of the greatest players the NFL has ever seen, he is a piece of sh*t and I would never say one positive thing about him

When I first read your post, I was going to say Deion Sanders, but classy and not a QB?. Yeah, it's gotta be Jerry...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:32 pm
I'm a huge Jerry Rice fan, so I'd need to hear some pretty damn good cause as to why he would have caused somebody emotional distress...

Hey badabing... if you won't confirm or deny who it is, are you at least willing to say that Jerry Rice is the greatest WR of all-time?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:15 pm
32 wrote:Hey badabing... if you won't confirm or deny who it is, are you at least willing to say that Jerry Rice is the greatest WR of all-time?

NO COMMENT!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:18 pm
badabing8888 wrote:
32 wrote:Hey badabing... if you won't confirm or deny who it is, are you at least willing to say that Jerry Rice is the greatest WR of all-time?

NO COMMENT!!!

Just know... if the player you dearly hate name is Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, or Michael Irvin.... I could care less. :mrgreen:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:38 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:
badabing8888 wrote:

NO COMMENT!!!

Just know... if the player you dearly hate name is Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, or Michael Irvin.... I could care less. :mrgreen:

Amen! =D>
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:10 pm
32 wrote:I'm a huge Jerry Rice fan, so I'd need to hear some pretty damn good cause as to why he would have caused somebody emotional distress...

If Bada hates a certain player on a personal level, he'll surely has a reason to do so, and that reason would only apply to him... which makes it pretty pointless to make it public.

Guess that what I'm trying to say is that nothing surprises me anymore. The media canonizes some players and hates others, but nobody has the pure, unadultarated truth. What's black for someone may be white for a a different person. What the media offers is just an image.

To sum up, I may be a fan of a player but that will apply only to the way he plays... I cannot be a fan of a person unless I really know that person. That's not the case with media darlings.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:23 pm
badabing8888 wrote:

NO COMMENT!!!

Alright then. Regardless of the identity of the player, I'm sorry to hear about your friend and hope that everything has ended up alright.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:24 pm
So how about Barry and them Giants?! :roll:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:38 pm
TMC wrote:
32 wrote:I'm a huge Jerry Rice fan, so I'd need to hear some pretty damn good cause as to why he would have caused somebody emotional distress...

If Bada hates a certain player on a personal level, he'll surely has a reason to do so, and that reason would only apply to him... which makes it pretty pointless to make it public.

Guess that what I'm trying to say is that nothing surprises me anymore. The media canonizes some players and hates others, but nobody has the pure, unadultarated truth. What's black for someone may be white for a a different person. What the media offers is just an image.

To sum up, I may be a fan of a player but that will apply only to the way he plays... I cannot be a fan of a person unless I really know that person. That's not the case with media darlings.

That's right

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:29 pm
32 wrote:Innocent until proven guilty.

This whole Barry Bonds thing has degenerated into a goddamn witch-hunt. They've been after Barry for how many years now? 3? 4? And they didn't even have enough evidence to INDICT him, let alone convict him.

As the old saying goes, "a good attorney can indict a ham sandwich." And I'll bet you anything they have some of the best lawyers out there trying to get Bonds. And, yet, they couldn't indict Barry Bonds.

This entire "scandal" is just an outright example of the media's total effect on how America thinks. They tell you to hate Barry Bonds. You hate Barry Bonds. Without evidence. Without a case. Without anything but mean-sounding quotes, mostly taken out of context, by butt-hurt reporters who were denied interviews by a sports icon who happens to take his privacy seriously. Now you have analysts everywhere claiming that Barry won't get into the Hall-of-Fame.

The greatest all-around baseball player of all-time might not get into the Hall. Forget the record. Forget 73 and 756. Barry was still a home run hitter. Still a base stealer. Still a gold glover. He was GREAT at every aspect of the game. Not just good, but great. And the media has cruxified this man to the point of where his life's work may go completely unnoticed and unappreciated.

We have been priviledged to watch one of baseball's absolute greatest for 20 years. And I'm not about to let the BS media manipulate my perspective on it. I've been a Giants fan. I've followed Barry. I've always liked the guy. And a bunch of butt-hurt reporters and beat writers aren't gonna change that.

Well 32, he has finally been indicted. Federal indictments are usually rock solid. Got to imagine they have some pretty concrete evidence against Barry.

Return to Sports Board